New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 announcement!

Any chance BC could update us on Ten? I was wondering, which suit will we be getting first? I LOVE the blue suit.

That 10th doctor figure we could see from afar at that recent toy fair looked to be in the blue suit( so was that a proto big chief figure or was it a fan made figure as I remember someone saying?), although the picture of David on the site next to the announcement has him in the brown striped jacket, so that is what I thought they would go with.

Damn! that isn't a very flattering pic of her on the website, it's like Amy years later after she left the Doctor and all that running.

I was thinking that. She looks like the old Amy that Rory left behind because she got old and fat! lol!

That 10th doctor figure we could see from afar at that recent toy fair looked to be in the blue suit( so was that a proto big chief figure or was it a fan made figure as I remember someone saying?), although the picture of David on the site next to the announcement has him in the brown striped jacket, so that is what I thought they would go with.

All the figures of 10 looked a bit dark and kind of bluish even when he was supposed to be in the brown suit, so maybe the light just made it look dark. It's hard to tell because it's so far away.

As for Amy, I keep going back and forth about it. I'm going to wait for more in-hand pictures, I think. It's just a lot of money to commit to a figure I'm a little unsure about.

I thought the 10th Doctor shown was a custom by one of their artists that they were using as a place holder.

I thought the 10th Doctor shown was a custom by one of their artists that they were using as a place holder.

I dunno, how come there was absolutely no close up shots of it? ,had it been there actual proto I could imagine them asking people not to take pictures of it, and I remember someone on here telling us they seen they got a sneak peek at the proto so obviously it's somewhat complete and at a stage where they can display it.

The one showed at Toy Fair was this one. It actually debuted here almost two years ago.

That's actually not a bad sculpt at all, it captures a particular expression of his really well - I'd love to see a really good repaint although I have a feeling the sculpt would be just a little too shallow.

Marfa was right, the blue suit is much smarter. Also, seeing side by side shots with the real thing shows that to capture Tennant BC will need a new body that is spindlier than anything I've ever seen - Tennan't body shape is extraordinary, he looks like a man who's been run over by a steamroller.

The Marfa sculpt is a repaint. It's just the CO Ten head with the hair chopped off and replaced with real hair. This custom is what convinced me I had to get the blue suit Doctor from the UK exclusive set and I was lucky enough to score one from ebay a while ago. The suit is not just better in terms of color, but also the fabric is also much nicer than the brown suit. The tailoring isn't perfect though and a really high end version with the long coat would be a dream come true from Big Chief.

hello fellow whovians, sorry to go slightly off topic, don't worry, i'll get round to expressing my love for these when i have them in hand, the reason i'm posting is i'm currently doing a series of dr who t-shirt designs like the following one https://https://www.redbubble.com/people/damogeekboy/works/8246284-the-tenth-doctor don't worry again, not expecting to pimp my wares here, it's not the time or place, i'm posting to ask.....which three monsters/aliens/villains would you like to see on a tom baker shirt, if you click the link you'll see what i've done with the tennant one, three monsters that define his run, so feel free to give me an idea who you'd like to see in a tom baker one.....or other doctors as it goes too.

I thought she was coming out the same time as 11?

Glad to see the release date pushed to Oct. Between Batman Joker Luke and Eleven I am just about snowed under.

Glad to see the release date pushed to Oct. Between Batman Joker Luke and Eleven I am just about snowed under.

I'm in the same boat. And maybe it will give them a chance to get her paint-job right.

And she's gonna be the same price as Eleven...hmmm...

October makes perfect sense, there's a good chance she'll be leaving the show around that time (They'll probably start screening the first half of the series in September) and people will buy her as a souvenir of Amy.

October makes perfect sense, there's a good chance she'll be leaving the show around that time (They'll probably start screening the first half of the series in September) and people will buy her as a souvenir of Amy.

:lol:lol:lol Expensive souvenir!

:lol:lol:lol Expensive souvenir!

I'm alright with it as long as the figures are good and they get the paint-job right. It's a Hot Toys level price, as long as their quality is HT level, fine. If it's not - these prices may be too high.

I'm alright with it as long as the figures are good and they get the paint-job right. It's a Hot Toys level price, as long as their quality is HT level, fine. If it's not - these prices may be too high.

:exactly:exactly::goodpost:

its a lot of gold for something that isnt too iconic.

the doctors themselves (assuming the quality) arent a problem but the companions.....not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back