New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 from Big Chief Studios!

I only got the head, jacket, and open sonic as loose parts so I can't comment on the whole figure, but of the three parts I got, the head does have minor staining under the chin -- it's not really a big deal, but I did notice it right away -- and the seams of the jacket sleeves are not even. Three parts and two of them have QC issues...

Is Big Chief generally slow with responding to emails? They were fairly quick when I made inquiries as to buying a figure, often responding on the same day, but now that I've got a problem with a figure I'm getting nothing.

I know they're busy and understaffed, but... :impatient:

They have MASSIVE issues with replying to emails these days.

They have MASSIVE issues with replying to emails these days.
Yeah, you probably won't get a reply. There's a few people still trying to get through to them that have issues that were raised back when the signature editions were shipped out.

The last Facebook update was over a month ago. I find that strange.

304687_522455881114091_348150466_n.jpg

Honestly for their first piece this one is pretty incredible. Yeah its not at the Hot Toys level but its better than many Sideshows pieces these days. So, for a piece this good out the gate you have to give them credit. If they only get slightly better with each new one we are going to get some really cool 1/6 Doctors. As for contacting them. They are a pretty small operation so keep that in mind and be patient with them! I'm sure they mean well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, you probably won't get a reply. There's a few people still trying to get through to them that have issues that were raised back when the signature editions were shipped out.

Then I guess people should start opening Paypal disputes. They can't not reply to customers who received a damaged $200-300 figure.

Then I guess people should start opening Paypal disputes. They can't not reply to customers who received a damaged $200-300 figure.
That's entirely an option you can explore.

I'll give them some more time, but if they refuse to get back to me I certainly will be opening one. That's not acceptable.

Here's hoping they'e just taking awhile because they're understaffed and not actually willfully ignoring customers with a damaged product.

I'll give them some more time, but if they refuse to get back to me I certainly will be opening one. That's not acceptable.

Here's hoping they'e just taking awhile because they're understaffed and not actually willfully ignoring customers with a damaged product.

I'm sure their on the up and up. Like I said their a small operation and most likely took a loss (or broke even) on the first release so now they have to regroup. Hopefully enough sold that gave them the funds to go into production on the next piece. Its not easy for small companies to get started and if we want more we should probably be a little more patient and tolerant. I know its hard but I'm sure it'll pay off. I for one want to see the full line of Doctors one day!

It probably is a case of being overwhelmed due to staffing shortages. They're still trying to get Amy out and if I recall correctly, they want Tom Baker's Doctor out for Q1 2013 as well. Not to mention the expansion packs.

Last edited:

I'm sure their on the up and up. Like I said their a small operation and most likely took a loss (or broke even) on the first release so now they have to regroup. Hopefully enough sold that gave them the funds to go into production on the next piece. Its not easy for small companies to get started and if we want more we should probably be a little more patient and tolerant. I know its hard but I'm sure it'll pay off. I for one want to see the full line of Doctors one day!

Well, according to other people here, they're not responding to old issues brought to their attention, so that makes me nervous. I'm not going to wait a month here. Even if they're a small operation, they could surely hire one or two more people (interns, even) to help out with customer service. If they can't handle the amount of complaints/inquiries, then they're setting themselves up for failure.

I'm all for supporting small companies, and I will be patient and give them more time, but my support does not extend to letting the issue go, and I will open a dispute if necessary. This was a big purchase for me, and while I don't need it to PERFECT (nothing is), that large red facial stain is way too visible to be acceptable.

I wanted the Amy Pond figure, but I'm feeling quite wary now.

Keep in mind you have 45 days to open up a paypal claim.

It rather sounds like they bit off more than they can chew. If they have such a small staff, maybe they shouldn't have been so ambitious right off the bat with all the other doctors, the expansion packs, Amy, etc. Start with one figure and take it slowly, because you don't know what issues may arise.

It rather sounds like they bit off more than they can chew. If they have such a small staff, maybe they shouldn't have been so ambitious right off the bat with all the other doctors, the expansion packs, Amy, etc. Start with one figure and take it slowly, because you don't know what issues may arise.

So many companies do. Hopefully they got some funding from the BBC since these are officially licensed products. The Beeb does like to protect their properties!

And that's why so many small businesses fail early. I just don't see how it's a smart business plan. It frustrates and drives away the customers who do have issues and can't seem to get responses because the business has already moved on to producing their next product and don't have time for complaints.

I mean, I was all excited to put in a preorder for Amy before, and now I just don't know.

When I made suggestions for future figures or asked about payment options and such, they always replied really quick. When I asked to cancel a figure I got no reply. Make of that what you will.

And that's why so many small businesses fail early. I just don't see how it's a smart business plan. It frustrates and drives away the customers who do have issues and can't seem to get responses because the business has already moved on to producing their next product and don't have time for complaints.

I mean, I was all excited to put in a preorder for Amy before, and now I just don't know.

Yeah. True. I just really want them to succeed. These are looking to be the best 6th scale Who products in some time. And if they can get off the ground they have a good chance to gain other properties. I think why so many 6th scale companies don't make it is that its such a competitive industry. Plus we collectors can get very picky. Its a minor miracle RAH still exisists seeing the crap they put out! I just really hope this isn't the only doctor we see. I really want a full set on my shelf some day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back