New Jango and New Boba figs! Medicom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have either figure, I will be watching with interest. I would like to get a Boba Fett whether it be SS or Medi doesn't really matter.

What has gone down hill quality wise latley with SS?? If anything the last
several releases have improved on quality.

Medicom is doing wih Boba and Jango what Habro does all the time whic is , reissuing a figure with some retooling some new paint or softgoods and a few new parts and for close to $200.00 . These are essentially the same figures they came out with a few years ago, especially Jango with a differnet colred jumpsuit and new jetpack and thats it!

In their 12" line Hasbro really didn't do any re releases that were just minor retooling or added accesories, except ma bee the 100th figure farm boy Luke with a zillion accessories and multiple costumes, but even that was on a much better figure body than the first version.

There are a couple of figures that one could say are minor retooling I suppose, like the Wedge and Biggs pilot 2 pack but that was a very limited FAO Schwarz exclusive if I remember right. The re released of the Storm Troopers and Boba Fett they did for the VOT Collection were completely new all around, not just minor retooling. I am not saying that either versions were perfect because like the rest of us I am not blind. :lol. Though there ultimate Jango and VOTC Boba, are comparable to Marmits Boba as far as how they were designed.

Also Hasbro released their Ultimate Jango with both back packs. I should add that I don't really count their molded plastic version of him or the other molded ones they did for Episode 1-2 as a part of their regular 12" line.

Let's be honest the ultimate jango is a damn fine figure and id build with the better quality of sideshow or medicom would have surpassed them both

Although think I'm gonna have to get that Rotj boba

The Jango head sculpt on the Ultimate Jango was pretty dam awesome to, which is why I think its the most common to recast.

I'm so tempted to get these. I need a good 1/6 Boba but I think I'll wait till SDCC to see if SS announces any word on the release of their Boba or not.

LOL...I am about to let my Fetts go on Ebay. If these had been released sooner...I might have bought them...

I am glad they waited.

Never order Medicom figs through SS. (think someone already mentioned they got boba for 150 shipped somewhere)

The ROTJ fett is very tempting as I have the ESB version & Jango, but having said that I know how annoying it is knowing they just don't fit with the rest of my SW 1:6. I'll wait at least for a price drop & maybe to see what SSC will have to offer.... this Jango release is just Lame though first version should of had the pack, and theres no way I'm shelling out that much for such a minor change. PS shouldn't Jango have a broken Helmet antenna & dent (sorry if it's been mentioned haven't read the whole thread)

Thats a great deal PRE ORDERED Boba! And BBTS is kinda high. If SS has these up for 180$ then i will laugh. As they were they ones hiking up the price. Probably just Medicom going lower since it's kinda a re-release.

Medicom's first Boba rocked! And since these will be on the better made RAH body's, it's gonna be that much better.
bobarotjw.jpg

Last edited:
I have both Medi Fetts and they are awesome.

Even when I get Sideshows versions I'll keep my Medi's on display. Not sure if I can justify getting the ROTJ version though as much as I'd like it.

Back