New Mattress Opinions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the problem with full memory foams is that 2 of these things could happen,

either you fall in the middle of the mattress creating a valley effect, OR in the middle of the mattress there will create a bump from the memory foam.

the valley effect happened to me. the sides will stay up but the middle would go down and i could even feel the wood underneath in the morning. not comfortable at all. you sink into your mattress. it was very annoying.

I never experience the bumps but I read other people say that the memory foam will create a long bump in the middle of the mattress after a while and stay there.

Also the materials in the memory foam could be toxic or poisonous in some brands. you dont notice it but it can make some people sick. There local news did a report on how flammable they are.

what could be best is a spring mattress that has a lot of cushion in the top, i think it is called european style where the top part is extra thick (But Not memory foam)
the most comfortable mattress I used before was the one that had Pillow Topper Pad already attached to the mattress itself.

Deep_Sleep_Wool_Topper_2.JPG

I can only speak for people with back pain. I have lower back pain and the only mattresses that has worked for me are the Multi Pocket Spring mattresses with a softer thinner mattress like foam or something else on top of that.
The Multi Pocket are more expensive, but the comfort is definitely worth the extra money. Offers more support for your back than anything else i've tried.

Stay away from the cheap Bonnell spring mattresses, there's a reason they're cheap.

:lol:lol we were typing about the same thing at the same time :rotfl you beat me to it LOL

Whats on top is called a Pillow topper and the style of the mattress is called European i think. the most comfy mattress Ever.

:lol:lol we were typing about the same thing at the same time :rotfl you beat me to it LOL

Whats on top is called a Pillow topper and the style of the mattress is called European i think. the most comfy mattress Ever.

Yeah that's it. With my back pain though, i recommend that it has to be Multi Pocket that is FIRM to give you support. If you feel like it's too firm for your liking, you can choose a thicker top mattress on top of it to get that soft feeling. I've tried a soft pocket spring mattress with both thin pillow uppers and a thicker mattress. Nothing works you'll sink into it in an unhealthy way.
It's different for smaller people though, i can only speak for experience with back pain and a few pounds extra :p

I completely forgot to say that all I need is a twin. Since I'm single and my bedroom is small, I went with a twin years ago.

I completely forgot to say that all I need is a twin. Since I'm single and my bedroom is small, I went with a twin years ago.

you can get twins with extra padding European style, It depends on what you want to spend. Big Lots has some good ones.

Twin beds are awesome and cheap. If it wasn't for my wife that's what I'd sleep on. I got a really nice one for my daughter for $150. Floor model, but never layed down, totally new.

I need a new mattress. I haven't bought one in a very long time and I have no idea what to get now. I just have a regular spring mattress and was wondering about memory foam or other types. Which do you recommend? Have tried and hated? Etc?

You can share my mattress.

Humans have spent the great majority of their evolutionary development sleeping not on mattresses, but on a variety of natural improvisations such as leaves (for comfort) and sticks (for support).

The answer to your problem Ween lies in your garden or local park, not in the pockets of the big mattress corporations. Since I made the switch to sleeping on leaves and sticks some years ago, I have enjoyed an uninterrupted, perfect sleep every night.

Humans have spent the great majority of their evolutionary development sleeping not on mattresses, but on a variety of natural improvisations such as leaves (for comfort) and sticks (for support).

The answer to your problem Ween lies in your garden or local park, not in the pockets of the big mattress corporations. Since I made the switch to sleeping on leaves and sticks some years ago, I have enjoyed an uninterrupted, perfect sleep every night.

YEAH! **** SERTA!!!! :monkey4

girl_laying_in_fall_leaves.jpg

humans are not meant to wear comfy shoes either, it actually affects your feet shape. people were meant to be barefoot. so no more shoes for uuuuuu

Back