Statue New LOTR Maquette Line Announced!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are 1/6 scale maquettes. Looks like Arwen [wearing my favourite green dress when 1st introduced in the movie] and Aragorn as Strider [ the likeness looks stunning!] are the 1st two. Followed by Legolas, GTG, Gimli, and a Gondorian Boromir [at Osgiliath] holding the flag of Gondor! :drool

Last edited:
Wow! I never thought (even though its technically not weta) this line would come back.

Looks like some of the in progress pics look very good. Can't wait to see how the first release turns out. In the meantime can we PLZ get a new PF announcement :stick

Just finished the video, very impressed so far. And I like that the line will be 'expansive'. :D

Some good poses, and the bases look cool too. :rock

Although i'm not sure about the guy at the beginning when he says: "We are really excited with being able to go in and create our ultimate versions of these characters". Okay, so what are the PF's?? :lol

Last edited:
Yay, another opportunity to have an incomplete Fellowship! :duh :lol

There is a lot I like about the concept of this line, some stuff that I don't. Never before seen versions of these characters that aren't scene specific could come out very iconic or odd and forced. Aragorn looks great for example but I'm not sold on that "ultimate" Gandalf. It's going to take a lot for me to start in earnest on a new line after being snake bitten in the past with SS & LotR.

Sweet Lamb O Jaysus with mint sauce, taters and nice crispy bacon!!:lol

NOOOOOOO!! I have no more money and no room left for this stuff!!

But BRING IT ON nonetheless!! :lol

Although it is a good idea, I can see some of the characters that we have been waiting to get in a Premium Format verson like Gimli, Boromir and Arwen.

And I was not impressed with Gandalf's and Legolas poses.

Maquettes might be a little smaller too, maybe 1/5 instead 1/4, but most of them look really nice.

I guess we'll have to wait and see the final product....

Although it is a good idea, I can see some of the characters that we have been waiting to get in a Premium Format verson like Gimli, Boromir and Arwen.

And I was not impressed with Gandalf's and Legolas poses.

Maquettes might be a little smaller too, maybe 1/5 instead 1/4, but most of them look really nice.

I guess we'll have to wait and see the final product....

According to the video they're 1/6 scale (12").

According to the video they're 1/6 scale (12").

Which is what weta was. So, they could finsih up the statues that were never completed and everyone will be happy. Except for those that sold them all off.... :lol

I don't know how well these will appeal to newer collectors, but to those of us with sizable SSW collections it is going to be HUGE. I wonder what the price point will be? Hopefully it will be under $200 (especially seeing how the original SSW statues were priced at $125 :lol).

Oh, and I, for one, love the Gandalf pose.:joy

Which is what weta was. So, they could finsih up the statues that were never completed and everyone will be happy. Except for those that sold them all off.... :lol

Look like they'll be doing alot more than just completing the original line. I for one am very happy I sold off most of my SSW 1/6 scale good guy statues, esp. after seeing SS's new Aragorn maquette. :drool

Back