New HT Marcus head sculpt revealed.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don´t like it, looks a little strange and the head is a little bigger than the other.

Well until HT releases official shots of this new head sculpt on a body we really won't know how big/small the sculpt is compared to the original. My photo manipulations + other peoples are pure guesses. They're not accurate. So we'll have to wait and see. I still think it actually LOOKS like Sam Worthington/Marcus Wright now. I didn't think the original did at all.

The problem is the lower lip is throwing everything off. The noes is wrong also.

samhtsculptlines.jpg

Original
samhtsculpt.png

Heavily modified shop
samhtsculptfaceshop.jpg

I trimmed the mouth, noes and adjusted the color levels

I see the points made about the nose and lower lips too, but it doesn't bother me that much. The sculpt is great and you can really tell it's Sam Worthington.

I think the differences are related to the expression Hot Toys tried to create.

I mean, this is different than the expression on the reallife picture where he's more relaxed.
The headsculpt has more of an active look, as if he is ready to face an enemy, or a look that's searching for meaning behind the post Judgment-Day world.
So it would seem natural that a person would have his nostrills a bit widened or is lips not as pressed together.

Just my opinion though :)

straight on view definitely makes it worth it to me, actually looks like worthington now. even though its a bit 'off' still, ill put my money down for it.

The new one is not perfect, but i'll take it over the original without a doubt.

Interesting that some people think the old one is better. I think any problem with the new one is down to it not being a precise replication of the more gentle facial expression seen in the pics of Worthington in this thread. Compare it to the more stern faces he had in the film. The initial headsculpt was definitely stern but it was some other guy being stern. The new headsculpt is Worthington being stern. Even if its not absolutely uncanny, I think theres more of a resemblance now for sure.

^^Agreed there, a-dev. I'm baffled as to why people think the older version is better! Better for me is having a better likeness of the person in question.

Which this new sculpt does

Man get this crap out of here..nostrils move man..and lips!

tmnts-sam-worthington.jpg

Nose too big now? :lol

Last edited:
I see the points made about the nose and lower lips too, but it doesn't bother me that much. The sculpt is great and you can really tell it's Sam Worthington.

I think the differences are related to the expression Hot Toys tried to create.

:lecture I can see the difference with the nose but overall a solid representation based on a certain shot from the film.

I love it

Back