New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 from Big Chief Studios!

Probably a stupid question but since I'm still awaiting my figure will I more then likely be near the end of the 250? ..I know there just numbers but I still wouldn't like to be too near the end.

Probably a stupid question but since I'm still awaiting my figure will I more then likely be near the end of the 250? ..I know there just numbers but I still wouldn't like to be too near the end.

I don't know, I ordered from the moment they went live, how that equates to me getting the 28th out of the 250 I don't know. There are certainly 27 others ahead of mine...:pfft:

:wink1:

Mine was one of the first and is 118. So it's a gamble. Would be awesome to have 250 though.

I don't think the pricepoint was the problem with the tonner ones. Both the 10 and the Jack Harkness IMHO weren't good likenesses,... but I've never been a fan of the tonner lines.

In theory mine should be coming sometime this week. I'm sure I'll miss it the first say as I'm sure it'll come signature required and I'll be at work.

In theory mine should be coming sometime this week. I'm sure I'll miss it the first say as I'm sure it'll come signature required and I'll be at work.

Absolutely ridiculous!!:slap you already paid for a signature! ..:monkey3

All true.
Its hard to simply claim production costs justify the high price when other companies are putting out higher quality for a similar price.

....though to be fair, while when this was first announced it may have seemed expensive, thankfully Hot Toys have come to the rescue with their decision to rip people off as much as possible with the Avengers line and specifically Iron Man 7 and Hulk.

In comparison this suddenly looks quite reasonable at $200 (from BBTS) :rotfl

And though time will tell, if Big Chief can guarantee a higher QC than Enterbay and Hot Toys sometimes sloppy efforts, the higher price is also justified. I know I don't mind paying a little more for the better factory effort rather than HT and EB's constant shoulder shrugging at their errors. Initially at least it seems QC is very important to Big Chief here....

Keep in mind, too, that BC is creating some things now (body sculpts in particular) that may not be as much of a factor later on. The costs for R&D can be killing for a small business. Even for the variations that will inevitably come up (tall and short male and female figure bodies) a lot of the design process is being worked out now.
I'm also sure, as BC representatives read these threads, they are seeing what an impact it makes when companies *aren't* attentive to quality control. As a small, new company they know this is a point that could literally make or break them- they can't afford to toss out a half-hearted product and say 'you don't like it, too bad'. (This is my first foray into high-end figures, so I'm a bit astounded to read of companies that have that very attitude toward their customers.)

Watching and waiting 'til he gets here, :)))

K.

Mine is due to arrive Friday . I get all my stuff delivered to my office , !

Absolutely ridiculous!!:slap you already paid for a signature! ..:monkey3

391502_10151088791467978_185671832_n.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol

BCS just posted this with the caption "Forthcoming"

578829_10151882881601002_355104308_n.jpg

I started watching Doctor Who with Pyramids of Mars! It'd be amazing to have that as the first one. I prefer it to the Robot look everyone seems to do first.

fourth_doctor.jpg

BCS just posted this with the caption "Forthcoming"

578829_10151882881601002_355104308_n.jpg
I'm going to start saving 4 this now! :thud:

BTW, insanely jealous of those of you have/are getting 11; he looks fantastic!

I wonder if, because of the female body issues they're having with Amy, we might even see this before her?

So im guessing there is no word on 10 yet?

Aaagh. I'm on the fence about Four. I already have a figure of him. Although this outfit looks better. I might buy parts. Or just have two.

AAAAGH I CANNOT RESIST THE POWER OF THE BIG CHIEF SIDE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back