NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HT- MMS 72- PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

hmm...not a huge deal to me since i just want Predator. i was gonna wait to order Dutch and Billy anyways.
~~and yes, i'd probably buy a Hardigan as well.

I kinda doubt that Arnie's likeness rights are included with the Terminator license, otherwise we would've already seen a Terminator Arnie figure from HT.

I kinda doubt that Arnie's likeness rights are included with the Terminator license, otherwise we would've already seen a Terminator Arnie figure from HT.

True, but each film has different contracts with actors. When Terminator was made, like Predator, there was probably little thought regarding toys/collectibles. T2 had a slew of figures and used Arnie's face everywhere, I'm sure by 1992, they were wise to merchandising and accounted for it. We could probably get T2 and T3 Terminators with Arnie's face, but never T1, or at least not without going through his people too.

Well, I think it was Darklord Dave that commented when I put out a question about the company holding rights to Arnie's likeness. Apparently some licenses carry the rights to likeness with the film and T2 covered that, so only Carolco or whoever owns the rights to T2 has to sign off, which is probably why we never heard of Arnie's rights company before, but with Predator, it wasn't covered in FOX's rights so they have to get FOX's rights for Dutch and Arnie's company rights for his portrait. The result being, Billy and Predator can be shown but Dutch is a fiasco. I really think we'll never see another Arnie figure from HT unless rights to his portrait come with the property license, if they have to deal with his people again they'll probably just say ^^^^ it, this ain't worth it.

If it is true and I stress IF its true that Arnold's company (Company or not IT IS Arnolds say) is behind all this ^^^^ then we will never see anything in 1/6 scale of him.

And I was always told Stallone was the ^^^^^^^ in real life! :rolleyes:

If it is true and I stress IF its true that Arnold's company (Company or not IT IS Arnolds say) is behind all this ^^^^ then we will never see anything in 1/6 scale of him.

And I was always told Stallone was the ^^^^^^^ in real life! :rolleyes:

With the politics and all, who knows how involved Arnie is, could just be his company is full of people that really mess with things where he might give an ok or whatever, they want their money from him and get more retentive and stuff, who knows. It's like Lucasfilm being full of people who may go beyond what Lucas himself might do or say at times with products, the price you pay when you hire people to speak on your behalf sometimes, they're not as nice as you but you're too busy to deal with things so you keep them on your staff.

With the politics and all, who knows how involved Arnie is, could just be his company is full of people that really mess with things where he might give an ok or whatever, they want their money from him and get more retentive and stuff, who knows. It's like Lucasfilm being full of people who may go beyond what Lucas himself might do or say at times with products, the price you pay when you hire people to speak on your behalf sometimes, they're not as nice as you but you're too busy to deal with things so you keep them on your staff.

I suppose. Still this is both frustrating and laughable. We'll see I guess.

I suppose. Still this is both frustrating and laughable. We'll see I guess.

Indeed, because to me, it ammounts to either HT not conducting themselves properly or Arnie's people being retentive. HT made a point to have a newsletter highlight the fact they gave us and Arnie portrait, so either they did that without getting the full green light from licensees, or the licensees gave them the green light and are now making a stink about something else. Either way, someone looks bad in light of all this.

Certainly makes me appreciate how many figures and licenses we do get to have likeness at least attempted with, even if the sculpts are off a bit because of skill and not legals.

HOT TOYS JUST MAKE MUDDY DUTCH THEN!!!!!!!! WITH ENOUGH MUD ON THE FACE LIKENESS RIGHTS WON't BE AN ISSUE

Is that so hard to think of, sheesh.

Damn, I was wondering why Toys2 listed Dutch as out of stock and took away the images :'(.

Damn, I was wondering why Toys2 listed Dutch as out of stock and took away the images :'(.

That's interesting, probably Toys2 saving dealing with people ^^^^^ing about placing orders. If for some reason the outcome of whatever's going on is a different looking figure, they'll likely see requests for cancellations and people arguing over the situation to not have the 10% cancellation fee held. if they stop taking orders until the matter's resolved, they can save some hastle.

My email to HT:

Here is a great tip to get rid of the likeness rights issue regarding Major Dutch, Schwarzenegger:

Make the version where he is covered with mud, with enough muddy paint on the face the likeness doesn't have to be that great:

MAJOR ALAN DUTCH SCHAEFER, END BATTLE VERSION.

comes with:
spear
bow and arrows
knife
etc..

This figure would even sell better!

My email to HT:

Here is a great tip to get rid of the likeness rights issue regarding Major Dutch, Schwarzenegger:

Make the version where he is covered with mud, with enough muddy paint on the face the likeness doesn't have to be that great:

MAJOR ALAN DUTCH SCHAEFER, END BATTLE VERSION.

comes with:
spear
bow and arrows
knife
etc..

This figure would even sell better!

It would be a nice second figure in the line to go with the first,but as the only version it wont sell very good.

HT knows how to deal with not having likeness rights, I imagine this problem may go beyond just camo painting him or something to cover it, it may be his likeness with full rights or not at all. They know people want an Arnie face, so they'll fight to offer it. They're not going to take a lone email suggesting how they do business seriously.

It would be a nice second figure in the line to go with the first,but as the only version it wont sell very good.

Nope, if it were the only version I wouldn't get it, not the iconic Dutch look for me. I want him like the movie poster art, no shirt, black vest on, machine gun in hand as he creeps out to look into the forest and draw the predator out with "cheese".

I think Toys2 taking it down is a VERY bad sign, goodbye to Dutch. IMO its over.

Predator is all I really wanted anyway.

I think Toys2 taking it down is a VERY bad sign, goodbye to Dutch. IMO its over.

BBTS still has him up. I don't think it's game over, don't see it that way. Like I said, I think it's just to avoid new orders coming in, to be fair to customers, letting more orders come once offical approved images of the product are able to be posted. Plus, Toys2 is like Sideshow to Hot Toys as far as distribution, so they probably have to play PC games more than people like BBTS.

I'd say we won't be seeing these up for order from Sideshow this week, or if we do, just Billy and Predator.

I think i rather have the muddy version than the normal version.

Back