New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed out on getting the Mattel 2-packs for $30 at Big Lots. Is $135 shipped a reasonable price for both sets?

Now everything makes sense LOL. I bought the original single releases back in the day. Wanted their Ghostbusters 2 12" versions, but 240 plus shipping was just way too much at the time. I managed to pick up Venkman and Winston 2 pack on Amazon the day after X-mas for 45 bucks (well, free for me since I used a gift card :lol). I decided I wanted to complete the set and picked up the Ray/ Egon set off eBay for 55 shipped. When the Ray/ Egon set arrived it had a 30 dollar price tag on and I figured it was bought at some kind of garage sell. Blows my mind that these sets actually hit retail ... and I bet 90% of those hit eBay :lol. Well, I got my set of 4 for 90 - and thankfully the paint jobs were decent. Maybe not as good as 60 for the set, but still a far cry from 240+

Quick question about the Ghostbusters 2 Venkman from the 2 pack. I unboxed them today and noticed Venkman face looks darker around the jaw, cheeks, side burns areas than the other 2 white busters. I wouldn't say it's as dark as the slight over painting on the Ray/ Peters hair from both versions, but still noticeable. Now, my wife seems to think it is painted to look like beard stubble/ five o'clock shadow. But, I compared it to my Ghostbuster 1 figure still in box and there is no darkening around the "beard" area on him. Can anyone who owns this figure comment? Want to know if it's a defect - if so, I can return to Amazon and buy another one.

No, that is the 1/18 scale Ecto they made a few years ago that sold for around $120. They are now adding figures to put in there. The figures for this will be smaller than the Mattycollector figures they made. This is an easy pass for me and not worth the price IMO.

R.I.P Harold you wrote,directed and acted in some of my all time favourite films thanks for those you will be missed.

BhSlD9kCcAAX9zn.jpg

RIP Harold Ramis. Ghostbusters is one of my favourite movies. Thats one movie I have watched many many times.

Makes me sick.

The price for the Matty Collector 12" version went from $40 to $80 since yesterday. Then ebayers also jacking them up. Truly terrible for someone like me who has been wanting to buy a complete Mattel 12" set! It is driven by people trying to profit off his death.

At this point is it worth getting the Matty Collector set? Or do people think something better will come along?

It won't last. In like a month people will realize that his death makes his figure no more desirable than the deaths of Lennon and Harrison make their Beatles merch more desirable.

It's the illusion of greater rarity and demand. Nothing more,

Back