New DID Samurai Takeda Shingen!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DID has pics up of the international version of Takeda Shingen:
https://www.onlinedid.com/products/samurai/70002b/
70002b-1.jpg

70002b-2.jpg

70002b-5.jpg

70002b-8.jpg

70002b-9.jpg

I kind of prefer the international head sculpt, but the regular non shouting haedsculpt looks pretty good.

My all-time favorite figure company. If they could improve on their base bodies they would forever be the greatest collectible pieces around. Stupid DiD figures suck for standing on their own without bases. Ugh, they always flop over. Not like DCD 13" line that hold their stance on their own. Would take an earthquake at 10.0 on the richter scale to get those bloody things to fall over.

Dayam! Those're some great pix of Shingen, thanks for putting 'em up for us to drool over! :monkey5 Btw, I contacted a couple of places in the states and they believe the horse will be available too! No confirmation or prices yet, but it'll probably arrive around the same time as the Int'l figure. Still no idea if it's gonna be articulated or not...I really hope it has some articulation in the legs at least!:rock :rock :rock

Wow! DiD is really cranking out some cool figures! I love the Masamune figure. I'm probably gonna pass on this one since I can't really imagine what I'd do with 2 heavy-ass Samurais... but I love seeing the work!

I'm glad DiD is pushing this line. Someday I hope they come out with a Kato Kiyomasa.

It seems like they're focused pretty much on Sengoku-jidai (Warring States Period) figures at the moment, but I hope they'll eventually branch out and make some Genji (Minamoto clan) and Heike (Taira clan) characters from the Kamakura period! I think the nicest armour and weapons were made during that period and they have always been my favorite. Japanese armour at it's very best!

Mini review

I got the Shingen figure today and for almost half the price! The headsculpt is top notch compare to Masamune (JP exclusive). I love the paint aps. I especially like the eyes! I love those veins and redness there.

Regarding the weight and the materials used.

Shingen is so much lighter than Date, about 2/3 the weight of Masamune (with all the kabuto on etc.). He looks more "fatter" even without the Jinbaori (vest). The weight is probably due to the materials used. Im pretty sure DiD used different materials for Shingen, it doesnt even make that "bell chimes" when you move him around.

They definitely used a different body for Shingen.

The use of different materials for Shingen kinda reminded me of "Plastic Fet" :lol

Anyway, that's all for now. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Does he hold poses better? my Date's knees tend to bend real easily if not supported by a stand. It's natural that with all that weight he would sag, but I was hoping the body would have been stiffer.

Re: Mini review

tricol said:
I got the Shingen figure today and for almost half the price! The headsculpt is top notch compare to Masamune (JP exclusive). I love the paint aps. I especially like the eyes! I love those veins and redness there.

Regarding the weight and the materials used.

Shingen is so much lighter than Date, about 2/3 the weight of Masamune (with all the kabuto on etc.). He looks more "fatter" even without the Jinbaori (vest). The weight is probably due to the materials used. Im pretty sure DiD used different materials for Shingen, it doesnt even make that "bell chimes" when you move him around.

They definitely used a different body for Shingen.

The use of different materials for Shingen kinda reminded me of "Plastic Fet" :lol

Anyway, that's all for now. Enjoy!
This is the Deluxe Japan exclusive right? Man that sucks if they're not using metal any more. But as long as the quality is the same It won't bother me too much. A new Body huh? That's great because DID has the worst available right now. My Masamune's knees buckle too.

screamingmetal said:
This is the Deluxe Japan exclusive right? Man that sucks if they're not using metal any more. But as long as the quality is the same It won't bother me too much. A new Body huh? That's great because DID has the worst available right now. My Masamune's knees buckle too.

Yes its the Japanese Exclusive.

Anyway, I THINK Shingen's armour is based from the armour used in a TV series about Takeda in Japan. (Japanese movie legends Sonny Chiba and Watanabe starred in this mini series) If you remember, Masamune's armour (and the likeness of the International version) was based from Ken Watanabe's TV (One-eyed Dragon) series back in the 80's.

Here's a picture a found from the TV show

Shingen.jpg

Last edited:

tricol said:
Im pretty sure DiD used different materials for Shingen, it doesnt even make that "bell chimes" when you move him around.

That's a bummer, that sound is one of the things I love about Date.

Just received the newest samurai figure and it is unbelievable in the quality and beauty. I was never much on samurai, but after getting the two available figures, I'm hooked.The amount of time and knolege put into these figures makes them well worth the price. My wife is 1/2 Japanese and she has claimed them and has displayed them in a prominate place in the living room.Her mom, who is 100% Japanese thought the figures were a tribute to her culture in a positive way. Unfortunatley her aunt was at Hiroshima in 1945 when THE bomb was dropped. Even though theses terrible things happened, she love the USA very much and I love her.She is a very classy lady.
Thanks,

Brent

musketball said:
Just received the newest samurai figure and it is unbelievable in the quality and beauty. I was never much on samurai, but after getting the two available figures, I'm hooked.The amount of time and knolege put into these figures makes them well worth the price. My wife is 1/2 Japanese and she has claimed them and has displayed them in a prominate place in the living room.Her mom, who is 100% Japanese thought the figures were a tribute to her culture in a positive way. Unfortunatley her aunt was at Hiroshima in 1945 when THE bomb was dropped. Even though theses terrible things happened, she love the USA very much and I love her.She is a very classy lady.
Thanks,

Brent
awesome! they do look sweet, is it the one with the black armor? you have to figure out the uploading pictures thing so you can start sharing. :)

Last edited:
I'd love to get these too - spouse permitting. She's from Japan but oddly enough she's really superstitious and uncomfortable about samurai figures - having a 'spirit' of some sort or other - go figure:confused: Other themes she doesn't feel that way.

musketball said:
Hello
vader Al, I purchased the black samurai from https://www.tommysmilitarytoys.com/page/page/1884383.htm for $124.00. The quality is outstanding. I also bought the Takeda Shingen from the same site for $134.00. They have excellent service.I hope this helps.

Brent
thanks Musketball. i've always been very intersted in Japanese culture...really ever since i was very little and watched the t.v. mini-series Shogun with my dad. these have moved to the top of my list of my non-SW/LOTR collection...sorry WWII "major players", you'll have to wait.

Last edited:
Back