New Doctor Who Figures? (5 inch scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Doctor Who Figures?

The Dalek looks ace, but I'm not really bowled over by the smiley McCoy. I'll need to see more shots of the face.

Okay, I wasn't going to buy any more of these until the 11 pack, but I *need* that TARDIS! Love McCoy too!

Thats weird. Most of us here on SSF are looking forward to the TARDIS but in a lot of the other boards I frequent they are more excited about the dalek. :confused

Thats weird. Most of us here on SSF are looking forward to the TARDIS but in a lot of the other boards I frequent they are more excited about the dalek. :confused

But it's a white & gold one! :D

Personally the only Dalek related thing I really want now is a "Genesis of the Daleks" Davros but if buying these other ones helps extend the Classic line's lifespan to the point where that happens then so be it.

The only concern I have about the TARDIS set is the price if it's an Exclusive, £24.99 for 2 normal sized figures is bad enough so what are FPI gonna charge for a figure and a playset/vehicle with electronics?

I don't care what they charge I just want him now. Then all I need is 8 - so I can make a shrine to my first two Doctors!

McCoy is my favorite Doctor, so I wish I could say I was more excited by these. The sculpts are off, though. The jacket should be shorter, and much bulkier around the bottom. The head sculpt doesn't really work for me, either. Hopefully the hair works like the Tom Baker figure so I can whip up a hatted serious head.

McCoy is my favorite Doctor, so I wish I could say I was more excited by these. The sculpts are off, though. The jacket should be shorter, and much bulkier around the bottom. The head sculpt doesn't really work for me, either. Hopefully the hair works like the Tom Baker figure so I can whip up a hatted serious head.

Wasn't the rumor the 11 Docs boxed set had a hatless and grim, brown coat?

Oh Christ! The curse of Tonner strikes again! Lovely costumes but utterly crap likenesses.

https://community.livejournal.com/doctorwho/5623419.html?view=82891899&style=mine#t82891899

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I pity the fools who'll actually pay out for one of those things.........actually I don't as anyone that likes those characters enough to want to pay Tonner prices for such garbage deserves eveything they get.

WST,
The McCoy in the box set is meant to be the attire from "Ghost Light" so I presume it won't have a hat ( never seen the story so I don't know ).

Last edited:

The McCoy in the box set is meant to be the attire from "Ghost Light" so I presume it won't have a hat ( never seen the story so I don't know ).

Ghost Light is my very favorite Doctor Who story ever. :horror

Robots of Death is number two, and Blink is number three.

I watched Robots of Death with my boys last night (their first time). It is (I think) one of the perfect models of what a Doctor Who episode should be. Pacing is never slow. The bad isn't obvious (I have seen this episode many times but I always seem to forget who the bad guy is :lol :eek:). The companion is never helpless is a stupid way. The Doctor is awesome but fallible. Great set design and costumes.

A+ story.

Ever since the Denys Fisher toys started to command incredible prices I've wanted an accurate Baker & Tardis set-
I heard rumours McCoy would come with a classic Tardis but kinda dismissed it as something cardboard-
and now this, with FX to boot and my quest will be over!
Fantastic news!!!

Ghost Light is my very favorite Doctor Who story ever. :horror

Robots of Death is number two, and Blink is number three.

I'm only going on the same rumors as I guess others here have heard so don't take it as definite but I hope it works out for you and other Sly fans as you've certainly had to wait longer than the rest of us for some Classic goodness.

Last edited:

5thdoctorcybermen.jpg

Design Works Windsor really did good with the "Earthshock" Cyberman. I just wish the people behind the marketing of the line put as much effort in as the sculptors.

Back