New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this summary Daron. That does actually sound great... hmm, i drank a latte last week from a china cup for the first time ever - maybe I can make myself listen to this. Kudos to Eamon for interviewing BC.

Surely the main character in Jaws is the fish?!?

I think a classic Trek line would be a great idea; although it doesn't personally interest me I can see the appeal and I'm sure it would look wonderful. But before BC tackle a line like this, aren't there genre shows closer to home they could do? I bet they could sell a thousand pieces of a Prisoner figure.

And finally, so pleased that BC are considering a Hartnell preorder. I would love it if they released it with two heads - a hatless Hartnell and a Hartnell with Astrakhan hat, scarf and cape (CO/ Underground Toys released two versions so there's obviously a market for them).

EDIT: Bolland Dredd at 1/6 would... it would be FANTASTIC!

Great podcast Eamon! I have just listened to it.

Great to hear that Mark from BCS has in fact listened to/realised themselves that a Hartnell PO for the 50th anniversary is a great idea and will press on with that.

Great to hear that SSF got a name check too!

To hear Marks 'dream projects' to do...TREK at 1/6 which has never been done, also JAWS (?) the three main characters each with a 'gruesome' body part accessory...which is an intriguing idea. Not sure about the 1:4 or 1:2 scale E.T. though. Everyone loved the JUDGE DREDD and all things 2000A.D. idea at 1:6.

Bond and the Beatles. It was interesting to hear that the 'likeness rights' is the main problem with them. Such a shame.

Great programme Eamon.

Oh great, I am really happy folks are liking our show.

I hope you guys can stick around for more recordings and indeed more interviews.

We got some more guests on the way! :)

I just hope they don't try to tackle too much, too soon, and let either quality suffer, or cripple themselves financially, as I have seen both of those things sink once promising companies like this way too many times...

With the amount of stuff already out there, I'd wait until another company owning the same licence quits or expires or whatever. It's easier for collectors to switch from one company to another instead of taking another company's merch into the same budget.

I just hope they don't try to tackle too much, too soon, and let either quality suffer, or cripple themselves financially, as I have seen both of those things sink once promising companies like this way too many times...

Good advice, although if anything they seem to have been rather cautious (not over-cautious, just cautious).

I've said this before, but if they can't get Bond they should try and do:

A Sean Connery Figure from Marnie

Roger Moore from The Persuaders

Pierce Brosnan from The Thomas Crown Affair

Daniel Craig from Layer Cake

Can't think of one for Timothy Dalton but the George Lazenby figure could be of him in his breakthrough role of the Fry's Chocolate Bar man!

Some lovely Hartnell era goodness here regarding a shoot that took place this morning for the 'birth of Who' drama - they recreated the famous scene from the Dalek Invasion of Earth of the daleks crossing Westminster Bridge:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0156mtj

C'mon BC, make a Hartnell / Dalek two pack happen!

Also, The Tenth Planet is going to be released on DVD at the end of the year with the last episode animated - again, another big piece of promotion for the Hartnell era. All the stars are aligning for a Hartnell figure!

st--1q13.jpg

Well...I suppose it would save on the packaging...

And BC need to get in befor Biff Bang Pow release their 8" version.

Some lovely Hartnell era goodness here regarding a shoot that took place this morning for the 'birth of Who' drama - they recreated the famous scene from the Dalek Invasion of Earth of the daleks crossing Westminster Bridge:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0156mtj

C'mon BC, make a Hartnell / Dalek two pack happen!

Also, The Tenth Planet is going to be released on DVD at the end of the year with the last episode animated - again, another big piece of promotion for the Hartnell era. All the stars are aligning for a Hartnell figure!

That is great news about The Tenth Planet being released, I hope the filmed regeneration scene is included, even if only as an extra.

It has already been confirmed that the regeneration will be included as an extra, while the entire episode itself will be animated, including the brief clips that still survive.

It'll be interesting to see how this animation turns out given that unlike with Reign of Terror, they have a complete set of telesnaps to work with this time. Also they now have the software developed, and a better idea of what works and what doesn't, which will help them avoid the expensive mistakes that were naturally made while trying to develop this system and style of animation the first time around.

Hopefully there's exciting times ahead as far as restoring incomplete Hartnell and Troughton stories into an easily watchable visual format goes.

Last edited:
I'm not getting my hopes up about any figures that might
be forthcoming from Big Chief until they are actually available for purchase.

I had a wonderful friend for many years. He had his heart set on something that I told him might not happen. The thing did not happen for him, and he was terribly disappointed.

This is why I won't get excited about any Big Chief Doctor figures until they are in my collection. :)

My 11th arrived this morning and i'm overall really happy-except one thing,his hair "loss".He has all his hair but when i touched it and slightly rubbed my finger on them the paint rubbed off.I do that to test any "weak" paint and i was right.I put polish to it around 3 times.Do you think the paint will continue to rub off?

Hmm.... yeah, that's the first I've heard of issues with his hair paint! I grab the head of mine by the sides to move it because I try to avoid touching the face paint and never had an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back