New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buddy that is off the hook!
Why cant Mattel do that?

On a side note they should use that looped busters tune you used
on the Camp Gitmo detanies.:google:lol

lmao I remember reading they used the enter sandman track and they were saying that it was 'the tune of the devil'

oh yeah, something i havent seen yet on here, put egon next to his ride, ecto 1 from the "extreme ghosbusters" show. still have it all these years later, my mom got it for me when i was a kid. and it still works! lights sounds and all, never had to replace the battieries since 1997. may be slightly out of scale, but it still is big enough to display with the new 6" figs.

Hi All,
Just been messin with my loose Trap that I got from Toyanxiety tonight,
Did any of you guys know that the 'Cartridge is REMOVABLE !!!

Just another cool feature of this figure,I love it!!!

Kindest regards
Tys

Yeah I saw someone else mention that a while ago. It was still several days after the figure was released so it was a pretty cool bonus. It's always pretty spectac when you hear something new about something you've had for a little while.

In response to those on the fence about whether to get SPENSER's RAY sculpt, or VARTAL's...I've been a bit back & forth myself. After seeing the shots posted of Vartal's unpainted and painted head with the Mattel gear, I thought it was a really good Dan sculpt...maybe a bit closer than Spensers? Of course something still seemed a bit off to me. It looks great with the goggles on the forehead, but not as good without IMO. The face seems a bit puffier and the hair not high enough. Seems a little more 'CONEHEADS' era Dan to me. Vartal saying he used GB II as his study for the sculpting reference seems a bit more accurate to me, although I personally feel that Spenser nailed the 'high-hair' and 'arched-eyebrows' that really make it "Ray Stantz" to me. We also have to remember that GB era Dan is closer to the 'trimmer' Dan of 'Trading Places'. Ultimately though...it's in the eye of the beholder, and they're both pretty good! Compare...

4089358047_f4fbd8b486.jpg

GHOSTBUSTERS:

31.jpg

172.jpg

210.jpg

227.jpg

GHOSTBUSTERS II:

6.jpg

120.jpg

189.jpg

195.jpg

220.jpg

yeah i totaly agree about vartals head with and without the goggles comment. it does look really good with them on his forehead, but once their off, it doesnt look right, again the forehead/hair is prob the issue.

both are good tho, but i think my choice in terms of detail and for the hair would be spensers. i think if spensers head is painted up really well it will look great in the outfit etc

In response to those on the fence about whether to get SPENSER's RAY sculpt, or VARTAL's...I've been a bit back & forth myself. After seeing the shots posted of Vartal's unpainted and painted head with the Mattel gear, I thought it was a really good Dan sculpt...maybe a bit closer than Spensers? Of course something still seemed a bit off to me. It looks great with the goggles on the forehead, but not as good without IMO. The face seems a bit puffier and the hair not high enough. Seems a little more 'CONEHEADS' era Dan to me. Vartal saying he used GB II as his study for the sculpting reference seems a bit more accurate to me, although I personally feel that Spenser nailed the 'high-hair' and 'arched-eyebrows' that really make it "Ray Stantz" to me. We also have to remember that GB era Dan is closer to the 'trimmer' Dan of 'Trading Places'. Ultimately though...it's in the eye of the beholder, and they're both pretty good! Compare...

4089358047_f4fbd8b486.jpg

GHOSTBUSTERS:

31.jpg

172.jpg

210.jpg

227.jpg

GHOSTBUSTERS II:

6.jpg

120.jpg

189.jpg

195.jpg

220.jpg

i have to say i have no complaints with vartels sculpt. more hair would be nice in an ideal world but ray is definately there. his other 3 heads are impressive too, im in the process of painting them up while i wait for egon

yeah i do like it, but i think the hair/forehead is slightly off, but as said it looks more like gb2 ray.

cnt wait to see pics of them painted up mate!!

i have to say i have no complaints with vartels sculpt. more hair would be nice in an ideal world but ray is definately there. his other 3 heads are impressive too, im in the process of painting them up while i wait for egon

Wow, got my Vartal Ray head today!!!!!!!!!! and still no sing of Ray 12 inch and 6 inch! Dawn you Mattel!!!!!!!!!!:banghead:emperor

Vartal's head looks even better in person!!!!!!!

So what color do you think i should paint Ray's hair? Is it black... or dark brown???? Can't really tell.... Please I need your 2 cents on this one.

Sal

Dark brown hair with lighter brown highlights would probably yield the best results for Ray. Watching the movie again should provide plenty of reference for painting him up nicely. :D

I know you didn't ask me, but I padded him up with tissue paper. It's not completely to my liking but I'll futz with it more.
2ues2ef.jpg

Back