New Mattress Opinions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Humans have spent the great majority of their evolutionary development sleeping not on mattresses, but on a variety of natural improvisations such as leaves (for comfort) and sticks (for support).

The answer to your problem Ween lies in your garden or local park, not in the pockets of the big mattress corporations. Since I made the switch to sleeping on leaves and sticks some years ago, I have enjoyed an uninterrupted, perfect sleep every night.

Great idea until you get kicked out of the local park when they find you butt naked in a pile of leaves.

humans are not meant to wear comfy shoes either, it actually affects your feet shape. people were meant to be barefoot. so no more shoes for uuuuuu

I have long ago eschewed the wearing of shoes, and for that very reason. The human foot is a most marvellous example of natural engineering, readily adaptable to almost every climatic and environmental condition, and whose functionality is only impaired by the wearing of such an inhibiting thing as a shoe. On occasion I will don a pair of Träskor or geta, but only for the purpose of social adornment.

Great idea until you get kicked out of the local park when they find you butt naked in a pile of leaves.

I never sleep entirely naked. I fashion pyjamas from the skins of naturally deceased local fauna.

I have long ago eschewed the wearing of shoes, and for that very reason. The human foot is a most marvellous example of natural engineering, readily adaptable to almost every climatic and environmental condition, and whose functionality is only impaired by the wearing of such an inhibiting thing as a shoe. On occasion I will don a pair of Träskor or geta, but only for the purpose of social adornment.

I never sleep entirely naked. I fashion pyjamas from the skins of naturally deceased local fauna.

do you wear sandals or just barefot

Strange for such a naturalist to be into collecting representations of fictitious characters who's main purpose is to entice you to purchase more material things you don't need...

do you wear sandals or just barefot

Barefoot my dear Blackbeast, always barefoot.

Strange for such a naturalist to be into collecting representations of fictitious characters who's main purpose is to entice you to purchase more material things you don't need...

Ah, now there's a tale. I was bequeathed an inheritance, conditional upon the maintenance and expansion of my grandfather's collection of various popular-culture artefacts - including articulated representational dolls. Whilst not caring especially for the inheritance per se, foregoing the fortune would have seen it bestowed instead entirely to my reprobate sisters, each of whom had promised to blow the whole lot on cosmetic surgical procedures. Every time I open a new package from Sideshow I feel a conflicted sense of odium and familial responsibility.

Barefoot my dear Blackbeast, always barefoot.

Ah, now there's a tale. I was bequeathed an inheritance, conditional upon the maintenance and expansion of my grandfather's collection of various popular-culture artefacts - including articulated representational dolls. Whilst not caring especially for the inheritance per se, foregoing the fortune would have seen it bestowed instead entirely to my reprobate sisters, each of whom had promised to blow the whole lot on cosmetic surgical procedures. Every time I open a new package from Sideshow I feel a conflicted sense of odium and familial responsibility.

I like your style Lejuan. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

humans are not meant to wear comfy shoes either, it actually affects your feet shape. people were meant to be barefoot. so no more shoes for uuuuuu

So true. After 10 years with knee and foot pain with expensive treatments, going over to barefoot shoes was the only thing that helped me and now im almost cured.

So true. After 10 years with knee and foot pain with expensive treatments, going over to barefoot shoes was the only thing that helped me and now im almost cured.

what was the problem in your feet?

what was the problem in your feet?

Plantar Fasciitis if you've heard of that. Injury on the Plantar fascia that causes intense pain under your heel and arch. My tendons were ****ed up. Shoes with alot of support and cushioning is what you're told you need to wear and probably true when you're in the worst stage of pain. But i didn't realize how terrible conventional shoes are for your feet until i tried barefoot shoes.
You know that nice feeling after a long hiking trip when your feet are sore and exhausted , and can't wait to take your shoes off? There's a reason for that.

i cant use boots or work shoes because my feet hurt, im stuck to wearing running sport tennis shoes all the time. for work we have to wear black boots but i use black tennis shoes but no one notices :lol

i cant use boots or work shoes because my feet hurt, im stuck to wearing running sport tennis shoes all the time. for work we have to wear black boots but i use black tennis shoes but no one notices :lol

Me too lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah i can relate.

260eu8g.jpg

Judging from my experience, this is the solution. I no longer need support or cushioning because you restore balance and strength in your feet when your toes can spread out and relax. Since i allready had foot pain, it took me 3-4 months to transition into such barefoot shoes and do long walks.
Heel elevation is going against how your foot is supposed to work, so are pointy toe boxes that squeezes your toes together.

that makes sense. i really cannot ever understand how can women use heels.

Yeah that too, but the majority of all shoes are higher in the heel than forefoot. Not only High Heels.

I put these on and they stay on all day. I've even been known to fall asleep on the couch in them (wake up with a DVT or two, but you cough those up after the first cigarette). My feet don't even smell. Is this genetic or something?

attachment.php

Back