Statue New LOTR Maquette Line Announced!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
those prices were from 6+ years ago. i'm sure these won't be less than $200. then everybody will whine and the line will die after about 3 releases.

:lol:lol:lol The same thought had crossed my mind.

By the way, that Osgiliath Boromir does look fantastic. That was the one that caught my eye immediately.

Again with the 'talking the price up' lines! :lol

Why give SS (or any company) an indication of how much you will pay to buy something? Just let them announce the first figure and their asking price and then let the debates start from there. I'm personaly hoping the price point will be reasonable and based on (assumed) improved technology for making these type of figures as opposed to basing them on inflation of what similar figures used to cost.

It sounds like SS want to make a go of this line for the collectors, fans and themselves, so a good price will be crucial to it's success and my collecting them as the concepts and ideas behind them sound very exciting.

p.s The Adam Hughes line contains a lot more plastic.....

or is that silicon? :D

I'm with you on this one Dave though I suspect as The Ween has already pointed out it's a pretty safe bet SS already has a set price point in mind.

Whatever the price's are [I'm sure they will vary somewhat from piece to piece based on size, complexity, etc...] it's pretty safe to assume they will start at more than the standard $125 of the SSW pieces from 5 years ago. Even if the cost's of labour, material, and shipping were the same as they were 5 years ago you still have to account for the increased costs associated with the bases which The Josh has already alluded to. Those generic SSW bases, no doubt, were produced by the ten's of thousands and the production cost's would have been minimal at best. The SS bases however, will have much smaller production runs [which = higher costs] and each one being comprised of distinctly different environments will cost much more to sculpt, produce, and paint, than their SSW counterparts.

If they're a decent price, with a good ES and good poses, i.e. not as 'super hero' or animated as the GTG piece looks, then this line will be a BIG success. I'm still sticking to my statement that they'll have to be great for me to get any, especially as i won't be buying from SS direct anymore incase i get massive shipping fees and tax etc, but i would like to get some that Weta didn't get around to. I'd love Eomer on steed but didn't i read that they're just gonna be single characters on a base?

No you heard it on the video.....:monkey3 But yes, the phase "single character" was used more than once.

I wonder when the first one will be up for pre-order :huh :dunno

Anyone's guess at the moment, here's hoping there's some news coming out of Fantacular next week. :D

I'm sitting here watching ROTK and I just saw a perfect candidate for a maquette - a troll drummer (the scene where Mordor's minions are marching toward Minas Tirith)! Absolutely great at this scale (a PF would be huge!).

There's also a Minas Morgul orc at approx. 58:52 of the extended edition (the "Demon Eyes" orc) that would be awesome.

I'm sitting here watching ROTK and I just saw a perfect candidate for a maquette - a troll drummer (the scene where Mordor's minions are marching toward Minas Tirith)! Absolutely great at this scale (a PF would be huge!).

There's also a Minas Morgul orc at approx. 58:52 of the extended edition (the "Demon Eyes" orc) that would be awesome.

See now we're talking, something fringe like that; I think SS might be surprised just how well it would sell.

As far as I'm concerned you can't have too many trolls, orcs, uruks, etc....but I don't want to see any obscure bad guys until SS addresses the issue of some of the main characters [Eomer, Faramir, Denethor] that have been ignored for far too long. :(

020805rotktroll_03.jpg

Cave_troll.jpg

guard-citadel.jpg

faramir.jpg

denethor.jpg

Eomer2dff626.jpg

gorbag.jpg

gothmog.jpg

rosie2.jpg

harad-commander.jpg

Except Rosie Cotton. He's joking Sideshow. :D

I do have one other hope for this line, that if this is a big line and continues all the way to The Hobbit release, and if SS produce 1/6 'maquettes' from that too, then I hope the bases are uniform so the characters will blend from both The Hobbit and LOTR.

Except Rosie Cotton. He's joking Sideshow. :D

I do have one other hope for this line, that if this is a big line and continues all the way to The Hobbit release, and if SS produce 1/6 'maquettes' from that too, then I hope the bases are uniform so the characters will blend from both The Hobbit and LOTR.

I hope he was kidding........:eek:

I love all of the characters and suggestions that have been floating around for this line. It is definitely making my wife nervous, as she knows that I can be a completist when it comes to collecting!!

Back