New Mattress Opinions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had 3 surgeries for ingrown toe nails, multiple plantar wart operations...my feet have taken a beating lol. I know others have had worse though. I really like extra wide New Balance shoes myself.

Id say just go to the store and try a few out. See what appeals to you. Some people swear by memory foam or water beds, others despise them.

As for me, ive got a standard spring mattress that's a bit on the softer side with a cooling down mattress pad on top and jersey knit sheets. Feels like sinking into the cold spot on an old pillow all the time. During the winter I also tuck an electric blanket under the sheets since it can get down to -80 here.

I've had 3 surgeries for ingrown toe nails, multiple plantar wart operations...my feet have taken a beating lol. I know others have had worse though. I really like extra wide New Balance shoes myself.

Your ingrown toe nails is an example why shoes shouldn't have the narrow toe box. It's not good at all.

shoes...its mostly form over function.

i wear steel capped boots most days, my preferred footwear at night.

my boots vs. 2 hobos, 3 drunk d-bags...on 4 occasions.
my boots have a 100% win rate. lolz

Rosa_Klebb_by_Lotte_Lenya.jpg

frwlknife1.jpg

I've been wearing them for a few weeks, and it feels like they're starting to go flat. How often do you replace them?

it depends on how much use you give them and the kind of product. some of them come with a hard plastic bottom that lasts longer, but they hurt my feet.
those are supposed to last double (but cost the same) some of them are thicker than others.

Bit of an old thread, but cut your big toe nails "squarish" across the top, not "into" the edges of your toe, so you end up with a triangle of white on either side, if that makes sense. That will help.

As for mattresses, I have a high density latex mattress, with no springs. Best advice my mother ever made me follow (against my opinion). Mother's always know best, and even if they don't best to let them think they do, but in this case, she definitely knew best. Thanks mum!

Plus the good thing about no springs is you can make vigorous love on one side, and your partner can sleep undisturbed on the other side. :D

Yeah i can relate.

260eu8g.jpg

Cutting your big toenail like that, wow, bad.

Bit of an old thread, but cut your big toe nails "squarish" across the top, not "into" the edges of your toe, so you end up with a triangle of white on either side, if that makes sense. That will help.

As for mattresses, I have a high density latex mattress, with no springs. Best advice my mother ever made me follow (against my opinion). Mother's always know best, and even if they don't best to let them think they do, but in this case, she definitely knew best. Thanks mum!

Plus the good thing about no springs is you can make vigorous love on one side, and your partner can sleep undisturbed on the other side. :D

Cutting your big toenail like that, wow, bad.

Mine were growing in a u shape down into my skin, gradually getting worse until I was around 12. The first surgery they cut down the sides of the nail to the bone while I wasn't numb. It was one of the most painful things I've ever gone through. That was done by an idiot general family doctor. Then they grew back. The pediatrist did the surgery again on both big toes and they never grew back. Now I have skinny big toe nails, and yes I always cut them straight. I also leave my nails longer than in that pic for fear of them growing ingrown again.

I played football as a kid and when someone would step on my foot with cleats on it was so painful it would literally drop me to the ground in pain. :monkey4

Mine were growing in a u shape down into my skin, gradually getting worse until I was around 12. The first surgery they cut down the sides of the nail to the bone while I wasn't numb. It was one of the most painful things I've ever gone through. That was done by an idiot general family doctor. Then they grew back. The pediatrist did the surgery again on both big toes and they never grew back. Now I have skinny big toe nails, and yes I always cut them straight. I also leave my nails longer than in that pic for fear of them growing ingrown again.

I played football as a kid and when someone would step on my foot with cleats on it was so painful it would literally drop me to the ground in pain. :monkey4

jesus, did they suspect you were an al quaeda operative? pulling nails with pliers....geez

Back