New DiD Headsculpt - Dolph Lundgren?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty damn good likeness. But the hair is all wrong for most of the custom I've people want it for here.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Well, the good news it that it arrived today. The bad news is that Dolph is completely lost with it. It is much narrower than I was expecting.

WARNING: Pics taken with my phone. :gah:

Here's a comparison with Rocco's Punisher and WGP's Trad. Indy.
IMG02361-20130213-1849_zps456c580a.jpg

IMG02362-20130213-1850_zps4d112652.jpg

On top of the body I'll be using for my He-Man (TTM20). Obviously it looks even worse with the double giraffe neck.
b43fb703-b1a4-4328-b4fe-603f6d76ff62_zps9adafb3e.jpg

And Rocco's just for another comparison.
IMG02364-20130213-1851_zps3b3ee681.jpg

I'm hoping I can warm it up with some hot water and squish it a bit wider. Or maybe I'll cast up some copies that I can butcher to make a more recognizable Dolph.

I'm just not seeing a convincing Dolph likeness in that sculpt. Too bad because I could really use a good one for Gunnar.

I concur.

Asides from the HOT TOYS Ivan Dragon version of Dolph from a couple of years ago, I'm surprised there has been no general offerings from other companies based on his likeness.

With the advent of all these smaller run/fly by midnight type groups/workshops in China/Hong Kong and the number of generic muscle bodies be utilized in OEM style I'm surprised no one has yet to offer a 1:6 RED SCORPION figure yet. Maybe ART FIGURES may get around to it soon.

I'd think at this point Rocco's head is going to be your best option... even the HT head is pretty dated looking now. I think Rocco's could look pretty impressive if you lowered it on the body added hair.

Over the months of staring at this sculpt every time I walk past my Detolf, I keep seeing some of Dolph's likeness poking out. Maybe it was just wishful thinking due to the disappointment, and I was wanting to see something. Either way, it's been driving me nuts. I finally decided the eyes are the main problem.

covered_zps855f94d4.jpg

Just covering the eyes seemed to make the Dolph-ness come out.

Follow that up with a little photoshop magic... Hair lightened, eyes dropped down, spread apart, and 5% larger.

modded_zpse13e7c2d.jpg

It's still got a ways to go, but definitely a step in the right direction... I think. I might be able to Frankenstein a sculpt out of this after all. Thoughts?

There's definitely a good bit of both of them in this sculpt. I can't argue that.

Well, it was Dolph in the original sculpt. I don't know who it is now. I see what you mean about seeing Lundgren when masking the eyes, but am not sure its salvageable. Hopefully it is. Don't see Leary in there at all.

Back