New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
according to (a mod, i believe) over on fwoosh, the head is warped from being in the package and it goes back to normal in a day or so...so hopefully it's not as bad as it seems...that being said, this is getting a total repaint when I get it.

What do you guys think, is it the same head with a bad paint job, or is completely different?

regardless, I'm really really bummed, this was a grail figure for me and I've been eagerly waiting since he was shown at sdcc

I'm callin BS on this one. Where did that picture come from? It looks a bit photoshopped to me. Prove it fellas.

I agree with the BS call. That pic looks terribly fake. What's the source? Mattel hasn't been the best when it comes to fan service, but there's no way they'd drop the ball on Bill Murray like that.

That head sculpt is VERY disappointing! I was okay with the "prototype" head shown first. Now this newer sculpt makes Venkman look like a "cone head" from Saturday Night Live! :monkey4 :(

Horrible to say the least! :mad: I will definitely get Spenser's awesome Bill Murray Venkman head sculpt to replace this junk from Mattel!

What a HUGE disappointment! After paying $60.00 for this figure I was expecting at least the prototype head on Venkman's body!

I just got my shipping notice! :D Even if I get it and the head's all stretched out, I hope to eventually get Spenser's MUCH better custom Venkman head sculpt someday.

I will post pictures of it soon after I get it. It's coming by U.P.S. Ground so it should only take a few days to get to me.

Interesting tidbit. Matty ships the figures from Ontario, CA. I didn't know there was a city called Ontario in California!

I just got my shipping notice! :D Even if I get it and the head's all stretched out, I hope to eventually get Spenser's MUCH better custom Venkman head sculpt someday.

Interesting tidbit. Matty ships the figures from Ontario, CA. I didn't know there was a city called Ontario in California!

Just got my shipping notice too. I wish they were shipping from Ontario, Canada instead, so I didn't get stuck paying CA state sales tax, which added another $10 to the total. Grrrrr...

I bit the bullet and ordered two Venkmans, so now I have the four Matty proton packs I needed to build my kitbashed GBs. If they ever make Winston I'll probably order him, though, just to have the whole gang.

I really want a set of Spenser's sculpts, too! Never planned to use the original Matty heads or bodies, so I'm not too let down with the new Venkman likeness. It could definitely do with a repaint, though. The eyes look very cartoonish, almost Japanese manga-like.

Screw it looks like im not going to finish my 4 gb's off, kind of going off them especially after the pics of the last sculpts that have been shown its just too childish. plus not having the money really puts a halt on the order lol!

I just stopped with 12" Ray, less headaches from dealing with amateur web business enterprise like Mattycollector..

If i could get them in the UK i wouldnt be so bad but i cant stand waiting a month and a bit hearing nothing untill the half decent product turns up slapped with a customs charge and less than satisfactory production value.

Wow. That Peter head looks effed up!

I'm slightly under $125 a figure for the 4 Mattel figs, 4 TTL bodies, and the 4 Spencer heads, so to just bash the Mattel's accessories and suits, I think the cost will be worth it when Seb is done. Thankfully Mattel put some love into the packs.

Its weird because on the figures that Mattel has been displaying since
SDCC09, the sculpts on Egon and Ray appear to be the exact quality to the ones at retail.

Why the hell would Mattel make the Venkman sculpt, which looked pretty damn good on display, look so bad once actually released?

If its the same sculpt, then I guess there's still some hope that a repaint will improve it. That's what I'm hoping for.

Back