New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though it does look like Mattel actually extended the length of the flightsuit pant legs to accomodate Venky's fashion statement.

The packaged pics look like Murray to me. Cartoony sure, but very much Murray. I mean as much like Murray as one can expect from Mattel.

That's definitely a big improvement. Thanks for the heads up!

You're welcome mate :D

According to the guy who posted the pics etc he seems to think it IS the same sculpt but it's just got squashed up in the packaging

"But after looking closely I can confirm it is stll the same head sculpt. What we have here is not bait and switch but an error in packaging. His head is squeezed in tight in the plastic support."

https://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=19805&start=150

kindest regards
Tys

Last edited:
I'm having a veeeeeerrrrry hard time believing the final product I received boasts the same headsculpt as the prototype. But, if it indeed does, then it is the ultimate example of how a piss-poor paint job can irretrievably screw up an otherwise decent sculpt.

Last edited:
Hot Toys just announced the Ghostbusters!

Joking... ha, ha, ha...

Anyway, I just got Venkman. His head isn't as bad as those pics, but its as bad as Ray.

Love that he comes with loose gloves to place on his belt. Has 3 sets of hands too. Hey, it's something.

I'll pop up my pics later this evening. Got a date with a ghost right now.

Wor-Gar, if you dont mind me asking, did you get 2-day shipping or ground?? i got 2-day shipping and its now the 21st and i havent even gotten a shipping notice yet...this sucks, i paid an extra 20 bucks for nothing

Wor-Gar, if you dont mind me asking, did you get 2-day shipping or ground?? i got 2-day shipping and its now the 21st and i havent even gotten a shipping notice yet...this sucks, i paid an extra 20 bucks for nothing

I think Wor's in So Cal and these ship from Ontario, Ca.

I think Wor's in So Cal and these ship from Ontario, Ca.

Yes, that is the answer. I live close by. I was shocked to get it in two days.

So here he is... haven't removed him yet. The loose gloves are cool though, nice sculpt.

Venkman1.jpg

Venkman2.jpg

Venkman3.jpg

Venkman4.jpg

The head is definitely pinched in the box, you can see how it happens.

Well, there's our bonus item we were wondering about. The folded extra pair of black gloves. They're...okay I guess. :rolleyes: I still think Venkman should have come with a 1:6 scale "slimed" head sculpt, and a 1:6 scale Slimer. Now that....woulda been cool! :D

Wait, when it first was shown, didn't the 12" Venkman come with an extra slimed head? With the hair matted a bit? What happened to that?

Back