New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 announcement!

still waiting to see in-hand pictures the Pond Titan bust
have not found any anywhere

I am very excited that David Tennant is next up after Amy.

And I am a little worried about the weeping angels, as I think that exposed joints on their arms could make them look cheap. Hopefully BC will knock them out of the park. :)

I am very excited that David Tennant is next up after Amy.

And I am a little worried about the weeping angels, as I think that exposed joints on their arms could make them look cheap. Hopefully BC will knock them out of the park. :)

I think that if they went the way as the non-rubber muscle bodies Hot Toys does them, they might look really good. We don't need double jointed elbows as they never really bend their arms that far, exept for the covered face pose, but I'd prefer switch-out arms for that because how hard they try, it would look bad. And don't even think about using rubber.

Amy-Pond-Sneak-Peek-Banner.jpg

I like it. I really like what I am seeing from BC.

The hair looks to be done right as well! Great likeness and a great compliment.
Rory and Luftwaffer River? Yes?

Oh, just remembered I've officially secured an SE. Me and Amy are getting married on Christmas day and the SE is what she'll find under the Christmas tree as an aditional wedding gift. :yess:

Oh, just remembered I've officially secured an SE. Me and Amy are getting married on Christmas day and the SE is what she'll find under the Christmas tree as an aditional wedding gift. :yess:

Might have missed something, but doesn't he come out in January/Q1? Or maybe you just leave your Christmas tree up all year? :lol

Might have missed something, but doesn't he come out in January/Q1? Or maybe you just leave your Christmas tree up all year? :lol

We don't take it down until February (it's going up this weekend) and because we can't celebrate it in Q4 this year (due to heaps of planning and work and this and that) we'll celebrate it through all of Q1 next year. :peace

We don't take it down until February (it's going up this weekend) and because we can't celebrate it in Q4 this year (due to heaps of planning and work and this and that) we'll celebrate it through all of Q1 next year. :peace

Better late than never I guess :lol

Cool. I think she wears heavier makeup than that though, most of the time?

I'm not feeling Pond at all personally, not just the rooted hair either, the likeness seems a bit off, and the sculpt itself looks kind of soft and has a bit of a creepy 'real doll' look in that posted pic...I think it's the blank staring eyes that are doing it. :eek:

Hopefully other pics will change my mind, but we'll see. :dunno

Right now this one is looking like a pass for me. At these prices can't afford to be buying anything I don't 100% love.

Last edited:

I'm not feeling Pond at all personally, not just the rooted hair either, the likeness seems a bit off, and the sculpt itself looks kind of soft and has a bit of a creepy 'real doll' look in that posted pic...I think it's the blank staring eyes that are doing it. :eek:

Hopefully other pics will change my mind, but we'll see. :dunno

Right now this one is looking like a pass for me. At these prices can't afford to be buying anything I don't 100% love.

It's funny but this is such a subjective hobby. I read all the fuss about the HT Indiana Jones and I have always thought it looked good, but is actually excellent in hand. Amy, I think, looks perfect....a mixture of wonderment and tentativeness. I guess we all see different things. BC mark one down as sold!:wave

Very true, but at the same time you can only see what you can see, so you have to go with that. I'm happy for those that are happy with this, just doesn't look like I'll be joining them this time around is all. :)

PS. I think Indy looks terrible personally (likeness wise). :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back