New DID Samurai Takeda Shingen!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$400+ is definitely expensive for a "12 but the detail on these guy's and the low production numbers were worth it for me even though my wallet is hurting, here's a few pics I posted in another thread as I totally missed this one :google

wireless307.jpg

wireless306.jpg

wireless305.jpg

wireless309.jpg

wireless311.jpg

wireless312.jpg

wireless313.jpg

wireless314.jpg

Re: DiD's Takeda Shingen Samurai

I don't think the mods are going to delete this thread or move it even. Things aren't that strict around here.

I would like to hear your thoughts on a comparison between the two figures. In any event I hope to get my hands on an international version as soon as possible. One thing for sure is it's hard to pose these standing.

Hey! What the...... Where did the pics go? Come back Chen. ......Oh the inhumanity.:monkey2

OFF topic, but I don't feel like starting a threa for this, does anyone know what happened to DID's second wave of Lord of the Rings figures? I really wanted those Orcs.

creecher said:
I don't think the mods are going to delete this thread or move it even. Things aren't that strict around here.

Takeda is definately more detailed than Date, I don't know if DiD used a different body or maybe it's just mine but Takeda's joints seem to be noticeably stronger than Date's and the sword stands are made of different materials as I can feel the weight difference between the two, outside of that the detail Takeda appears to me to be the better of the two and they definitely compliment each other.

Last edited:

denger4000 said:
OFF topic, but I don't feel like starting a threa for this, does anyone know what happened to DID's second wave of Lord of the Rings figures? I really wanted those Orcs.
They canceled it. DID apparently didn't have the license for LOTR so says the Sideshow people. Have patience, I'm sure Sideshow will make a few Orcs and such.

The DID North American Distributer came through for me, I got my replacement Kabuto. So I believe him when he says there will be a International version of Takeda Shingen. But since it's already March, I'd suspect the date he gave me was off.

From what I read an internatinal ver is coming out a few month's after the Japanese version, probably like the Date version was

Doomhammer said:
There will be an international release, modellersloft expects to have it in stock in about 6 weeks.

So will the price be about the same as Date then...around $135.00? That would be excellent!:chew

Doomhammer said:
No info there yet...
In the meantime, let's get all worked up about this one:

Woh, Now I bet that one will be expensive!
I'll be lucky if I just get the international version.
(must not look at image, must not look at image)

screamingmetal said:
Woh, Now I bet that one will be expensive!
I'll be lucky if I just get the international version.
(must not look at image, must not look at image)

:google Un-freakin'-believable! Thanks for posting this! It says each figure will be individually serial numbered. Unfortunately, I think the horse is just shown for display purposes...I couldn't make out anything that says the horse fig is included! :monkey2 Any chance you could post a link to the picture? (There might be some more info about the horse written there somewhere!) :monkey5

I tried to find these here in Japan recently, as they were supposed to be released at the end of February, but so far no sign of 'em! So I guess they either haven't been released yet or sold out in a heartbeat! I'm going to keep watching, though, just in case...:D

Mudshark said:
Any chance you could post a link to the picture? (There might be some more info about the horse written there somewhere!)

Clicking the picture leads you here https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63997
but you'll see that it is most guessing as well. In any case it has been said here and there that DiD would indeed do a series of horses so I think we just need to hang thight and save up.
I've seen someone here post his Takeda so they must have been released there right?

Doomhammer said:
Clicking the picture leads you here https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63997
but you'll see that it is most guessing as well. In any case it has been said here and there that DiD would indeed do a series of horses so I think we just need to hang thight and save up.
I've seen someone here post his Takeda so they must have been released there right?

Thanks for the info! Someone did mention plans for horses to go with the samurai line, but that's the first I've heard of it! I'd really like to see what DiD comes up with, if that's true. Japanese horses were closer to ponies in size, not the big warhorses they currently use in movies and TV dramas. The one in the photo looks about the right size, so maybe it's the real deal! BTW, the guy who posted pix of his Takeda figure didn't sound like a Japanese to me (most people don't use the word "Jap" as an abbreviation here!), but to answer your last question, I'm not sure if they've been released in Japan yet. Maybe I missed 'em somehow!
:horror

I really hope that's not the case! I want to snag one, even if I have to buy it stateside. Anyway, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know if you find out anything definite about the horses, and I'll do the same! :D

It looks like the horse is sold separately for $45UK
I think it looks awesome.

That's much cheaper then I thought it would be. That converts to about $87 in US currency. Still, it's a bit pricey for me. If this is fully articulated, it would be worth the price.

Gruff Old Bear said:
If you check the photo, the horse's front horseshoes are on upside down...DiD doesn't usually make mistakes like that...

DiDhorse.jpg
If you collect the WWII and Napoleanic figures you'll notice DiD actually make tons of mistakes similar to this. But the figures are still excellent overall and a good value. You just need to fix certain little "quirks" they have. It's really a neat rampant pose that I've never seen in a 1/6th horse before and is very appealing to go with the samurai. My only question relates to the size of the horse. He looks kind of large for the type being portrayed. Still a minor qualm. Looks great.

Thanks for posting this much nicer photo. The horse looks just about the right size to me...if he were down on all fours I think he'd actually appear as short as he ought to be in relation to the figure. Anyway, it's hard to tell what sort of articulation there is (if any) from this photo, unless it's of internal bendable wire variety. I like the way the fur looks in this photo, too. I hope the horses will be available for preorder in the USA soon...if not, then Modeller's Loft it is! The reversed horseshoes shouldn't be too hard to fix. I guess the folks at DID don't know a heck of a lot about horses! :rolleyes:
:chew

Back