New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 from Big Chief Studios!

Got my doc this morn, number 33/250 and I must say they did a great job, the paint on the sculpt is very clean and nothing at all like those first prototype pics ..the tailoring ir really good but you need to play around with the jacket to make it look right, the collar however I'm not crazy about.

In the end I switched out the head for my billyb sculpt for now because as good as there sculpt is I hate the short hair and the dead centered eyes.

BCS just posted this with the caption "Forthcoming"

578829_10151882881601002_355104308_n.jpg

I had an email from Mark telling me to look out for both 10 and 4,

Thanks again Daron.
Wait until you see Ten and Four!
Best
Mark

so maybe a 10-tease coming soon too?

Also, perhaps that should be "Fourthcoming"

Ahaha, Ahaha, Ahaohnevermind!

Got my doc this morn, number 33/250 and I must say they did a great job, the paint on the sculpt is very clean and nothing at all like those first prototype pics ..the tailoring ir really good but you need to play around with the jacket to make it look right, the collar however I'm not crazy about.

In the end I switched out the head for my billyb sculpt for now because as good as there sculpt is I hate the short hair and the dead centered eyes.

What sculpt is that? Can you share a picture?

O great just discovered my body is broken, the joint where the shoulders connect to the body inside the torso has snapped on his left side!:( ..I'm going to have to contact bc and see about a replacement, but I just hate having to go trough all that bother!

Are you sure it didn't snap when you pulled the head off, or pushed it back on. In one of those pics, the shoulder looks seriously dislocated.

Are you sure it didn't snap when you pulled the head off, or pushed it back on. In one of those pics, the shoulder looks seriously dislocated.

I never felt it break, the arm remained snug until I tried to pose it, and then it popped out! at first i thought the arm might have popped out of the ball socket or something but after looking into the chest cavity I noticed a clean break, weather I broke it or it arrived this way I don't know for sure but what I do know is that after paying what I did to get this figure the body should be a able to achieve a simple pose without breaking!:dunno

I will strip down the body later and have a better look at the break, if it's something I can fix myself with glue then happy days but if not then I believe I'm entitled to a body replacement.

That is a real shame.

That's what I was thinking too. No one is playing any blame game here, I simply just wonder where I'd be applying pressure during the swap/removal of a head? I wonder how I would apply a grip, where would I hold?

Is it possible? I was quite vigorous with mine and nothing has gone 'pop' as yet, but I do not have a swap out head to use so the stresses and strains would be different..? :dunno

That said, the guys at BCS have been about as up-front as any can be, so there should be no real problem should the worst come to the worst.

The BobbyB head looks just like Adric, with Matt Smith's hair.

:rotfl
Adric in deed!! I have to say that I do prefer the BC head.
With the ganger head coming, BC are intending the heads to be removed, replaced and otherwise pulled apart.

That's what I was thinking too. No one is playing any blame game here, I simply just wonder where I'd be applying pressure during the swap/removal of a head? I wonder how I would apply a grip, where would I hold?

Is it possible? I was quite vigorous with mine and nothing has gone 'pop' as yet, but I do not have a swap out head to use so the stresses and strains would be different..? :dunno

That said, the guys at BCS have been about as up-front as any can be, so there should be no real problem should the worst come to the worst.

I could have very well have broken it, but I have swapped out heads on various figures over the years and never before has it resulted in a breakage, I'm currently charging up my phone to take some more pics of the broken body to send to big chief as they said they will replace it for me once I've done that.

Upon inspecting the break I'm not surprised it broke, it broke where a small screw was drilled into a plastic plug thus weakening the surrounding plastic. You will have a better idea once I post a close up pic, I'm not explaining it very well!:lol

To each there own but I honestly prefer it over the big chief sculpt and not just because of the series 5 hair.

So im guessing there is no word on 10 yet?

Seeing as the 10 announcement seems to have disappeared from their site, I doubt we'll hear anything soon.

I'd say they're probably in a bit of a quandry as far as that goes right now.

They probably want to get the whole Amy situation sorted out before moving on to brand new pieces, but at the same time they can't afford to wait too long to announce the next 'must have' piece for Who fans or else they run the serious risk of the line losing momentum, and collectors being drawn elsewhere.

Personally, I kind of expect some sort of announcement at least to celebrate Who's return to screens when that hits in the new however many weeks, just to ride that wave a bit, but I guess we'll see.

Even though my Eleven hasn't arrived yet, I'm seriously looking forward to Ten and Four, and the rest as well. If they maintain, or better, the quality of this one then I'm all in on the other ten Doctors and any/all of the Masters, at the very least.

Hell, I'm still open to buying an Amy if they release a head pack of her with sculpted hair.

Well they kind-of announced 4 yesterday. I would be surprised if they don't put up a new pre-order, either for 10 or 4, before Amy comes out. The most important thing is getting the figures right, not quick. They seem to understand this.

HOLY SMOKE fellas! They are just getting the wheels properly under the 11th Doctor! And those are just the Signature Editions, I think! Then they have another 2000 to deal with one-way-or-another...

And folks on here are expecting a new figure announcement straight away? Not highly realistic is it?

Can we just give these fine folks a break? We know of an Amy (and about why she is delayed, none of which they had to tell us, but they did anyway), we know of a 1/6 Weeping Angel in the works and of a #10 and we have just been teased with a #4.

Good grief, how much more do they think they can tell us?

Originally Posted by Niceman
Well they kind-of announced 4 yesterday. I would be surprised if they don't put up a new pre-order, either for 10 or 4, before Amy comes out. The most important thing is getting the figures right, not quick. They seem to understand this

Thank you Niceman.

I don't think a Who line needs to worry about momentum. Well, not the older characters anyway.

They've actually timed this perfectly. We're all getting 11 right before the new season starts.

BCS just posted this with the caption "Forthcoming"

[IMG]https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/578829_10151882881601002_355104308_n.jpg

That's more like it, THE Doctor, the genuine article! :clap

Subject to final quality I'll get at least 2, maybe more if accessory packs with other headsculpts and costumes are made available.

Subject to final quality I'll get at least 2, maybe more if accessory packs with other headsculpts and costumes are made available.

I'd love to have one classic and one in red... Hmm. May have to save! :horror

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back