New Doctor Who 1:6 from Big Chief Studios!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Doctor Who 1:6 and 1:4 from Big Chief Studios!

What do you guys think of the latest production sneak previews?

ZVtJP.jpg

24TeE.jpg

These were posted on the BC FB page.

Not sure I like the paint job on the hair, but it looks good, and I have zero interest in the ganger Doc.

What do you guys think of the latest production sneak previews?

ZVtJP.jpg

24TeE.jpg

These were posted on the BC FB page.

Well, it looks fine, but I can't get excited while the first figure isn't even out yet!

This head is a very poor decision on Big Chief's part. Not only is it of no interest to many people, but it seems almost insulting to work on obscure variants when the regular figure (or any figure for that matter) has yet to be delivered.

This head is a very poor decision on Big Chief's part. Not only is it of no interest to many people, but it seems almost insulting to work on obscure variants when the regular figure (or any figure for that matter) has yet to be delivered.

Well, you may be overstating the point.... But I agree that they should be focused on the first release now and not accessories. Honestly I just wish they could give us a hard date so we could plan financially. For all I know the figure could ship in the coming weeks or not until Christmas!

Isn't Ganger going to be just an accessories set - not a full variant? I have to admit I have no interest in it either - but good on them for doing some chancy and obscure stuff. I just hope they don't spend too much money on this kind of thing so that it kills the line.

Release the original figures first then talk to us about variants!
I want the Doctah already!

Release the original figures first then talk to us about variants!
I want the Doctah already!

As the post right above says, this isn't a variant figure, it's part of an accessories pack. One of a few that has been announced for quite a while yet.

The thing is that is funny is that it's not like working on this is taking away from the Doctor getting finished. The Doctor was in the production stage at the factory. It only makes sense for them to be sculpting and working on future product while the other product is getting produced. It's very possible to do both at once. Either that or they'd be sitting around for the phone to ring in case the factory called. :)

That being said, I do hope the Doctor comes out soon. I have a ton of Avengers in the wings, and if I get knee-deep in that stuff I may decide I can't get this.

Big Chief has one employee that does everything.
Bob is sitting there right now yelling, "sure I should be straightening out production issues on the first Doctor, but I'll work on a ganger head instead lulz!"

Does anyone even want this Ganger head?

The fact not a single person has left a comment to that effect shows what a poor use of resources this will likely turn out to be.

Once you have an established record of cash flow and product release cycles, then you can take some risks. There is just no rational business sense in spending time on something like this Ganger head until we all have the three NuWho doctors, their companions, Captain Jack, Sally Sparrow, River Song, Mickey, etc.

Not interested in Ganger Doc either. I'd rather see the Stetson head. Cowboy Doc variant is a must-have for me since I also collect western stuff.

What is this crap? Where is Baker?/??/

This is apparently a variant head of the current Doctor.

As for Baker, whether it be Tom or Colin I think the best option at this point in time is the custom route as I don't think Big Chief have any Classic Doctors in their plans.

Or if they do the chances of seeing any before we've all regenerated a few times would appear to be minimal.

As for Baker, whether it be Tom or Colin I think the best option at this point in time is the custom route as I don't think Big Chief have any Classic Doctors in their plans.

Or if they do the chances of seeing any before we've all regenerated a few times would appear to be minimal.

Remember those pics of Arthur Darvill checking out the figures at some show?, there was a display of what looked like a load of reference material for Tom Baker, I'm pretty sure they will do him after Tennant be it another 1/6 or there first 1/4 piece.

lol. No comment from me.

Remember those pics of Arthur Darvill checking out the figures at some show?, there was a display of what looked like a load of reference material for Tom Baker, I'm pretty sure they will do him after Tennant be it another 1/6 or there first 1/4 piece.

No, as I've not been following the thread very long....I don't even know who Arthur Darvill is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back