New ALIEN Statue from Yoshihiko Sano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More pics..

302095-1.jpg

302095-2.jpg

302095-3.jpg

302095-4.jpg

302095-5.jpg]

index_02.gif

What does the middle column price represent? Each additional statue (so it's like a discount if you buy more than one)?

I'm liking the resin kit price, though. Only $400 USD. Damn... I so wish I could grab this guy, but my money's tied up in other collectibles! If only I swallowed my pride and sprang for the resin kit of the bust earlier. No doubt the price on that would've been reasonable as well.

It represents the member's pricing. The pricing of the Kit version is actually really GREAT, have it and the SELE reserved a while ago. Can't wait!

Looks like this shot is missing.

Cool shot.

ORDER IS UP!! :panic:

ORDERED! :yess:

Hellishly expensive but so worth it. Lets see i can get the $$ by the time payment comes round :pray:

Though I got mine secured but how did you ordered it? As far as I know, both site are only taking domestic orders only. Someone in JP hooked you up? TIA.

Though I got mine secured but how did you ordered it? As far as I know, both site are only taking domestic orders only. Someone in JP hooked you up? TIA.

I got a email from them, stating:

Welcome to Roswell Japan !!

Thank you for shopping with Roswell Japan.

https://www.roswell.co.jp/home/home.html

ALIEN BIG CHAP Full sized /2nd version is coming soon !

The order will be accepted from November 14th from our website.

You can order limited number of 30 Special Ver.and kits only.

* Special Ver. 30 limited edition

We will provide a limited number of 30 with individually-numbered and Sano's
signature.
The other kits has no individually-numbered and Sano's signature.

The price - JPY120,000
The sale date - 2011 around the middle of Dec.

* ALIEN BIG CHAP Kit

The price - JPY30,000
The sale date - 2011 the end of Nov.

We will provide only 50 kits.

* News

ALIEN BIG CHAP Special Ver. and normal Ver. are sold at Mamegeyorai and the
other shop.
Special Ver. and nomal Ver. have no individually-numbered and Sano's
signature.

https://www.mamegyorai.co.jp/net/default.aspx

I filled out the form in Japanesse on the Roswell site, It said order placed but I did however email them to confirm, no reply yet. So I do not know now if my order did actual go through.

How do we know when they will be taking international orders, will it come up on hobbysearch?

Just got confirmation by Yumiko. :yess:

Worked out cheaper than i expected. I am so AMPT! Thank you for the most ultimate ALIEN statue i will ever need. No more money wasting at Sideshow :monkey5

Dear, Mr. Douglas

Thank you for your order.
We appreciate your first order.

Here is our price quote.

Alien Art Statue Special Version----- JPY 102,000
shipping ------------------------------ JPY 10,000
------------------------------------------------------
             the total JPY112,000

We accept the payment method is only paypal and Japanese Yen.
Please send to [email protected]

We will be able to ship about Jan, 27 2012 by EMS.

Please let me know your full name, address ( including your country )
telephone.

Thank you again.

Yumiko Maki

Last edited:
I got a email from them, stating:

Welcome to Roswell Japan !!

Thank you for shopping with Roswell Japan.

https://www.roswell.co.jp/home/home.html

ALIEN BIG CHAP Full sized /2nd version is coming soon !

The order will be accepted from November 14th from our website.

You can order limited number of 30 Special Ver.and kits only.

* Special Ver. 30 limited edition

We will provide a limited number of 30 with individually-numbered and Sano's
signature.
The other kits has no individually-numbered and Sano's signature.

The price - JPY120,000
The sale date - 2011 around the middle of Dec.

* ALIEN BIG CHAP Kit

The price - JPY30,000
The sale date - 2011 the end of Nov.

We will provide only 50 kits.

* News

ALIEN BIG CHAP Special Ver. and normal Ver. are sold at Mamegeyorai and the
other shop.
Special Ver. and nomal Ver. have no individually-numbered and Sano's
signature.

https://www.mamegyorai.co.jp/net/default.aspx

I filled out the form in Japanesse on the Roswell site, It said order placed but I did however email them to confirm, no reply yet. So I do not know now if my order did actual go through.

How do we know when they will be taking international orders, will it come up on hobbysearch?

What is this I see? A second version? Hot diggety dog, I might actually have a shot at this one! Time to save up...

Just got confirmation by Yumiko. :yess:

Worked out cheaper than i expected. I am so AMPT! Thank you for the most ultimate ALIEN statue i will ever need. No more money wasting at Sideshow :monkey5

Dear, Mr. Douglas

Thank you for your order.
We appreciate your first order.

Here is our price quote.

Alien Art Statue Special Version----- JPY 102,000
shipping ------------------------------ JPY 10,000
------------------------------------------------------
             the total JPY112,000

We accept the payment method is only paypal and Japanese Yen.
Please send to [email protected]

We will be able to ship about Jan, 27 2012 by EMS.

Please let me know your full name, address ( including your country )
telephone.

Thank you again.

Yumiko Maki

Sweet! Congrats!

Wait so how do I go about ordering this if I'm in the USA? And what's the difference between all the different versions?
Is there a version that comes completely painted like the proto seen in the pictures?
I've never ordered anything from this company before...how are their products quality-wise?

Same questions as draekus, any summary on all the different version in english? What's painted, built, what not?

Same questions as draekus, any summary on all the different version in english? What's painted, built, what not?

Also,
for anyone who either understands Japanese fluently or has theoriginal 1/3 busts and knows about them I have some questions:

All I know if that the special color version is custom and supervized by Sano, and the Black versions are not. However The black versions they also call N or Normal Color of the suit versions (same number in qty as Special version, so I know it doesnt mean that it's more common, but less expensive)

My main question is, if they've described the Black version as the normal / accurate suit color, is the special version like, amp'd up versions of the color - or what the colors should ideally be that the prop isn't?

Thanks in advance anyone who can answer these questions. ... I prefer the black version - cuz I prefer them less bronzy, but I like how the special version's skull appears better especially in the eyesockets - of the statues and the busts...

ALSO - are these resin, cold cast porcelain, or polystone - (or are resin, cold-cast porcelain, and polystone exactly the same thing)?

I wished they painted the teeth and nails Chrome --- that was the one thing I remember that giger wanted changed on the Cinemaquette -- chrome teeth and nails...

Last edited:
I don't read Japanese but from the look of the pics, it should be very clear what version is what, doesn't it?

I don't read Japanese but from the look of the pics, it should be very clear what version is what, doesn't it?

It's definitely clear which is which - but what is the provenance of the detail? kIs the Special version "more" accurate or simply more detailed which is the obvious observation. Or is the special version more "idealized" what was intended for it to be?

I prefer the black version b/c it resembles most of Gigers sculpted works and is described as the "normal" suit color - though I remember the suit had more brown in it....

Re the elbow spikes, does anyone know if the absence of it on the actual Giger statue in Switzerland imply that it was an intentional design change? or was it simply missing and never replaced? ... The Marmit added them in (though way innacurate) ... I was hoping Roswell would do the same, but more accurate than the Marmit...

Last edited:
Back