New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 from Big Chief Studios!

If it has arrived in Belgium already you'd think it shouldn't take much longer to Germany but as my parcels from the UK usually take around 10 days I kinda doubt I'll get it this week. :(

I can't get friend face, well it was my compu'ter, but I tried turning it off then on again and it was fine (after I had plugged it in)

Still waiting for mine to arrive!

:rotfl:rotfl Maybe it's an overheating problem?

He looks great! Can't wait to see more pics.

*edit* thanks for the link david, it just didn't work for me.

Last edited:

Still not liking the clumpy looking strands of hair but apart from that he looks like a winner, may have the eyes repainted looking up more as I hate the dead straight forward eyes.

still not managed to unbox mine yet despite being sat right next to me but pics are looking really good so far..

I've got a few QC issues with certain bits but overall it's definitely a good piece. Still behind HT but miles better than SS. Miles.

I just paid. $245 and change.

I am liking what I have seen so far. It's funny to read a few people's "critiques" at other sites. One dude is made because he doesn't like Matt's sig. :lol

I am liking what I have seen so far. It's funny to read a few people's "critiques" at other sites. One dude is made because he doesn't like Matt's sig. :lol

Galifrey base by any chance?

Galifrey Base indeed. Oblivion, specifically.

I used to read Galifrey base allot but towards the end of last year it just seemed that you couldn't have a conversation about the new episodes without pages and pages of flame wars erupting comparing the old series to the new series and people just spewing venomous hate towards the writers and actors. I might give it another go when the new series starts up later this month.

On a related note to this figure, I was glad to see Matt Smith has signed up into 2014 as well.

Not agreeing with him but there is a reason behind it. The sig is slightly different in the photo of Matt signing it than the one everyone seems to be getting.

Not agreeing with him but there is a reason behind it. The sig is slightly different in the photo of Matt signing it than the one everyone seems to be getting.

I guess for the promotion pic his signature had a little more effort put into it, but when it came to actually signing 250 of them he used that quick one, at the end of the day it's still his signature and that is what we paid extra for.

Exactly.
My only complaint about it is that it isn't stuck to the plaque. Fiddling about with the sticky back to get it straight I am not looking forward to it. I always mess that up.

My signature is slightly different every time too. Is it not reasonable to assume his would be also. But I thought the signature edition was a waste of money anyway - beautiful signature or not.

My only complaint about it is that it isn't stuck to the plaque. Fiddling about with the sticky back to get it straight I am not looking forward to it. I always mess that up.

You have to stick it onto the plaque? Lame :monkey4

I think he looks amazing! Can't wait to see more pics. I really can't wait until he gets here to the States. I'm so happy with the way he turned out. It think they really kept the quality up in production. Not totally sold on the jacket yet. But I think it looks good enough. I wasn't expecting Hot Toys quality right out of the gate. Do I wish this was a bit cheaper? Sure, but for the level of quality you get and the detail and the small edition size... it doesn't seem too bad. I'm sure the license isn't cheap either.

As for the signature... well, that's pretty much what I expected it to look like. Which is why, personally, I didn't bother. Having to stick it on the plaque is a bit lame, but I don't think it's that big of a deal, really.

I think he looks amazing! Can't wait to see more pics. I really can't wait until he gets here to the States. I'm so happy with the way he turned out. It think they really kept the quality up in production. Not totally sold on the jacket yet. But I think it looks good enough. I wasn't expecting Hot Toys quality right out of the gate. Do I wish this was a bit cheaper? Sure, but for the level of quality you get and the detail and the small edition size... it doesn't seem too bad. I'm sure the license isn't cheap either.

As for the signature... well, that's pretty much what I expected it to look like. Which is why, personally, I didn't bother. Having to stick it on the plaque is a bit lame, but I don't think it's that big of a deal, really.

I fully endorse this man's post. :lecture :clap:goodpost: :lol

As much as I like to have the rare and exclusive versions of whatever, I thought a signature was always going to be kind of a yawner.

Looking forward to my figure. I think it was a little over-priced. I could have gotten it for roughly $35 cheaper if I bought from BBTS instead, but I wanted to support the new company. Hoping it's all high quality when it arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back