New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 from Big Chief Studios!

OMG :panic: :panic: :panic: OMG

558652_10151906774876002_1419658146_n.jpg

That is very good indeed, but do the pupils need to be just a little larger, there is an awful lot of 'white' on show. I suspect that it will be moot more-or-less on a 1/6 scale figure, but still.

All in all, another great effort by BCS and a definite 'must buy' from the Woodward family. My son is a total Dr. Who fan, with all the DVDs, most of the smaller figures, all of the C.O. figures and has met probably ore than his fair share of cast members, so it's like part of our collection that is directly connected to him really. He loved the 11th figure and is now wanting this one as much as I do :yess:

The 4th head sculpt is a thing of beauty. So excited. I do hope they plan to darken up that jacket for the final. I'm assuming they're just using this cloth while they work on the cut and fit.

Has the 11th Doctor start to ship to places like BBTS or AlterEgo yet?

Not yet. Those are coming by boat. Which usually takes a month. Hopefully it'll just be a few more weeks, though some sites are saying December. Some October. I REALLY hope the former is not the case.

On a boat, It can take up to three months to arrive.

The 4th head sculpt is a thing of beauty. So excited. I do hope they plan to darken up that jacket for the final. I'm assuming they're just using this cloth while they work on the cut and fit.

Agreed. It would be the right red for Tom's first season, but not for this particular jacket. I'm super happy with the head sculpt and so so glad they didn't go for the grinning head just yet.

Grinning head with hat as an expansion pack perhaps.

That's a really great sculpt.

I should leave it there really, but...

I'll say it again, the sculpt is excellent, Tom is a notoriously hard face to sculpt, and they've captured it perfectly. It is also slightly less shallow then the sculpt for 11. I also like the choice of expression. I do think there is something slightly wrong about the expression - a criticism I can only make because the quality of the sculpt is so high; when Tom does that expression he looks slightly less panicked (I agree there's too much eye white on show) and slightly more 'inward' and alien and 'unimpressed'. There's a remoteness to his eyes when he does that expression rather than the intense focus we see here. As for the skin I would have liked to see it slightly more textured and slightly less smooth, or at least, to see things move that way in future offers.

Okay, yes I'm being super-picky but I'm not discussing this with someone on a bus I'm in a thread devoted to these figures!

As for the paint job it looks a little washed out but so does the whole picture including the scarf so I'm not reading anything into that. The scarf is a disappointment, and not just the colour but the texture. I guess it would have cost too much to knit it, but then I hope the colours are brighter to compensate in terms of visual interest for the bland texture of the scarf.

This is just constructive criticism, I'd order the figure in that picture tomorrow if I could. And I applaud the choice of expression, because it's interesting and different, although what I really want is a smiling Tom because that's how I like to see the character.

EDIT: actually, I was a little unkind about the skin being too smooth when you look at it in different lights it does look more textured. Great!!!!

That is very good indeed, but do the pupils need to be just a little larger, there is an awful lot of 'white' on show. I suspect that it will be moot more-or-less on a 1/6 scale figure, but still.

Looks right on to me.

tom-baker-postcard-v1-large.jpg

It looked right from the off with me.
Question is, how detailed will the jelly babies be? What expression will they use. Will they do the Bassetts family of different shapes?? All these questions and more will be answered in the next... Oh, that's another show.

I think he looks fantastic, and the amount of white in his eyes is spot on.

It does say on the fb page that its
Just a quick iPhone snap and the texture is there in real life.

Big chief lets have a better shot please

Oh by the way looks great

Last edited:

Comparing an iPhone snap of my 11 to the real thing is not doing it any justice at all. This 4 should be stunning in real life.

Finally, the Doctor!

That's not true for me yet. An Awesome Doctor, but not THE Doctor-MY Doctor.

I've only caught a couple episodes of the Baker series, but I'll likely be getting this guy anyway.

That's not true for me yet. An Awesome Doctor, but not THE Doctor-MY Doctor.

I've only caught a couple episodes of the Baker series, but I'll likely be getting this guy anyway.

Oooh... you've got some great TV ahead of you to watch then! There's good reason to call Baker THE Doctor.

Oooh... you've got some great TV ahead of you to watch then! There's good reason to call Baker THE Doctor.

The little I've seen is great. I'm gonna be catching up in the coming weeks, since I've arbitrarily decided to do so.

Indeed! Seasons 12-14 (and Horror of Fang Rock) are the golden age of Who imo.

No love for Jon Pertwee & Bessie?:(

Pertwee is my third favorite Doctor! (After Tom and David.) But BC hasn't announced any products with him yet. Let's hope they get to him in 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back