New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES got my 6 inch ray today! hes sweet! still gonna paint his hands black but for now hes still awsome, so cool to finally have a pair of GB's instead of just one. but the coolest little thing was that the GB logo ghost, the circle logo is actually removable so it can be a sign or a ghost to catch. that was pretty neat!

also, anyone know what winston and venkman will come with? i know winston is coming with the trap but is THAT his assesory or will he come with a ghost too? peck is coming with that sweet containment grid, but did they show at all what venkman will come with??

Here's some better pics of Ray
IMG_4678.jpg

Nice find on the gloves! These look the closest to the screen used gloves of any I've seen so far. They'd be nearly perfect except for that small seam running around the bottom of the cuff, but it's hardly noticeable at all. :cool:

They look a lot like Dragon's WW2 German Fallschirmjäger gloves... but if you don't mind telling us, which Hot Toys figure they came with them? Thanks, man! :D

anyone know whats something good to use to make a proton stream for the 6 inch figures? i cant think of something at the moment, but would love to add a stream to the proton packs.

I may be wrong but me thinks the gloves are these

https://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-Hot-Toys-D...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27ac5a6a78

I was looking at them one ebay since the dragon gloves I had bought don't fit on a hot toys body. All you would have to do is get rid of that square part on the back of the hands and maybe smooth out the seam.

Yeah those are the ones. Also sold by store rooms. Hitac gauntlet gloves. Also very useful for star wars bashes. Have em in tan , OD and black. Or you could just get black and paint to your hearts content.

Those come in very handy esp since gauntlet gloves dont come by very easily

Ok here's some progress on my Ray.

I weathered the pack and darken the mattel straps, they were to bright green.
I rcustom made the interior of the belgt gizmo and painted silver stripe on the walkie.
The flightsuit is a hot toys one dye and put in acrylic washes.
I hated the mattel goggle so i replaced them with dragon one.
I decided to go with nick-a-tron trap because the mattel one is just too toyish for my taste but kept the mattel pedal.

He's on a TT body with added belly.

IMG_4721.jpg

IMG_4722.jpg

IMG_4723.jpg

IMG_4725.jpg

IMG_4726.jpg

amazing work!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is Vartal's head... painted... Still no sing from Ray, maybe he's eating chinese ! :)

The suit and shirt and pack are custom made... and it's a BB Dragon body, the head it's not glued so no worries there.

has any one in the UK got there delivery of Ray's yet? i ordered 12" ray a few weeks back but not heard or seen anything, never had a delivery take so long!

amazing work!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is Vartal's head... painted... Still no sing from Ray, maybe he's eating chinese ! :)

The suit and shirt and pack are custom made... and it's a BB Dragon body, the head it's not glued so no worries there.

loving this so far! what did u do to add the hair? it makes a hell of a difference

awsome work seb!! amazing mate

Ok here's some progress on my Ray.

I weathered the pack and darken the mattel straps, they were to bright green.
I rcustom made the interior of the belgt gizmo and painted silver stripe on the walkie.
The flightsuit is a hot toys one dye and put in acrylic washes.
I hated the mattel goggle so i replaced them with dragon one.
I decided to go with nick-a-tron trap because the mattel one is just too toyish for my taste but kept the mattel pedal.

He's on a TT body with added belly.

IMG_4721.jpg

IMG_4722.jpg

IMG_4723.jpg

IMG_4725.jpg

IMG_4726.jpg

GUESS WHAT, Ray just came, had to pay custom charges but that's it! Amazing figure.... BUT i just realized (afther playing with it for a litle while, that the body IS IN FACT very hard to move, it's got NO neck movement at all, so it's going to be dificult to replace the head, will have to change it .... and the googles don't have one litle knob on the buttom... see?

By spv11

loving this so far! what did u do to add the hair? it makes a hell of a difference[/QUOTE said:
Thanks! I used apoxie sculpt. I wished i had taken pics of the process. for the hair i used a nidle... is THAT simple.
And yes, that's all you need to confirm that he's RAY
And Elvis1976, i also have those googles!!!

7nov2009049.jpg

By spv11, shot with DMC-FS20 at 2009-11-12

thanks
SAl

anyone know whats something good to use to make a proton stream for the 6 inch figures? i cant think of something at the moment, but would love to add a stream to the proton packs.
More of my pictures are in this thread some ways back, back in August sometime...but I made a proton stream for Egon out of colored acrylic rods used in model making. They're typically used for scale lights for cars and what not. They worked perfect, I used 3/32" red for the main beam and 1/16" blue for the crackling electric beam surrounding it. Easy to make, I used a tea candle to gently and carefully heat the rods where I wanted them to bend and used a bowl of warm water to quickly set the rod once I had it where I wanted it. And I used a pin, pressed into the end while it was hot and gooey, to connect the stream to the wand. Same thing to make the connection between the stream and the 'capture stream' around Slimer.

egon-1.jpg

Back