Question about paint fix and value after

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paolo11

Freakzoid
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi. So I’m new to collecting 1/6 figures ( I just want Gametoys Cloud and Iconiq Ryu). I’d say there is a minor paint blemish on the face or body or anywhere and someone paint fix it to make it look new , does it lose or add the value of the figure?

Hi. So I’m new to collecting 1/6 figures ( I just want Gametoys Cloud and Iconiq Ryu). I’d say there is a minor paint blemish on the face or body or anywhere and someone paint fix it to make it look new , does it lose or add the value of the figure?
it depends. if all copies will suffer such issue like rubber/silicone crack, pleather flaking, paint fading, if fixed properly the value wouldnt be affected much if there isnt any other alternatives that can match the product.

if it was defect or accidental damage, a fix will still lower the value slightly and depend on how well the repair work is. this cam be broken parts, scratches, dents etc.

also depends how obvious the damage is blemish on the face can be really hard to touch up and probably require a repaint. a damage hidden under something else would have less issue.

then there are people who never disclose damage or repairs when selling. of you did not realize and sold it and someone else noticed it can become an issue.

it depends. if all copies will suffer such issue like rubber/silicone crack, pleather flaking, paint fading, if fixed properly the value wouldnt be affected much if there isnt any other alternatives that can match the product.

if it was defect or accidental damage, a fix will still lower the value slightly and depend on how well the repair work is. this cam be broken parts, scratches, dents etc.

also depends how obvious the damage is blemish on the face can be really hard to touch up and probably require a repaint. a damage hidden under something else would have less issue.

then there are people who never disclose damage or repairs when selling. of you did not realize and sold it and someone else noticed it can become an issue.
If it is a repaint for a paint blemish, does it keep the same value or lessen it?

Back