New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 from Big Chief Studios!

BC announced that Tennant will be going up for preorder in September while Tom will be going up in October. I wonder if that time line has changed.....

With this thread at the top of the page with several pages worth of new posts I figured something new must have been shown, but I thought it'd be Tennant related rather than good old Tom.

So what a nice surprise this was, not just in getting a first look at the Tom Baker sculpt, but also in seeing that the Matt Smith piece was no fluke, and that this truly is shaping up to be the quality line long since dreamt of by Who fans like myself.

Great stuff.

That picture is from my favorite episode, "The Deadly Assassin". Don't know why I'm sharing it.

Well, because it meant something to you. It's good to know. My personal favourites are Tom's in and out stories, The Robot and The Planet of The Spiders. Jon and Tom's Doctors were my personal Doctors. So anything from those eras will be viewed favourably by me.

Last edited:

My favorite Tom stories are Robot and Seeds of Death.

Slight adjustment to compensate for some of the wash-out of the picture, and I darkened the jacket (perhaps not quite enough) and the scarf. I think with just a little adjustments to garment color this thing is going to be absolutely perfect. :D

7902310212_036b7076d2_z.jpg

Last edited:

I just watched "The Ark in space" and it wasn't bad. Really like Baker as The Doctor. But boy, what I would give to make those monsters less rubbery, though....

Not me. I love every rubbery monster, flubbed line, and wibbly-wobbly set from the old series. :lol

If I had grown up with it, I'm sure it wouldn't bother me. I'm just accustomed to bad Who special effects being computer generated more often than rubbery arms.

Slight adjustment to compensate for some of the wash-out of the picture, and I darkened the jacket (perhaps not quite enough) and the scarf. I think with just a little adjustments to garment color this thing is going to be absolutely perfect. :D

7902310212_036b7076d2_z.jpg

Nice work! I'm very very excited for this! Tom is my Doctor. Hard to pick a top story, I love them all!

Is there a dvd box set that has all the 4th docs episodes? ..or is there a good site any of you know about that I can download/stream classic Doctor who?

Is there a dvd box set that has all the 4th docs episodes? ..or is there a good site any of you know about that I can download/stream classic Doctor who?

Don't get all of them, (and there is no dvd box set, they're only available individually) get the first three seasons he did plus Destiny of the Daleks and City of Death from Season 17. That's all you need, everything else was pretty rubbish.

Anyone who doesn't like rubber monsters is getting into the wrong show.

With one more individual story to be released (Terror of the Zygons), all of the Tom Baker era will be available on DVD.
There was a partially made "Shada", and it might get a release, but it was never aired, nor was it completed.
Most of the Tom Baker DVDs are pretty cheap thru on line sellers wike Amazon and Play.
Personally, I've been buying every DVD release, but over a period of time (since 2000, when The Five Doctors came out).
There is one box set for Tom, The Key To Time, comprising the whole of the 78/79 season (26 episodes). Worth getting.
However a great start would really be the first DVD "Robot". Great show.

I just watched "The Ark in space" and it wasn't bad. Really like Baker as The Doctor. But boy, what I would give to make those monsters less rubbery, though....

The Ark in Space is wonderful. If you let your imagination go, those "rubbery" monsters are terrifying!

Just buy them one or two at a time in order on DVD. Yes, that will take you a long time. You'll come to understand how much better that is than gobbling his years down all at once. :)

Just buy them one or two at a time in order on DVD. Yes, that will take you a long time. You'll come to understand how much better that is than gobbling his years down all at once. :)

Ya I'd like to savor them, but chances are I could be spending some time in a house without Internet for a while, that Key to time sounds good!:lol

Ya I'd like to savor them, but chances are I could be spending some time in a house without Internet for a while, that Key to time sounds good!:lol

That'll make a great couple of weeks watching!

The Ark in Space is wonderful. If you let your imagination go, those "rubbery" monsters are terrifying!

When you consider what little the Who production staff had to work with, they did a crazy good job.

And 'Genesis of the Daleks' is still one of my favorites. Back then, Davros was truly creepy.

Let's see who remembers this: According to DW legend, one of the Classic monsters was created from a sculpt of a popular TV figure of the day.
1) Which species? 2) On whose face was it based?

I _adore_ that Baker sculpt. And painting is one of those things that can be fixed pretty readily from the prototype.

Loving my Eleven! (watch out for those tiny tiny buttons, yes!- I knocked one of mine partially off and need to reglue it before it disappears into the Void)

p1090196copy.jpg

Last edited:

Dailymotion is your friend for Classic Doctor Who. :wink1: Tardis Media has all of Four's serials, including those not released on DVD like Terror of the Zygons and Shada (the VHS version).

Last edited:

And 'Genesis of the Daleks' is still one of my favorites. Back then, Davros was truly creepy.

Genesis of the Daleks is the scariest and darkest episode of Doctor Who EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back