New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Teaser picture of my almost done "Hot toys" Ray. He still has the patches from mattels toy and the leg hose. However he now has a new black undershirt, spencers head (painted by me), real leather boots, new custom colored dragon flight suit, and a hot toys true type body.
100_3909.jpg

Mattels figure was such a great place to start! I'm so glad I picked this figure up, even though I'm really only using the proton pack haha. Sorry for the harsh lighting but Ill get some better photos soon of the head.

Here's my Ray WIP.

Head by SPencer painted by me.
Goggles by Dragon
Flightsuit by Hot Toys (dye)
webbelt by Dragon
Custom belt hook and belt gizmo
Gloves by Hot Toys (repainted)

IMG_4628.jpg

Hey ChalkyYT, i forgot to ask, what did you use to fill Ray out, and how in the name of J.C. did you managed to paint his eyes... they are sooo small!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the only way is to use a sharpie or something that thin.

Sak

i padded mine out with some foam packaging, but tissue paper would be just as good. yeh the eyes are tiny! took me a couple of goes but i just used a really small brush and a really steady hand!

lookin' great seb!! (oh, and hurry up and get those 2 heads on the shelf painted.. i wanna see) ;)

Cool. What bodies are you using for Spenser's head ? I wanted to order one, but want to keep it simple in terms of body. Any help?

whats peoples opinions on both vartals and spensers egon head??
They both look very good. In my opinion, Vartal's better capture's the facial likeness to Ray, but he is a bit chubbier than he appeared in GB 1, and he has a large forehead and the hair is not very "poofy," reflecting more of a cross between Ghostbusters 2 Ray and the Ghostbusters: the Video Game Ray than GB1 Ray, IMO. Spenser's has the correct hair from Ghostbusters 1, and seems to reflect Ray as he is walking down the hall, right before he sees Slimer (he looks a bit bored or tired). Personally, I don't think the facial likeness is as good as Vartal's. However, as has been pointed out, these are both custom heads, and are both better than anything 99% of the rest of us could come up with. As such, I hope that neither sculptor takes any offense to my comments.

Back