NEW Alien vs Predator videogame details!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I'm hearing, you can also expect to be able to cocoon victims as an Alien, and drag your victims up into trees and skin them as a Predator.

Niiiiice. I think what I like the most about this is that it's not going to be their first rodeo. I only played the first installment on a pc, and while it needed some work it showed promise. Hopefully this won't just have the better graphics, but also be a much more refined final product than if this was their first run.

Niiiiice. I think what I like the most about this is that it's not going to be their first rodeo. I only played the first installment on a pc, and while it needed some work it showed promise. Hopefully this won't just have the better graphics, but also be a much more refined final product than if this was their first run.
no worries man. the second game and the expansion packs are awesome and greatly improved over the first game on the PC. heck, i still have the old Atari Jaguar version and thought that game was awesome back in the day.

This makes me happy. AvP was great! So claustophobic and scary, one of the few games that made me shriek and had to stop playing for a bit (first time a face hugger got me). After I'd been playing for a long time, I could still hear the motion tracker in my head when I was falling asleep!

AvP2 had a more in-depth story but none of the scare and randomness of the first.

The only other game that has made me feel anywhere near that edgy is Left 4 Dead (another game that has enemies coming from all over the place) which in turn made me think about a new AvP game using one of the new graphics engines. Which engine is it using btw?

The one thing I always thought was lacking was the multiplayer - after playing alot of Left 4 Dead, a bit of Call of Duty and LOADS of Counterstrike (since 1999 here) - I hope they do something good with the multiplayer side.

This reminds me... I might install AvP2 again and try out some of the user made maps and some of the mods out there... hmmm

AVP 1 was an amazing, one of my favorite of the old skool games.

AVP 2 was VERY dissapointing to me, very dissapointing.

Hopefully they bring back some of what AVP 1 a great game in this one.

AVP 1 was an amazing, one of my favorite of the old skool games.

AVP 2 was VERY dissapointing to me, very dissapointing.

Hopefully they bring back some of what AVP 1 a great game in this one.

What was bad about 2? i thought it was very good.

Story kind of sucked but game play was on par with all shooters of it time.

YES YES YES!!! I have been following this ever since it was announced! I really really really cant wait for this!!! :joy predator all the way :D

Along with the single player comes what they are calling "the reinvention of one of multiplayer gaming's defining moments", with a series of unique 3-way online modes that allow players to play any of the three races.

emedded for lazy people

<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/x1Ld5AVApn0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/x1Ld5AVApn0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>

AvP 1 was a truly fun and great game. The species battle mode was awesome! There were a few problems with the multi though. Not enough people would play as the aliens since there weren't any of the guns that the Preds or marines had. The other big issue that I ran into was the lag. It was a fairly laggy multiplayer, though this shouldn't be as much a problem with today's technology.

emedded for lazy people

<object width="580" height="360"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/x1Ld5AVApn0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/x1Ld5AVApn0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="580" height="360"></embed></object>

Not bad for a teaser. The latest issue of the OXM really got me excited for this. :rock

Back