New Jango and New Boba figs! Medicom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said in the other thread, looking at the pics, his flight suit also appears to be a more "purply" color as well. But it doesn't matter, Arena jetpack = I'm sold, so it's as good as ought for me. And I'll probably end up getting Boba sometime down the road too if I ever come across a good deal. I'll worry about SS's version, whenever that day gets here

If you think he looks crapola..you are nuts.. I have the ESB one and its excellent. I am not a huge medicom fan..but you cant deny their attention to detail..I would venture to guess that sideshow wouldnt even have the flamethrower tubes on theirs...the detail has and quality has gone way down hill lately..almost as fast as their prices have risen

True. You can't fault Medis attention to detail, what with ESB Boba's massive helmet.

For the near $200 that will surely ask and its hideous size issues... it's pretty crapola.

Preeeecisely.

They look great to me, but two definite factors will prohibit me from buying either. Medicom 1/6 is smaller that Sideshow/HT 1/6, and these will likely be in the $180+ price range compared to Sideshow's which will likely be somewhere around $125 based on the price of Cpt. Rex.

Wow. the chest armor on Boba actually looks like the ESB color. Wish mine looked like that.

What's the likelihood that these can be altered?

Are they different enough from the original Medi versions that they might be customized into something that would fit into the SSC scale better?

Medi's first Boba is outstanding, and with the new improved body's these will be great. i hope the 150$ price point is true.

As much as i hate Medi's prices as of late. I still think they do a better job overall than SS when it comes to tailoring and detail. (plus no loose joints, and tight fitting armor) I will get this Boba if this price is right if not it will be SS.

The Boba looks great, but I already have the awesome ESB one, so I'm not sure I can really justify the expenditure. Especially when I have the droids to buy.

You Sideshow Freaks really need to stop hating though. I can almost read the script for these threads before I click on them - "Easy pass, he'll be too small LOL!", "Waaaay too expensive, I'll wait for Sideshow's one which will be much better", etc. It's embarrassingly predictable.

Sideshow make great figures.

Medicom also make some great figures in a different scale.

The end!

i agree that medi may not be in scale with SS figs BUT if you take the measurements and multiply it by 6, you'll find that medi figs are the right height and SS figs might be a tad on the larger side.

this however has been rectified with the pro body which is actually now just barely taller than the medicom ones.

No they don't, that's just silly. They do seem to have a more Japanese take on the build of the characters, but they're still obviously adult in proportion.

The Medicom bodies also hang in a really natural way which makes posing them a joy. Apparently the 301 body is a bit susceptible to breaking, but I've not had any experience with that.

I am tempted to try upgrading my Stormtrooper to a TT Slim body though, as some of the photos I've seen on here have been awesome.

The Boba looks great, but I already have the awesome ESB one, so I'm not sure I can really justify the expenditure. Especially when I have the droids to buy.

You Sideshow Freaks really need to stop hating though. I can almost read the script for these threads before I click on them - "Easy pass, he'll be too small LOL!", "Waaaay too expensive, I'll wait for Sideshow's one which will be much better", etc. It's embarrassingly predictable.

Sideshow make great figures.

Medicom also make some great figures in a different scale.

The end!
:goodpost:

Yeah! Im so psyched about this :yess: I always liked that jet pack best on Jango and it looks like he has some weathering on his costume. I hope Boba has a removable helmet. Still want them to make Obi and Mace

looks really nice and i love my jango and boba - would be nice to have the option of ss thou- but this line is now like 5 or 6 years old? - sh@t or get off the pot sideshow!!!

Back