Statue New LOTR Maquette Line Announced!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amon Hen Boromir FTW!

That's a tough call....an Amon Hen Boromir with sword and horn, but without his shield. Or a Mines of Moria Boromir with sword and shield. I do think a Moria base [if the Frodo, Legolas and GTG PF's are any indication] has more potential to be interesting than an Amon Hen base. I've gotta go with a Moria Boromir myself. :D

That's a tough call....an Amon Hen Boromir with sword and horn, but without his shield. Or a Mines of Moria Boromir with sword and shield. I do think a Moria base [if the Frodo, Legolas and GTG PF's are any indication] has more potential to be interesting than an Amon Hen base. I've gotta go with a Moria Boromir myself. :D

I know it wouldn't be scene correct but I think Boromir with an Amon Hen base and interchangeable hands with horn, sword, and shield.

That might too closely resemble the LSB. I'd prefer this one :

fotr1522.jpg

I would rather see him laid out in his funeral boat with Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas standing along side than have Lurtz standing over him in triumph. To each his own though.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :mad:

Bit off topic, but I visted a LOTR exhibit at the science museum in Boston a few years ago and they had the body of Boromir in the white boat on display. It was 1:1 and everything, very, very impressive stuff. No pictures unfortunetly, but they also had a 1:1 of Sauron (yes, Sauron) which was AMAZING.

Bit off topic, but I visted a LOTR exhibit at the science museum in Boston a few years ago and they had the body of Boromir in the white boat on display. It was 1:1 and everything, very, very impressive stuff. No pictures unfortunetly, but they also had a 1:1 of Sauron (yes, Sauron) which was AMAZING.

Something like this :

8529-1.jpg

Haha yeah woodsy that's exactly what I saw. Although I don't remember glass around it then. Hmm.
Did you see it at the Boston science museum too, or did you see it elsewhere on the tour?

I was at the Boston exhibit also, there was no glass around the Boromir, in fact some kids on a field trip thought it was an actor who was gonna pop up and scare them. The Sauron also wasn't a 1:1 replica, it was the actual Sauron armor posed on a metal display in a badass pointing pose. Other highlights included Theoden's armor and the Orthanc bigature, which due to the lighting you unfortunately couldn't see very well.

Oh wow I didn't realize it was the actual armor. I didn't have a camera back then, so I went around sketching the really cool things I saw lol. Orthnac was very very cool and it was nice to see the details in the clothing and stitching in the outfits.
Actually, my favorite thing was Arwen's sword Hadhafang, because you see it so little in the film, and it's actually a really cool sword. The scabbard was very intricate and had some real nice designs.

Will this be the line that Sideshow release the 'oversize' figures in (possibly rider and steed types) as hinted at in a Q+A session? Or will that be in the PF line? Space wise, I hope it is in this scale and I finally get a Troll :banana

I know it wouldn't be scene correct but I think Boromir with an Amon Hen base and interchangeable hands with horn, sword, and shield.

Well, I hate to mix things up even further but Boromir as he arrived at the Council of Elrond would be just as impressive. Sword, horn, shield and bearskin cloak. Whichever they choose though, I hope we get it this year.

Well, I hate to mix things up even further but Boromir as he arrived at the Council of Elrond would be just as impressive. Sword, horn, shield and bearskin cloak. Whichever they choose though, I hope we get it this year.

I would love to see this version of Boromir in the PF line. The cloak could be an amazing part of the figure, and one that was sorely lacking from the 1:6 action figure that was released!

Haha yeah woodsy that's exactly what I saw. Although I don't remember glass around it then. Hmm.
Did you see it at the Boston science museum too, or did you see it elsewhere on the tour?

Unfortunately, I didn't see it anywhere...I think I found this photo during a Goggle search quite awhile ago.

Will this be the line that Sideshow release the 'oversize' figures in (possibly rider and steed types) as hinted at in a Q+A session? Or will that be in the PF line? Space wise, I hope it is in this scale and I finally get a Troll :banana

Not likely Dave. That Q&A was in direct reference to the PF line. If those small, circular, pedestal bases are the standard they won't suit horse and riders statues...though a CT would certainly be doable. You may have to settle for a 1/9 scale CT dio., sounds like that's what SS has in mind first.

I would love to see this version of Boromir in the PF line. The cloak could be an amazing part of the figure, and one that was sorely lacking from the 1:6 action figure that was released!

It is however, extremely doubtful SS will release a Boromir PF in a non-action pose. I would be shocked if we don't get a Boromir with sword drawn. :google

Unfortunately, I didn't see it anywhere...I think I found this photo during a Goggle search quite awhile ago.

Not likely Dave. That Q&A was in direct reference to the PF line. If those small, circular, pedestal bases are the standard they won't suit horse and riders statues...though a CT would certainly be doable. You may have to settle for a 1/9 scale CT dio., sounds like that's what SS has in mind first.

I don't think I would be totally happy with a CT in that scale and would still hope for a 1/6 (which as you say is doable) or a bank as well as postmans scrotum busting PF!:naughty

I'd have to go with Moria Boromir over Amon Hen Boromir as well. His great shield is as essential to him as the Horn of Gondor.

Having said that I'd prefer Moria Boromir, if done correctly and using the right material, the black bearskin cloak on a Council Boromir would be exceptional.

I'd have to go with Moria Boromir over Amon Hen Boromir as well. His great shield is as essential to him as the Horn of Gondor.

Having said that I'd prefer Moria Boromir, if done correctly and using the right material, the black bearskin cloak on a Council Boromir would be exceptional.

If I recall correctly Boromir was cloakless in Moria.

You recall correctly.

Perhaps I phrased my statement in a confusing manner. I was stating though I'd prefer a Moria Boromir over a Amon Hen Boromir because of his great shield, should SS decide to go with a council Boromir, his black bearskin cloak would be a great component to showcase Sideshow's use of mixed media in their PF line.

Last edited:
Back