New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I would love a huge Ecto 1, there's no way I'm plunking down $200+ It's just way too much money. If this was something that was sold at retail, it'd be $100 tops. Probably not even that much. Also, after the huge letdown that was the hoverboard, there's no way I'm doing any more blind buying from Mattel. Thank god I was able to cancel that order.

As much as I would love a huge Ecto 1, there's no way I'm plunking down $200+ It's just way too much money. If this was something that was sold at retail, it'd be $100 tops. Probably not even that much. Also, after the huge letdown that was the hoverboard, there's no way I'm doing any more blind buying from Mattel. Thank god I was able to cancel that order.

I missed the hoverboard! However once I started looking into tracking one down the reviews swayed me. There is still a part of me that wishes I had it.

I love Ghostbusters, enough to spend a small fortune aquiring the GBII 4-pack a while back. They're... alright. Average toys except that monstrosity that it Ray's head. Matty are screwing the pooch with this line, and while part of me is glad to see new figures on the horizon, so far it looks like the company has learned no lessons.

Not paying 215 plus god-knows how much shipping for the car, as much as I'd like it. For that price, I'd want those reused figures thrown in, and the other 2 while we're at it. Call me greddy but whatever. Also, certainly won't put any money down if Ray has the same head as before.

Its Matty's new MO.

Step 1: Throw up a PO for a high priced item with nothing but a cutout and a promise.

Step 2: Build up said PO by constantly saying how great its going to be.

Step 3: Show Prototype

Step 4: Hear customer complaints about prototype, promise to make changes

Step 5: Deliver a product where nothing was changed for the better, and is sub par even when compared to the prototype.

See Matty's Hoverboard and soon to be Castle Grayskull for examples.

Hoverboard was OK... and it wasn't that high priced..., Castle Grayskull is looking great and even better than the proto, so, not sure if it applies here. :dunno

If the final product is not good, then I'll cancel the PO, no big deal. We lose nothing by PO this ecto 1 and figures. Funny, for YEARS people have been asking Mattel for the Ecto 1, and now that they have a chance to get one, they complain about it :cuckoo:

Pre-ordered mine, no second thoughts at all... this is a MUST have!
And I already have the Hot Wheels 1:18 ones

And that is why I must unfortunately pass :-(

I love the Hot Wheels version way too much to get this rendition of it. I will decide once more pics emerge.

There'll be no pictures AT ALL unless it reaches the minimum sales...

The 1:18 Hot Wheels one is about $110.00 so, doesn't make sense, since this is a BIGGER item. :dunno

I love Ghostbusters, enough to spend a small fortune aquiring the GBII 4-pack a while back. They're... alright. Average toys except that monstrosity that it Ray's head. Matty are screwing the pooch with this line, and while part of me is glad to see new figures on the horizon, so far it looks like the company has learned no lessons.

Not paying 215 plus god-knows how much shipping for the car, as much as I'd like it. For that price, I'd want those reused figures thrown in, and the other 2 while we're at it. Call me greddy but whatever. Also, certainly won't put any money down if Ray has the same head as before.

Toyguru already said no new head for Ray.

The 6" scale subscription did...
But they are still making Props and now the pre-order for the Ecto-1...

I don't think it will happen... :monkey2

Ecto_600x600726.jpg

Had they done this back in 09', it would've probably been cheaper and probably would've hit the minimum. Its a shame they can't get retail support for this either, this seems like something that could easily be sold to more people through TRU or Diamond. Maybe when Mattel finally loses the license, Diamond will release an in-scale Ecto-1.

The 6" scale subscription did...
But they are still making Props and now the pre-order for the Ecto-1...

I don't think it will happen... :monkey2

Ecto_600x600726.jpg

That looks a bit low. I know there are still 3 more months, but come on, if this doesn't get made, people need to shut the **** up and never complain about Mattel not making vehicles or play sets :mad:

That looks a bit low. I know there are still 3 more months, but come on, if this doesn't get made, people need to shut the **** up and never complain about Mattel not making vehicles or play sets :mad:

MOTU is a better seller...do don't be so hasty against vehicles and playsets

Actually if the goal is not met by August 19th it won't happen...:gah:

November 5th is the last pre-order day

MOTU is a better seller...do don't be so hasty against vehicles and playsets

November 5th is the last pre-order day

Yes but TG said this:

We need to start tooling the Ecto 1 on Aug 20th and we can't do this if we do not have the min order. We need the min order to spend money on the tooling. We will keep the preorder open longer, but only if the min quota is met by Aug 19th.

It's misleading some fans and that is a BIG problem...

That info is wrong... Mattel screwed it up on the order page...
The 1/18 is way too small...

My god! Can Mattel do something right??? :horror :slap I really hope NECA or Diamond gets the Ghostbuster rights so we can get the Ecto 1. I mean, they (Diamond) were able to make the car from the Monsters tv show....REALLY? A crappy tv show from the 60's has a bigger fanbase than Ghostbusters? Not to mention, they didn't need a stupid pre-order goal to make the damn thing! Is like Mattel doesn't really want to make this thing and they give the wrong info, so that they can blame the customers/GB fans..:gah:

I have most of the Mattel GB figures, except the stay puft marshmallow, I know Mattel ad some QC issues, but is it worth buying? I saw that Diamond Select is making a 24 inch Stay Puft, but I'm not sure when it will be available.

My god! Can Mattel do something right??? :horror :slap I really hope NECA or Diamond gets the Ghostbuster rights so we can get the Ecto 1. I mean, they (Diamond) were able to make the car from the Monsters tv show....REALLY? A crappy tv show from the 60's has a bigger fanbase than Ghostbusters? Not to mention, they didn't need a stupid pre-order goal to make the damn thing! Is like Mattel doesn't really want to make this thing and they give the wrong info, so that they can blame the customers/GB fans..:gah:

IF Mattel produced this Ecto-1 I'm sure it will kick ***... their 1:18 one is amazing!!
Not sue Diamond would top it TBH...

I have most of the Mattel GB figures, except the stay puft marshmallow, I know Mattel ad some QC issues, but is it worth buying? I saw that Diamond Select is making a 24 inch Stay Puft, but I'm not sure when it will be available.

I would wait for the Diamond one, that is one thing they can make better than Mattel's Stay Puft. I mean, I like it, but it does have issues...

Back