New Emma Frost PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am Glad you cleared that up for all the Unknowing and CBG :lol:lol:lol

Well, Emma has usually been portrayed with large breasts by many artists. AH almost always draws his woman this way to begin with. This statue was based off the AH print that accompanied the EX Com. It is spot on to the print. The costume is based off of her original appearance illustrated by John Byrne. In her 1st appearance she was a major villain and belonged to the Hell Fire club organization. The Hell Fire club was made up of rich and powerful individuals and when they gathered at the club, their needs were well taken care of. All of their needs. That is why the women of the club dressed in provocative clothing. Her overall appearance is very faithful to her source origin. As for her face, I think it looks beautiful. Like you said, to each their own.

Emma has always been a sexual person. She has used sex on many occasions to get what she wants. She has ALWAYS dressed and behaved in a sexual nature. Her pose gives us a glimpse of that Emma. The Coms pose shows Emma in full seduction mode. I think the sculptor and artist captured her character perfectly. Obviously, many other collectors agree since the aftermarket prices on the Com are quite healthy.

None of what we say makes either of us right or wrong in our positions. Liking or not liking a statue will always boil down to our own personal tastes.

Wow! Emma really does sound like a very cool character! I like her! :hi5: great info! I always liked her character but didn't know that much about her. Now this is great info!

Well, Emma has usually been portrayed with large breasts by many artists. AH almost always draws his woman this way to begin with. This statue was based off the AH print that accompanied the EX Com. It is spot on to the print. The costume is based off of her original appearance illustrated by John Byrne. In her 1st appearance she was a major villain and belonged to the Hell Fire club organization. The Hell Fire club was made up of rich and powerful individuals and when they gathered at the club, their needs were well taken care of. All of their needs. That is why the women of the club dressed in provocative clothing. Her overall appearance is very faithful to her source origin. As for her face, I think it looks beautiful. Like you said, to each their own.

Emma has always been a sexual person. She has used sex on many occasions to get what she wants. She has ALWAYS dressed and behaved in a sexual nature. Her pose gives us a glimpse of that Emma. The Coms pose shows Emma in full seduction mode. I think the sculptor and artist captured her character perfectly. Obviously, many other collectors agree since the aftermarket prices on the Com are quite healthy.

None of what we say makes either of us right or wrong in our positions. Liking or not liking a statue will always boil down to our own personal tastes.

She has BEWBS because of...
766349-revealemnadr.jpg

tumblr_lut7ns0Vrs1qi5axlo1_500.gif

She has BEWBS because of...
766349-revealemnadr.jpg

tumblr_lut7ns0Vrs1qi5axlo1_500.gif

Yeah, she confesses to the implants in that issue. However, she has always had large breasts since her 1st appearance. Anyone who reads comics knows this. It certainly shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that she was sculpted with them.

The thing that really got me was the embarrassing to display comment, along with the complaint about her breast size and pose by another member. I can live with the I don't like her face comment. That just boils down to artistic preference. However, every other compaint (large breasts, sexy pose, revealing costume) is what the Emma character is ALL about. If you take these things away from her (or the statue) then you don't have the Emma Frost character as we know her in the comics anymore. Her sexual nature is a part of who she is. Now, if that member doesn't like the character or what she represents, that's fine. However, to slam a statue and call it embarrassing for being accurate to how the character looks and is portrayed in the comics seems off to me. That's the part I just don't get. :dunno

Yeah, she confesses to the implants in that issue. However, she has always had large breasts since her 1st appearance. Anyone who reads comics knows this. It certainly shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that she was sculpted with them.

The thing that really got me was the embarrassing to display comment, along with the complaint about her breast size and pose by another member. I can live with the I don't like her face comment. That just boils down to artistic preference. However, every other compaint (large breasts, sexy pose, revealing costume) is what the Emma character is ALL about. If you take these things away from her (or the statue) then you don't have the Emma Frost character as we know her in the comics anymore. Her sexual nature is a part of who she is. Now, if that member doesn't like the character or what she represents, that's fine. However, to slam a statue and call it embarrassing for being accurate to how the character looks and is portrayed in the comics seems off to me. That's the part I just don't get. :dunno

:hi5::hi5::hi5:

I'm still waiting on the modern Emma Frost statue to get. The Hughes version is great but it's the White Queen Emma. Right now the best is the diorama with Beast but I don't like how her costume sculpt fits. I can't believe Mark Brooks doesn't have an Emma statue out. It's like Sideshow put a stop on his whole line.

I'm still waiting on the modern Emma Frost statue to get. The Hughes version is great but it's the White Queen Emma. Right now the best is the diorama with Beast but I don't like how her costume sculpt fits. I can't believe Mark Brooks doesn't have an Emma statue out. It's like Sideshow put a stop on his whole line.

IKR. But I guess since the last Emma was a Modern Emma, SS only has the Hellfire Club version to go with for the new PF. However, would've loved it more if the New X-men costume designed by Frank Quitely got optioned earlier.

However, to slam a statue and call it embarrassing for being accurate to how the character looks and is portrayed in the comics seems off to me. That's the part I just don't get. :dunno

It's called an opinion. Nothing that you've just said alters that for me. Maybe it's because I'm not a fan of Emma Frost, or that I don't identify with the character that I don't like this statue. Then again, the PF is much better but IMO this statue, without the context of the character, looks like one of those nasty Anime statues which is all T&A.

And thats really my point. Sometimes I can look at a statue, without knowing anything about the character and say "Damn, that is smoking." With AH Emma Frost I think "Damn, thats just not my cup of tea old chap." And I would still feel embarressed to have this as part of my display :monkey1

I actually kinda dig Emma in the Phoenix 5 outfit. I wouldn't mind seeing that version released next

I have this cover framed in my display room...

2421384-1_avengersvsxmen_8_covervariantkubert__1_.jpg

I would love to see this made as a diorama one day, or something similar. As much flak as AVX got, I absolutely loved this storyline and the look of the Phoenix 5, particularly Emma!

Plus seeing Emma single handedly take down Thor was AMAZING!!!! :yess:

zoneempire020.jpg

It's called an opinion. Nothing that you've just said alters that for me. Maybe it's because I'm not a fan of Emma Frost, or that I don't identify with the character that I don't like this statue. Then again, the PF is much better but IMO this statue, without the context of the character, looks like one of those nasty Anime statues which is all T&A.

And thats really my point. Sometimes I can look at a statue, without knowing anything about the character and say "Damn, that is smoking." With AH Emma Frost I think "Damn, thats just not my cup of tea old chap." And I would still feel embarressed to have this as part of my display :monkey1

you mean like these? :lol:lol:lol

medium_chun_li_girl_fighting_2.jpg

032-Cammy-Max-Factory-PVC-Statue.jpg

Max_Factory_Morrigan_3_by_DamonDaSaru.jpg

Lol yah I'm embarrass to own 3 of them. :lol

Agreed. :goodpost:

If someone else doesn't like the Emma Comi or any other collectible...I don't care. Their opinion is irrelevant to me. As long as I like it that's all that matters. :lecture

Yeah the Phoenix 5 outfit looked awesome. But it might be a bit revealing for all the prudes on the forum

:lol:rotfl :lol:lol

Niiiiice! :naughty

Back