New Diorama Build: Dagobah - Luke meets Yoda

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Craig, have you done any more to this project? It's been a while.

I was thinking just last night I need to get back at it. Thanks for the encouragement :hi5:

Life went a bit sideways on me around the time of my last entry: The wife and I gave birth to a 19 year old girl. :lol I basically have guardianship of my 19yr old 2nd cousin for the near future. I got her driver's license, got a car, hooked her up with a job etc. Life has been crazy, but good crazy.

She's 'established' now, so time to get back to work/play :) :duff

7bbb460259a3fe56bb80d9d302247a12.jpg

e6fddb3fc4d3956d4abb8a18d19e9dd3.jpg

213734061cb5241e683501f686d7a54a.jpg

Two boxes are just preliminary coats.

b091ba858cb669655d2dad989358a3e8.jpg

Few more things go in this box. And few things not finished painting....ex: black boxes are gold in the movie.

Last edited:
I have no idea how you scratch build all of these things..:it’s brilliant and looks like a lot of talent and hard work. I wish I could do that.

I have no idea how you scratch build all of these things..:it’s brilliant and looks like a lot of talent and hard work. I wish I could do that.

Thanks :hi5: Everything is polystyrene, pretty much. Just getting various shapes and sizes, then determining how what you have can work :)

Holy hell, Craig!!! That looks like real mud! How the hell did you do that?!

Don't know if you backtracked to post #129: I globbed melted polystyrene (styrene dissolved in the bonding agent) onto him to get the 'bulk' of the mud. Paint alone won't give the mass/weight of mud.

NO turning back, I'd never get this crap off him again, so it's "all in". :lol There's a ton of it on him, esp his left foot. If you look at stills, it hides much of the detail of his left foot.

Then layered some brown paint, applying more heavily on the bottom half of him. Then I blended a darker grey and black to taste, until it looked like the mud color in stills.

Just gotta be patient and not slap it on there. Layer, layer, layer. :)

Back