New Doctor Who Figures? (5 inch scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Doctor Who Figures?

Looks like you lucky folk in the UK are going to be getting the 7th Doc and Imperial Dalek in early March.

https://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/i...duct_info&cPath=4_1165_6492&products_id=57992

B8430.jpg

:)

at least the suction cup is right.. I think....

As far as I am concerned it looks good enough for my dollar. :lol

The base is too broad and the shoulder slats are too large, for starters. But it'll have to do. :)

Thanks for the clarification, I've not yet seen that episode but shall be ordering it shortly so I can see Sly in action as well as the Imperial and Special Weapons Daleks.

There's also the possibility that it will be more accurate in person as that Sly is obviously an early proto as it lacks the full articulation.

I love TROUT in your. I watched Ice Warriors for the first time ever last night and I loved it. Made me love the two Ice Warriors on my desk even more! :rock

I love TROUT in your. I watched Ice Warriors for the first time ever last night and I loved it. Made me love the two Ice Warriors on my desk even more! :rock

Check out "The Seeds of Death" too as it's one of the few remaining Troughton stories that's complete and also features the Ice Warriors.

Hopefully CO will make an Ice Lord and maybe a couple of variant Warriors with the sonic blaster or the freaky oversized head that one of the costumes had :D

Thanks for the clarification, I've not yet seen that episode but shall be ordering it shortly so I can see Sly in action as well as the Imperial and Special Weapons Daleks.

I think you'll enjoy Remembrance. You seem to be more traditionally minded and it's a great throwback story. It's also a great example of why some fans really love the Seventh Doctor so much. I find many of his detractors are fans who were watching the show at the time and unable to look past Time and the Rani.

I think you'll enjoy Remembrance. You seem to be more traditionally minded and it's a great throwback story. It's also a great example of why some fans really love the Seventh Doctor so much. I find many of his detractors are fans who were watching the show at the time and unable to look past Time and the Rani.

Since first getting into the Classic era in mid 2006 I've read all manner of crap about how bad Colin & Sylvester's era's were, that I shouldn't bother watching it etc etc and I bought into it for a while but ultimately it's just made me all the more curious to see for myself.

"Rememberance" has always been no 1 on my list of 7th Doctor stories to see, even more so now the Imperial Dalek is going to become part of my figure collection and the Special Weapons Dalek has also been rumored for months so I'll let you know what I think of the episode once I've seen it.

Since first getting into the Classic era in mid 2006 I've read all manner of crap about how bad Colin & Sylvester's era's were, that I shouldn't bother watching it etc etc and I bought into it for a while but ultimately it's just made me all the more curious to see for myself.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. It was all you. I also happen to know you have the kind of friends (who for modesties sake shall be kept nameless), whom after they share him their opinion of stories, tell him "regardless, he needs to see them for himself to to form his own opinions because peoples tastes are different and a lot of people like certain eras others don't". But DOES he, I ask you? Does he????? I say thee NAY! :emperor

Yeah, yeah, yeah. It was all you. I also happen to know you have the kind of friends (who for modesties sake shall be kept nameless), whom after they share him their opinion of stories, tell him "regardless, he needs to see them for himself to to form his own opinions because peoples tastes are different and a lot of people like certain eras others don't". But DOES he, I ask you? Does he????? I say thee NAY! :emperor

Please forgive my goldfish like memory ;)

Last edited:

£34.99 is at least 15 quid cheaper than I was expecting so this is very good news though I'm somewhat inclined to wait and see if the other rumor about a season 18 Tom Baker/TARDIS set is legit as I'd sooner have that than another McCoy.

Having said that owning more than 1 Classic TARDIS isn't something I'd be averse to so I'll probably get this one regardless.

'Remembrance' was a very good episode. I have fond memories of watching it with several friends and trying to second-guess where the writer was going. :) Marvelous stuff, you should enjoy it.

'Remembrance' was a very good episode. I have fond memories of watching it with several friends and trying to second-guess where the writer was going. :) Marvelous stuff, you should enjoy it.

Thanks for the insights, I like stories where the outcome isn't immediately obvious and think that element of unpredictability is what the modern show badly lacks.

Back on topic I got my first look at the EOT wave in person today as my local Tesco finally got them in. The Matt Smith sculpt is excellent, the Timothy Dalton and fake Doctor ones aren't too far behind and the John Simm sculpt looks bloody awful.

Last edited:

Thanks to a message from WST I've got a bit of new info about the 11 Doctor box set,

The 2nd and 5th Doctors will both have hats.

Back