New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have most of the Mattel GB figures, except the stay puft marshmallow, I know Mattel ad some QC issues, but is it worth buying? I saw that Diamond Select is making a 24 inch Stay Puft, but I'm not sure when it will be available.

I would avoid Matty's Stay Puft at all costs. It not only started to yellow within three months regardless of if you opened it or not, but it damages EXTREMELY easily. Matty literally included a little note inside the package that basically warns you not to touch it. Because it makes total sense to give a toy a gimmick of being squishy and then tell people not to actually touch it. I immediately sent mine back when they offered refunds and have no regrets about it. The Diamond Select version will actually last since it'll be plastic.

I have the Marshmallow guy, the fixed pose one comes glows in the dark the other normal version. He's by far the best Marshmallow ever.

I collected this line, I'm a pretty big GB fan, have my own pack etc.

Mattel can goto hell with this garbage. The Ecto won't make it, and in case they're wondering why I'll be happy to remind them it's because they declared the line dead and blamed us. Well guess what? Now you can be right Mattel and keep your children's toys for $200. I had to take these figures off display because they look like something from the Toddler's and Infants isle at Baby's R Us compared to NECA, Mezco, and DC Direct all of which's figures were less expensive.

Give up Mattel. And then give up the license while your at it, to someone more competent.

I collected this line, I'm a pretty big GB fan, have my own pack etc.

Mattel can goto hell with this garbage. The Ecto won't make it, and in case they're wondering why I'll be happy to remind them it's because they declared the line dead and blamed us. Well guess what? Now you can be right Mattel and keep your children's toys for $200. I had to take these figures off display because they look like something from the Toddler's and Infants isle at Baby's R Us compared to NECA, Mezco, and DC Direct all of which's figures were less expensive.

AMEN ! :hi5:

PS Mattel lied. Said they never had protos of the packless guys even after they showed up on ebay and now here for sale. Lied, blamed us, woops hay guis sorrs but turns out we can milk you some moar afterall. No thanks.

My god! Can Mattel do something right??? :horror :slap I really hope NECA or Diamond gets the Ghostbuster rights so we can get the Ecto 1. I mean, they (Diamond) were able to make the car from the Monsters tv show....REALLY? A crappy tv show from the 60's has a bigger fanbase than Ghostbusters? Not to mention, they didn't need a stupid pre-order goal to make the damn thing! Is like Mattel doesn't really want to make this thing and they give the wrong info, so that they can blame the customers/GB fans..:gah:

Are you referring to the Munsters' Koach? That's not in the same scale. Whether you like them or not the Munsters' cars are badass. Not arguing that Mattel is not ****ing up this line, they are.
Mattel needs to stop calling these collectibles if they are going to half-*** it.
I hate this "we will make if you pay for it first." ****, make it awesome and I'll pay for it. Give me something tangible.

You know you're a joke of a company when you have zero condifence in your ability to sell a product and by doing these preorders it's basically also saying they have no faith in the people they want money from. It's insulting in every possible way. Make a solid product and it'll sell. Make garbage for years and you end up having to beg your "fans" to let you keep going.

Tell me about it. I would love to buy this car. The price was a WTF moment. Don't get me wrong I know the collectible world keeps creeping up in price, but to not have a working proto is beyond comprehension.
I was so down in getting a hoverboard. All this bull**** hype about what they were doing to get it accurate.
I'm not going to commit $215+ for something that might be great. I know--I could cancel if I don't like it, but what was the point of reaching a goal?

You know you're a joke of a company when you have zero condifence in your ability to sell a product and by doing these preorders it's basically also saying they have no faith in the people they want money from. It's insulting in every possible way. Make a solid product and it'll sell. Make garbage for years and you end up having to beg your "fans" to let you keep going.

You're absolutely right, but the good thing about these pre-orders is that they don't charge in advance, so we can use them as a way of sticking it to Matty if they don't deliver. If the car turns out to be crap just cancel your credit card or report it stolen, and there's nothing Matty will be able to do about it. There's really no reason not to pre-order and force them to make this.

