New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 announcement!

Looks very good, not perfect (is it ever?), in my opinion. A lot better than the Titan Bust, which has a balloon face.

Very true, but at the same time you can only see what you can see, so you have to go with that. I'm happy for those that are happy with this, just doesn't look like I'll be joining them this time around is all. :)

PS. I think Indy looks terrible personally (likeness wise). :lol

Ex-Parrot, you and I both have the same opinion of Amy and Indy. I thought Amy's eyes looked pretty lifeless, like she had been embalmed.
The cost/liking it ratio is the same for me, too.

The eyes certainly look weird, but it's accurate she looks like that in the show!, my only criticism is that there is no white under her pupils, it does look like she is looking downwards.

The eyes, I kind of agree with, but it's not easy to make such big, characteristic eyes look alive in this scale. I think they needed a little more gloss to them. I do have to say the lighting and angle don't help that much either, but I'm thinking the right pose and lighting can help it a lot.

amy_pond.jpg

DOCTOR-WHO-Season-6-2-550x366.jpg

Hey guys probably another stupid question but i was going to preorder the signature one and under the price it says Ex Tax: £141.66. Is that added to the £169.99 price or what does that mean? I figured out all the conversion to u.s. dollar stuff but didnt know if the total was £310 with the tax. Kinda confused. Any help would be awesome. Thanks.

In the UK there's tax, I think it's 21%? I'm not sure. But the US doesn't so US doesn't have to pay that.

In the UK there's tax, I think it's 21%? I'm not sure. But the US doesn't so US doesn't have to pay that.

Alright so since im located in the u.s. my cost of the figure is going to be £141.66 plus exact shipping, correct? Also does the deposit i make come off the cost of the figure? Sorry for the questions just trying to make sure ive got everything covered.

Alright so since im located in the u.s. my cost of the figure is going to be £141.66 plus exact shipping, correct? Also does the deposit i make come off the cost of the figure? Sorry for the questions just trying to make sure ive got everything covered.

Yes, when you pay the deposit you are given a code, and when it's time to pay off the rest of the figure enter the code at the checkout and the po cost will be subtracted from the full price, you then pay for your shipping.:)

Amy looks great! The likeness is 100% there for me.
There is some weird lifelessness here, I just think it's the eye paint lacking gloss that's doing it.
I hope the production looks a bit better.

I just got the Titan busts and think Amy looks good - but this BCS one looks better. I'd prefer more of an expression, but the hair works very well I think.

A sketch I did of Matt, colored it on illustrator, still very much a noob at that.

Mattpiccomplete.jpg

I just got the Titan busts and think Amy looks good - but this BCS one looks better. I'd prefer more of an expression, but the hair works very well I think.

Any pictures of the busts in-hand? I've been expecting them aswell.

A sketch I did of Matt, colored it on illustrator, still very much a noob at that.

~Snip~

Not bad at all! You've captured his features nicely. One small piece of advice: Try to get his silliness out a bit more, like a little smirk or raised eyebrows.

Not bad at all! You've captured his features nicely. One small piece of advice: Try to get his silliness out a bit more, like a little smirk or raised eyebrows.

Thanks!:), ya I must draw another with a smile perhaps, but I do love that look of despair in both Matt and David.

Thanks!:), ya I must draw another with a smile perhaps, but I do love that look of despair in both Matt and David.

Agreed, they look good like that. Matt looks sad and David looks troubled when they are in need of help, though not admitting it. Still, great drawing and the colouring is coming along nicely. :peace

please post pics
I have been dying for pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back