New DID Samurai Takeda Shingen!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
metaphorge said:
There are just too many awesome 1:6 figures out these days. These look fantastic, but my budget is currently consumed by Hot Toys.

I definitely hear ya, bro. Hot Toys stuff has been eating bigger and bigger holes in my collecting budget for the past year and a half. I really never got into DiD's figures until these Japanese warriors came out... I just can't resist these figs! :monkey5

Same.

I'm just happy that I can resist the exclusive versions and settle for the International ones.

I had a browse on ebay for the horse and they are all pretty much around the same price, so I went with Battle Rhino for $90. https://www.thebattlerhino.com/ Just scroll down the page and click on the Samurai to lead you there.

Last edited:
The exclusives are too insanely priced for my taste (and budget!) If they were the only things I collected, then I could probably talk myself into it, but yeah, the so-called International editions are much more reasonably priced for this collector, too.

I am anxiously awaiting for my Takeda Shingen figure (international) to arrive. I picked up the ultra realistic horse a few weeks back (which is simply spectacular - and gives my Mum the creeps because it looks like it is actually alive!), and can't wait to sit the figure on the horse.

Cuddly Vampire said:
I am anxiously awaiting for my Takeda Shingen figure (international) to arrive. I picked up the ultra realistic horse a few weeks back (which is simply spectacular - and gives my Mum the creeps because it looks like it is actually alive!), and can't wait to sit the figure on the horse.

pics, pics, pics!!!!!

Wow; that's a big horse! I hope Sideshow gets around to making horses for the LOTR figures. That one is really cool, but MAN he's massive! I'd also like one in a walking pose and not quite as dramatic as that one.

Captain Faramir said:
Wow; that's a big horse! I hope Sideshow gets around to making horses for the LOTR figures. That one is really cool, but MAN he's massive! I'd also like one in a walking pose and not quite as dramatic as that one.

it looks in scale though...i wouldn't have it any other way...a 1/6 horse with a 1/6 "posable statue" brings the "posable statue" alive!

Vader AL said:
it looks in scale though...i wouldn't have it any other way...a 1/6 horse with a 1/6 "posable statue" brings the "posable statue" alive!

I agree. It does look a little oversized next to Aragorn, but I've seen Shingen on the same horse and it looks just right, a little small in fact, like samurai horses would have been. Dragon's horses are really huge by comparison, but they still should look great with any LOTR or other 1:6 scale military figure. Anyway, that's what I'll be using for all my LOTR warriors. Btw, I think we'll be waiting a long while before SSC makes a horse figure, but what do I know? :D :monkey3

Captain Faramir said:
Looks like DiD will be making a range, so you're in luck Cap.

66ubgw9.jpg

Doomhammer said:

This really is good news! Looks like the next two offerings are German cavalry, Wehrmacht and SS, and the tack appears to made of real leather, too! Now, if only they could put some articulation in their legs... Maybe they will later on, especially if this line sells well. Even without it, the different stances and colorings makes them look really good for any LOTR or ACW conversions, too. I sure hope they make a white one so we'll have a suitable Shadowfax when Gandy the White is eventually released! :D

Doomhammer said:
I was gonna say that it's a pitty they all are the same colour?

Guess I was thinking of the illustrations on the box in the pic Creech posted. If they're gonna make a whole line of horses it seems unlikely they'd make 'em all the same colour, doesn't it? It'll be a real shame if they go that route!

Even on the pictures that Doomhammer has linked to, it has a smaller inset horse of differing colours. A grey and a white respectively. They may be the same colour, but at least they are different stances. I'll have to wait for one with a western saddle, before I look to buying another horse just yet. The tack looks great. Thanks for the link Doomhammer.

Thanks for the news, Brent! I just ordered some stuff from them but didn't see the horses. Guess they must have just come in..? Anyway, I'll check it out. :cool:

creecher said:
Even on the pictures that Doomhammer has linked to, it has a smaller inset horse of differing colours. A grey and a white respectively. They may be the same colour, but at least they are different stances. I'll have to wait for one with a western saddle, before I look to buying another horse just yet. The tack looks great. Thanks for the link Doomhammer.

I must have missed those! The Caltek link took forever to load and I got a little impatient. I like that it appears they're using real leather for the tack. Now, if only they'll think about adding some articulation in the legs and maybe making some medieval European tack we can use for our LOTR figures...right, Cap? :D

Back