Yea but canceling a credit card is not easy. You spend an hour on the phone, you have to wait for a replacement, you have to put the new card on Paypal and anything else you're using gets canceled and needs to be renewed like Netflix etc. Not worth the trouble for something I don't even want from this company. If Neca got this license tommorow all my GB would immediately be on ebay so what good is a compatible vehicle to me.

If you have a credit card you rarely use that would be perfect for this kind of thing. I've reported a card stolen and it took like 5 minutes. I'd rather force them to make the car in hopes that they do it right and risk not wanting the final product (in which I can cancel the card or sell it on the aftermarket) as opposed to never having the opportunity to own a 6 inch scale Ecto-1, and never knowing how good it could have been. Neca surely isn't gonna make an Ecto to scale with any figures should they ever get the license back. It's now or never.

I would avoid Matty's Stay Puft at all costs. It not only started to yellow within three months regardless of if you opened it or not, but it damages EXTREMELY easily. Matty literally included a little note inside the package that basically warns you not to touch it. Because it makes total sense to give a toy a gimmick of being squishy and then tell people not to actually touch it. I immediately sent mine back when they offered refunds and have no regrets about it. The Diamond Select version will actually last since it'll be plastic.

Are you serious? :lol There's a note that says you cant touch it?? Wow...now that's an epic fail. Thanks. I'll wait for the Diamond version.

Are you referring to the Munsters' Koach? That's not in the same scale. Whether you like them or not the Munsters' cars are badass. Not arguing that Mattel is not ****ing up this line, they are.
Mattel needs to stop calling these collectibles if they are going to half-*** it.
I hate this "we will make if you pay for it first." ****, make it awesome and I'll pay for it. Give me something tangible.

Yes, the Monsters' car/Koach looks awesome and I also like the figures, although Herman monsters jacket could be less glossy, imo. They did a great job. I just think we have nothing to lose by PO this thing, and if the prototype or final product is not worth the $, then we cancel our order...right? It's just that I've always wanted the Ecto 1. I never had the Kenner version when I was kid, and this was the "one" chance to finally get one. I had the firehouse, still do actually :)

Tell me about it. I would love to buy this car. The price was a WTF moment. Don't get me wrong I know the collectible world keeps creeping up in price, but to not have a working proto is beyond comprehension.
I was so down in getting a hoverboard. All this bull**** hype about what they were doing to get it accurate.
I'm not going to commit $215+ for something that might be great. I know--I could cancel if I don't like it, but what was the point of reaching a goal?

To see if you like it? I guess? :lol

You're absolutely right, but the good thing about these pre-orders is that they don't charge in advance, so we can use them as a way of sticking it to Matty if they don't deliver. If the car turns out to be crap just cancel your credit card or report it stolen, and there's nothing Matty will be able to do about it. There's really no reason not to pre-order and force them to make this.

:goodpost::clap That's what I've been saying. I don't get why more people don't PO, EVEN if they don't want it, it's a good revenge for all their B*** S*** :lol

Yea but canceling a credit card is not easy. You spend an hour on the phone, you have to wait for a replacement, you have to put the new card on Paypal and anything else you're using gets canceled and needs to be renewed like Netflix etc. Not worth the trouble for something I don't even want from this company. If Neca got this license tommorow all my GB would immediately be on ebay so what good is a compatible vehicle to me.

That's the price of revenge!! :wink1: But seriously, why do you have to "spend an hour on the phone, you have to wait for a replacement, you have to put the new card on Paypal and anything else you're using gets canceled and needs to be renewed like Netflix etc" Isn't like canceling a figure from other websites like bbts or sideshow? Just click cancel PO on the page and that's it?

I REALLY wish this would happen... it would be amazing... :monkey2

1115967_10151758140779844_1481338862_o.jpg

I really don't think is going to get made. I don't get why the deadline has to be August 19? Is like they really don't want to make this thing...so sad. Oh well, I guess we'll never have a complete Mattel Ghostbusters collection, thanks to all the so-called "Ghostbusters fans." Thank you for crushing my dream :(

Back