New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah...really! :confused: I am confused.

Did Mattel tease us with that? Or was that meant to go on the smaller 6" figure? I think they say now that the 6" Venkman will be the "slimed version". I still think it's weird that the 6" Egon Spengler was a "slimed" version for SDCC 09. I got it anyway, but we never saw Egon slimed in the first movie. Covered in marshmallow at the end...yes...but not slimed.

Wow, at least you guys got in, I totally spaced out and forgot. I cant believe its sold out already !! Now I got multiples of Ray and Egon and no Venkmans, this blows...lol

That looks ridiculous -- as bad as Ray.

My intent was always to swap out the heads or I would never have even gotten onboard this train...

I know people are swapping out the whole suit and boots, but honestly I think the suit looks fine, just needs a dash of gray dye. I think I'm even going to keep the Mattel boots and just paint them up. Only thing I'm definitely replacing is the web belt, the elbow pads and the heads. Of course, I say that now...

I think the suits are fine too. The elbow pads gotta go. We'll see on the boots. What belt is everyone goin' with?

I'm using the DiD Che Guevara one...

10jan06_did_9.jpg

Well, lo and behold, an amazing thing happened overnight. The Venkman head sculpt that looked like absolute crap yesterday, now actually bears a resemblance to Bill Murray. So, perhaps this "squeezed in packaging" theory isn't just blatant damage control.

The portrait is still too cartoonish in comparison to the prototype head, but I can live with it. Hopefully, those of you who have the fig(and were disappointed with the sculpt) will achieve the same result.

Matty's response on the Venkman Issue:

Ghostbusters Fans, we’ve heard you on the questions on the Venkman sculpt and are investigating now. Please hang tight until you hear back from us.

Considering the figure is sold out, they will either give a partial refund, or an incentive gimmick like a poster or something...

I don't think they will replace all figures...
This sucks and will hurt the line indeed.

You know I just realized this line has been running for almost a year now and we've only seen three figures in the six inch line? That's terrible if you ask me. Especially when you see all the MOTU figures they pump out.

For obvious reasons, I don't care if they offer replacement heads or the slimed version...

gbs02.jpg

But I wouldn't complain if they were to offer up a set or two of belt gloves for Ray & Egon...

You should've seen my Mattel Egon's head when he first popped out of the package. It looked like his cranium had imploded at the temples. If it wasn't for the fact I was replacing the head anyway, I would have absolutely exchanged him.

- J

You know I just realized this line has been running for almost a year now and we've only seen three figures in the six inch line? That's terrible if you ask me. Especially when you see all the MOTU figures they pump out.

I completely agree. This is something that I do not understand. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought GhostBusters had a MUCH higher reach and appeal than MOTU. I know, I know, they're aimed towards colelctors, but this still doesn't justify it. They haven't managed to screw up MOTU figures once, and they continually keep screwing GhostBusters in the rear.

They've released like six total GB figures, and in that same exact time span, they've released like well over a dozen MOTU figures?!?!?

To quote GOB from "Arrested Development", "Come on!"

Any of them can hold it!

What I'm sayin is this, if Mattel had released the figures they've had planned by now and nothing more, I'd be more than content. The pushing back of release dates, and the sparse releases as it is is off putting to say the least.

They haven't managed to screw up MOTU figures once, and they continually keep screwing GhostBusters in the rear.

Not completely true. From what I understand the whole "subscription" service they offered got screwed up and people are CONSTANTLY complaining about the difficulty of purchasing a MOTU fig on the release day. I bypassed this line completely (which was hard let me tell you), but it seems like a big headache.

For obvious reasons, I don't care if they offer replacement heads or the slimed version...

gbs02.jpg

But I wouldn't complain if they were to offer up a set or two of belt gloves for Ray & Egon...

You should've seen my Mattel Egon's head when he first popped out of the package. It looked like his cranium had imploded at the temples. If it wasn't for the fact I was replacing the head anyway, I would have absolutely exchanged him.

- J

Spencers' heads look great btw!!!

Back