New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found the Ghostbusters II 12" Ray and Egon figures at my local Big Lots this week...Has anyone seen the 12" Winston and Peter figures too? The price is right ($30) but can't see the point if I can't get all four.

If I had paid $120 for these figures I would have felt ripped off.

I have yet to hear anyone say they found the Peter/Winston 2-pack in person. It's still in the $100+ range on Ebay so that would lead me to believe if any are out there they're scarce.

I found the Ghostbusters II 12" Ray and Egon figures at my local Big Lots this week...Has anyone seen the 12" Winston and Peter figures too? The price is right ($30) but can't see the point if I can't get all four.

Holy crap I'm gonna have to check my Big Lots too.

I have yet to hear anyone say they found the Peter/Winston 2-pack in person. It's still in the $100+ range on Ebay so that would lead me to believe if any are out there they're scarce.

Yeah, once the Ray/Egon pack hit BL, eBay became flooded with d-bags selling them at triple what they paid at BL.

Yeah, once the Ray/Egon pack hit BL, eBay became flooded with d-bags selling them at triple what they paid at BL.

And they're not selling for more than retail. I picked up an extra either hoping to sell it and pay for the Peter/Winston or trade straight up, no luck on either fronts so I'm just going give it to a friend.

I paid $90 for the 2pack. I do feel it's worth that price. The Proton Pack has lights on the back and the spot light on the Slime pack does light up. And the extra accessories are fun if you plan on doing some dioramas. Ray/Peter pack comes with a toaster, safety helmet, radio, etc.
And I think the 2packs are the only time they released a proton stream that fits on the wand (the stream glows in the dark too)

Gotta say,while the 66' Batmobile is a cool detailed looking vehicle,it is also made cheaply hollow,using gummy rubber parts,plastic wheels,door's do not open...for $50....which to the many complaints,it does not feel like a $50-60 "adult collectible" toy.(I own this,it's cool but it does have a cheapness about it)

I can only see Mattel being CHEAP with the Ecto-1,calling it an adult collectible,then making the thing Hollow and Cheap plastic, while charging the ridiculous price a $215 plus the inflated shipping price.

The figures are about the quality you would expect for a 4-5 year old who's going to play with them, put them in their mouth, in the pool. Adult collectibles? :lol Gimme a ****ing break.

Buncha condescending pricks to need to ask their customers if we make this will you promise to buy it? You're ****ing Mattel, not some poor starving one off artist. That video is such a sadly desperate stupid thing, he even calls it the ECTO 2. Maybe if you really cared you'd get that up more than 48 hours before the deadline when you realise no one wants to play ball with your dumb idea.

I have no problem with the GB figures... if you expected HT quality or even NECA quality from Mattel, well... what can I say... :dunno

Unfortunately I don't see this happening... :monkey2
Bummer since Ecto-1 and Ecto-1A are my favorite movie vehicles...

BTW I got both the Hot Wheels 1:18 Ecto-1 and Ecto-1A for about $120.00 each.

I do not... I got Ecto-1 almost a year ago, and Ecto-1A earlier this year... I mentioned that because Scott said these were $180.00 a pop, which is wrong... I wasn't bragging about having a lot of money... :slap

Well, he is not wrong about the price. Both Ecto 1 and Ecto 1a are around $170-180 now, maybe a year ago they were cheaper. I'm thinking about buying the HOT WHEELS 1/18 HERITAGE Ecto. Do you know what the difference between the heritage and the elite cars are..if any? I know the heritage 89 batmobile and the elite version are the same, but the heritage ecto 1 is only $70 and it's diecast just like the elite.

$215 for the 6'inch line ecto 1 is a good deal, when the little hot wheels ecto 1 with no sounds or lights costs $180+ shipping and handling.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHCXJDla7LE

I find it hard to agree with you too. When you think about it a 6" scale vehicle is priced for $215. The figures are sold separately as in you need to get these new figures because the previous released versions are not compatible. Are the designers at Mattel really that dumb to not think ahead of possible vehicles? The Matty Ghost Busters line has just been a joke. We get all 4 GB members with identical bodies, same heights, same build. This is not screen accurate.
The Ecto-1 itself is just overpriced. I am tired of the small numbers being made BS because if that's true then double the production and cut the price in half. Problem solved. Companies do what they can to cut corners but still find a way to make their products to hold their brand standards. Make a 6" scale Ecto-1 but cut those sound effects. We don't need engine sounds, I could even live without the siren sounds if those SFX cost a $100. We need to lights and the open doors and trunk. I don't see how an Ecto-1 would cost more than $115. I think Mattel should throw in those packless GB figures for free as a pre-order bonus. That's why people pre-order, not because they are being threatened every year.

Actually, I would argue that instead of Matty's car being a good deal, the little Hot Wheels Ecto is an incredibly bad deal.

Yes, that's true, but the point is that most "collectibles"/ toys are expensive nowadays...so given the bad choices out there, this one seems like the "best" option.

I find it hard to agree with you too. When you think about it a 6" scale vehicle is priced for $215. The figures are sold separately as in you need to get these new figures because the previous released versions are not compatible. Are the designers at Mattel really that dumb to not think ahead of possible vehicles? The Matty Ghost Busters line has just been a joke. We get all 4 GB members with identical bodies, same heights, same build. This is not screen accurate.
The Ecto-1 itself is just overpriced. I am tired of the small numbers being made BS because if that's true then double the production and cut the price in half. Problem solved. Companies do what they can to cut corners but still find a way to make their products to hold their brand standards. Make a 6" scale Ecto-1 but cut those sound effects. We don't need engine sounds, I could even live without the siren sounds if those SFX cost a $100. We need to lights and the open doors and trunk. I don't see how an Ecto-1 would cost more than $115. I think Mattel should throw in those packless GB figures for free as a pre-order bonus. That's why people pre-order, not because they are being threatened every year.

Yeah, I don't need the sounds and light either. Still, even without those features, the ecto 1 will be pretty expensive, just look at the 66 batmobile's $50 price tag and the lack of quality. There is one thing about the Matty collector video that got my attention, and that's the fact that "Toy Guru" said, "August 19 is the last chance to get the ecto 1 made this year/ (2014)." Does that mean they will try again next year? I just hope some other company gets the GB rights and we can get the Ecto 1 without any of the small numbers BS you mention. Also, I think the reason why people aren't PO the ecto 1, is the negative reviews of the Voltron figures line and the BTTF prop

Back