New HT Marcus head sculpt revealed.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regardless, it surely isn't "miles" better. The original was great already.
That's nonsense. The original is a great headsculpt for what it was. But was a little far off from resembling Sam worthington, or Marcus. So therefore wasn't a great Marcus sculpt.

This new one completely nails it. Brilliant IMO. One of the best HT likenesses yet.

someone could point out the difference and the changes that they have made? looks pretty similar to me.

By the looks of it, and I'm not saying that it is true or anything, but just as I am seeing it, I would say:

-Chin is a bit rounder
-Jawline is a bit rounder
-Nose is a bit wider
-Eyecolor seems a bit different (could be lighting though)
-Eyes could be a bit further apart, not sure if they are but comparing to the
other side shot, from the other side, this could very well be the case.

Edit: And the cheeks seem a bit more convex (Is that the right term :confused:) A bit more rounder and fuller

sam worthington's got a rather full face... while they've beefed up the sculpt slightly, it still looks narrow from this angle. and they definitely still need to give him a higher forehead

I agree, I think the only thing I would change is to maybe move the hair line a bit higher. Other than that I think its a great improvement.

**********PHOTO MANIPULATION**********
watermark.php

Looks better than the original to me. From this angle. Could still look like crap from a straight forward view. So I'll wait to see more pics before deciding. :D

I would assume the tweaked the original sculpt rather than start over from scratch... but could be wrong. To me it does look like the softened some of the features to make it more accurate to the actor.

That's nonsense. The original is a great headsculpt for what it was. But was a little far off from resembling Sam worthington, or Marcus. So therefore wasn't a great Marcus sculpt.

This new one completely nails it. Brilliant IMO. One of the best HT likenesses yet.

"That's nonsense...original is great...therefore wasn't great. :duh Well now I'm convinced.

By the looks of it, and I'm not saying that it is true or anything, but just as I am seeing it, I would say:

-Chin is a bit rounder
-Jawline is a bit rounder
-Nose is a bit wider
-Eyecolor seems a bit different (could be lighting though)
-Eyes could be a bit further apart, not sure if they are but comparing to the
other side shot, from the other side, this could very well be the case.

Edit: And the cheeks seem a bit more convex (Is that the right term :confused:) A bit more rounder and fuller

I still say it's lighting and repaint, and some are just seeing what they want to see because they're minds are already set to see it.

**********PHOTO MANIPULATION**********
watermark.php

Looks better than the original to me. From this angle. Could still look like crap from a straight forward view. So I'll wait to see more pics before deciding. :D

I think his mouth is too wide now :( damn I wish we could all three sculpts :monkey2

With differences so subtle, it's not like one would have sucked and the other is the Holy Grail by comparison.

I don't even care that much about this character and will likely use the damaged face anyway, so bye bye to this thread for me until the figure comes out. TTFN

:lol This thread is funny!!! It looks spot on now and vastly improved over the previous one. Some of you just WANT to complain, regardless of what it is.

Good job Hot Toys!!! This looks brilliant.

"That's nonsense...original is great...therefore wasn't great. :duh Well now I'm convinced.
What i'm saying is, the original is a great sculpt, in terms of quality. It'd be good on a plain true type. But it looked ^^^^ing jack-^^^^ like Marcus.

The new one does look like him, however. Can't see how anyone would prefer the old sculpt in terms of likeness to Marcus

Well I agree that the original sculpt looked absolutely nothing like Sam Worthington. But it was a really really good looking sculpt.

I don't think they need to change the battle damage head tho

I know Worthington's face from memory with stills,interviews and the film itself...his face has been reworked to make the eyes further apart,less of a pointed chin,softer cheeks,more of an obvious curve with his eyelids.

Back