New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 announcement!

:exactly: one of them is a 1/6 figure.

which one? :) I actually think it looks good but just can't justify spending the $$$ on the Doctor's companions. If they were cheaper, I could justify but I will just stick with the 9th, 10th, and 11th Doctors. I don't see Eccleston doing a signature edition though, but we will see.

which one? :) I actually think it looks good but just can't justify spending the $$$ on the Doctor's companions. If they were cheaper, I could justify but I will just stick with the 9th, 10th, and 11th Doctors. I don't see Eccleston doing a signature edition though, but we will see.

I'm really in no position to be buying the companions myself, I will probably do the same as you and just try and get the last 3 doctors, I notice you have go that Captain harlock? guy in your avy, ever think hot toys are going to release him?

They must be back from their toy fairs now, and still no updates. I am gagging to see the production samples before I blow my wad, if you'll pardon the expression. I need to see what the paintwork looks like.

Does anyone know if Big Chief are going to be at Expo again in May? If so, I might wait until then and see the final production versions before I buy.

The CO 1/6 figures were great for the price point. I wish I'd got the 10 Spacesuit figure which was an Argos exclusive. Where they really scored was witht he tailoring - apparently they worked and worked at it not just until they got it okay but until they got it perfect. For retail 12" figures the silhouette on 10 was sensational.

Here's an idea for BC - any chance of a light up 1/6 sonic screwdriver? If you can get light up R2D2's and even light sabres at 3 3/4 inches then a 1/6 light up sonic screwdriver must be possible.

Here's an idea for BC - any chance of a light up 1/6 sonic screwdriver? If you can get light up R2D2's and even light sabres at 3 3/4 inches then a 1/6 light up sonic screwdriver must be possible.

Thinking about that, they'd need tiny LEDs cos the light and base of a Sonic are much; much smaller than R2-D2 and a Lightsaber. You'd need insanely tiny batteries to not make it look too bulky.

Thinking about that, they'd need tiny LEDs cos the light and base of a Sonic are much; much smaller than R2-D2 and a Lightsaber. You'd need insanely tiny batteries to not make it look too bulky.

Not unless you make the sonic and the hand for it into one piece.

Where could the batteries go and not make an obvious hatch? They could do it IM style but they'd need fiber optics to make sure the maximum of light can make its way to the end of the Sonic.

I'm really in no position to be buying the companions myself, I will probably do the same as you and just try and get the last 3 doctors, I notice you have go that Captain harlock? guy in your avy, ever think hot toys are going to release him?

I have the Medicom Harlock which I think is a great representation of the character. Do I think Hot Toys will release their Harlock figure? Right now I doubt it since the CGI movie that it is based on seems to be stuck unfortunately. All I have seen so far is the trailer that came out a long time ago.

Last edited:

Where could the batteries go and not make an obvious hatch? They could do it IM style but they'd need fiber optics to make sure the maximum of light can make its way to the end of the Sonic.

I'm sure it could be done - like another poster said putting the electronics in the hand - and that we'll see a decent custom soon after the first figure is released. So many people fiddle about with the electronics on their tardis playsets that someone is bound to try it.

Big Chief need to do Arthur, the horse. Signed edition including autograph plaque with hoof imprint. I'd buy it. :lol

WTF you are talking about?What Arthur??

The horse from that episode with Madame de Pompadour, Girl in the Fireplace.

I havent seen that episode.

It's one of my favourite episodes.

I expect if they did release the horse someone would start whining on about the likeness and the cost.

Someone.

I just received my Clockwork Man and Judoon and glad to say I am not disappointed. For this pricepoint they are truly excellent figures. I think they will go really well with BC's line.

I just received my Clockwork Man and Judoon and glad to say I am not disappointed. For this pricepoint they are truly excellent figures. I think they will go really well with BC's line.

Phew! The Clockwork dude is ace ain't he!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back