New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 from Big Chief Studios!

I don't understand why they made their female figure so alien compared to their male ones. Blank stare, rooted hair, and doll-like facial features. It just seems like such a weird choice.

I have no worry whatsoever that BCS will once again deliver. You just have to talk to them, their enthusiasm and real appreciation is contagious. Even to a terrible old cynic like me!

Yeah unfortunately I just don't like that Amy at all. I'm in for everything else shown so far though.

Once again, thanks for the pics.

Agreed. Really want Amy but it just does seem in the same league as 11.

I am just wondering what that CO Mining Suit will look like on BCS' Tennant figure?

I was watching Impossible Planet/Satan Pit last night and just thinking I'd have to try that once I get the BCS Tennant, though I'm sure plenty of other people will have it before me, if it's like 11. :)

I wonder if BCS will do a new spacesuit for 10?

I don't see why people don't like the Amy figure. I think she looks wonderful. Plus, that's not even the finished figure. They are re-working her body and improving the paint app's. I think the figure is stunning, light years better than the first pics we got of her with her her bulbous head.

If you are happy with it and content to lay down the cash for it then it shouldn't matter to you what others think at the end of the day. We all have our own views and tastes when it comes to these things, and what works for some just may not work as well for others. :)

I don't want to get too nitpicky about it, but the bottom line is I just don't like it enough, simple as that. I don't like the hair (I prefer sculpted, anything else in this scale just looks like strands of nylon line to me), and I hate the hairline. And while the likeness is there, the stunned mullet expression and blank soulless eyes doesn't do it any favours in my opinion.

Now I reserve the right to change my mind if the final release version looks better, and if it does I'd be only too happy to be proven wrong. In fact I'd very much like to be. And if I am then I'll happily buy one at that point. But I just can't take a leap of faith at this price point given what I have seen so far, especially when personally, so far, I'm just not a big fan of what I've seen for the reasons given. Simple as that really.

I'm not so much saying that they should change it to suit me and my tastes as much as I am saying it simply doesn't happen to suit me and my tastes at this point in time, and that is why I so far choose not to invest in this one.

I also think that they should consider an accessory pack for Amy with a sculpted hair head, that way both tastes can be served when it comes to the age old sculpted vs rooted 1:6 scale hair debate. I know I'd pay the extra to have a fully sculpted Amy head that matched and was consistent the fully sculpted nature of the Doctors shown thus far, even if it sacrificed a degree of head movement of whatever.

Just my view anyhow.

If you are happy with it and content to lay down the cash for it then it shouldn't matter to you what others think at the end of the day. We all have our own views and tastes when it comes to these things, and what works for some just may not work as well for others. :)

I don't want to get too nitpicky about it, but the bottom line is I just don't like it enough, simple as that. I don't like the hair (I prefer sculpted, anything else in this scale just looks like strands of nylon line to me), and I hate the hairline. And while the likeness is there, the stunned mullet expression and blank soulless eyes doesn't do it any favours in my opinion.

Now I reserve the right to change my mind if the final release version looks better, and if it does I'd be only too happy to be proven wrong. In fact I'd very much like to be. And if I am then I'll happily buy one at that point. But I just can't take a leap of faith at this price point given what I have seen so far, especially when personally, so far, I'm just not a big fan of what I've seen for the reasons given. Simple as that really.

I'm not so much saying that they should change it to suit me and my tastes as much as I am saying it simply doesn't happen to suit me and my tastes at this point in time, and that is why I so far choose not to invest in this one.

I also think that they should consider an accessory pack for Amy with a sculpted hair head, that way both tastes can be served when it comes to the age old sculpted vs rooted 1:6 scale hair debate. I know I'd pay the extra to have a fully sculpted Amy head that matched and was consistent the fully sculpted nature of the Doctors shown thus far, even if it sacrificed a degree of head movement of whatever.

Just my view anyhow.
The hairline is one of the things BCS will be working on before releasing her.

Didn't Amy wear her hair up a couple of times? That would work out better with sculpted hair- as nice as it sounds in concept for a long-haired figure it always does create problems in dressing and posability. Or ends up looking like the character stuck his/her hair in a vat of Eternal Hold hairspray.

The close up of Amy's sculpt put me back on board for her and if BC is going to fix the hair a lil that just makes it better.

CO also issued a UK only Evolution of the Daleks set with 10 in his blue suit and red shoes, plus a non-RC Dalek Thay, plus a Dalek Sec that was exactly the same as the single boxed version. I think it might have been an Argos exclusive, but I'm not sure since I got mine off eBay.

I was trying to find tha back at the time of release. I never did have any luck.
I'm sure that the BC figure with an inevitable blue suit expansion set will make up for it.

Last edited:

There was talk of a reveal and preorder this month.
That would put it out for release Jan / Feb.

The card next to the 4th Doctor says "Q1" so, it's a good bet 10 will be out in the same quarter. I'd love it if he made it out sooner, but it seems unlikely.

I just wish 11 would show up soon! The dates are all over the place on online shops here in the US. Assuming it shipped out by boat around the same time as the air-mailed ones got to BCS, then that means it's been about 5 weeks. So... long... to... wait.

He's a little large, but really nice.

Off the top of my head:

10 in spacesuit
Martha
Ood
Novice Hame
Dalek Sec Hybrid
Clockwork Man
Judoon Commander
Cyberman
Cyberman Commander
Davros

Is that all?

There were a couple more Cyberman variants, Cyberleader and regular Cyberman with gun arm.

Some decent ref of the variants here https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...maged-cyberman-dr-who-opening-helmet-etc.html.

Last edited:

CO also issued a UK only Evolution of the Daleks set with 10 in his blue suit and red shoes, plus a non-RC Dalek Thay, plus a Dalek Sec that was exactly the same as the single boxed version. I think it might have been an Argos exclusive, but I'm not sure since I got mine off eBay.

WOW! I'd have loved to get my hands on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back