New eyes on 1:6 figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, stop with the new eyes!

Just when Sideshow looked like they were turning a corner their new process is setting the appearance of sculpts back a couple of decades. :(

Their own artists must be tearing their hair out when they see how that process is wrecking their work.

Sadly I have to agree. I thought the prototypes looked fantastic. Too bad the production pieces have been terrible. Maybe it's not too late for Hoth Han and Luke? :pray

Sadly I have to agree. I thought the prototypes looked fantastic. Too bad the production pieces have been terrible. Maybe it's not too late for Hoth Han and Luke? :pray:

I'm not a huge fan either... I think the idea can work, but it requires a significant tightening up of the final product.

Drake is a fine sculpt, but 2 major flaws in the production just ruined the head:
1) Face plate is too wide- this distorts the jaw and makes him look bloated
2) Eyes not lined up- the eye decal is solid, but if it's off by even a hair it looks silly. And on some of them the whites of the eye were very pink

I don't want to post this ad nauseam, but if you correct both of these issues* it makes a significant improvement:
(*I did also touch up the skin-tones)

b20a8b11-4b9f-4214-9065-342398d4b022_zpsa283b7a1.jpg

33793ed3-0188-4f34-b63d-ca5b992cd58b_zps2fcd0dff.jpg

Well, speaking for myself, this whiner has pretty much given-up on Sideshow human likenesses, altogether. I had Hoth Luke and Han on pre-order but cancelled both (along w/Tauntaun) to focus more on Imperials, for space and b/c I lost confidence in SSC after seeing Drake (and later Echo and Fives portraits).

For those still looking forward to those releases, I hope Sideshow comes to their senses and returns to traditional painted, one-piece, headsculpts. I'm expecting a giant ****storm in the SW section if Luke and Han come out anything like Drake.

My whining contribution since I hate the new eyes as well.

warjFzE.jpg

(You have no idea how difficult it's been not to plaster this over half the threads here lately)

Yet another Sideshow figure goes into production with Nathan Drake's mismatched bulging eyes. Will this madness never end? :mad:

It doesn't seem to have a gotten any better... got in an Echo and Fives set; while the paint work is better than what I saw on Drake the eyes are terrible. Just unacceptable to get two heads both with sunken-in and misaligned eyes. Makes them look like they were from a defective batch :lol

$_12.JPG

Back