New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 announcement!

His rubber shoes had some strange dust-like residue but that didn't bother me. :lol

Phew! The Clockwork dude is ace ain't he!

I didn't find out until long after I got him that the head comes off to reveal the clockwork beneath. That alone makes him worth the price.

His rubber shoes had some strange dust-like residue but that didn't bother me. :lol

That might be the famous white dust that plagued some figures around then. The 5'' Clockwork men's coats and Auton jackets did the same thing. It's apparently mold release or something.

I didn't find out until long after I got him that the head comes off to reveal the clockwork beneath. That alone makes him worth the price.

It is a beautiful thing. I got an extra one the other day as they are still fairly cheap to get and I wanted to keep one in box for safekeeping. I actually have two Judoons (one to display with helmet and one without) and I ordered the Cyber Leader and Cyber Controller to go with my Cyberman.

Things are quiet - any news from BC about when 11 will arrive?

Would be nice to know how Tennant is coming along - there seems to be a lot of Tennant nostalgia around recently as people start to realise that 2005-2009 was a golden age that won't soon be repeated.

BC should take a CO 12" Tennant suit apart and just make a pattern from that - that suit was amazing for a retail figure and it's what CO used to do with PE daleks, taking them apart and copying their electronics.

Would be nice to know how Tennant is coming along - there seems to be a lot of Tennant nostalgia around recently as people start to realise that 2005-2009 was a golden age that won't soon be repeated.

Good thing it won't be repeated as the Smith/Moffat era is much better anyway. IMO

Also the demand for Tennant stuff isn't nearly as big as it used to actually. Though personally I'll be buying the 1/6 Ten if he looks great.

Last edited:

Damn. April will be expensive. 3 Doctors plus probably 2 Amys and 10th Doctor vinyl thingie.

Gold fingernails. :yess:

Signed up for notification but not sure yet if I'm gonna buy her. Didn't want any more 1/6 figures actually but Amy is my favourite companion...though if I do get her the regular edition will do.

I'll probably buy one down the line if in hand pics are impressive, but right now I'm just not all that taken with it to be honest.

Good luck to those who are though.

Roll on Ten...

I signed up for the pre-order, but that latest pic of Amy on BC's site looks terrible. Her face just looks really fat and her eyes look small. I'll see how the other pics look, but that's the least appealing picture I've seen of this figure yet.

Maybe I'll end up waiting until I get my Matt Smith figure before ordering Amy.

Last edited:

That's basically what I'm doing.

One, because I want to see how a final production figure turns out before I lock myself into buying any more, especially at this kind of price point. And two, because I haven't seen a single pic of the Amy so far that has convinced me to go against my instincts and take a second blind leap before the first has even landed. I just haven't been that impressed thus far. Certainly nowhere near as much as I was with the Matt Smith Doctor pics that's for sure.

Some may say I'm being a bit picky, I say at these prices you have to be. Or at least I have to be. :lol

In hand pics of the Amy production piece, in combination with just how impressed (or not) I end up being with Eleven, will be the final deciding factors in this one for me...

One, because I want to see how a final production figure turns out before I lock myself into buying any more, especially at this kind of price point. And two, because I haven't seen a single pic of the Amy so far that has convinced me to go against my instincts and take a second blind leap before the first has even landed. I just haven't been that impressed thus far. Certainly nowhere near as much as I was with the Matt Smith Doctor pics that's for sure.

Some may say I'm being a bit picky, I say at these prices you have to be. Or at least I have to be. :lol

In hand pics of the Amy production piece, in combination with just how impressed (or not) I end up being with Eleven, will be the final deciding factors in this one for me...

I'll be going in.Wish me luck, chaps!!!! :lol

I'll wish you luck if you promise us pics. :p

agreed, i ordered the 11 solely on how impressed i was from the pictures and as much as i want to buy amy i still remain unsure. :monkey2

11 looks great. They just seem to be having a lot of trouble painting Amy.

Damn! that isn't a very flattering pic of her on the website, it's like Amy years later after she left the Doctor and all that running.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back