New ALIEN Statue from Yoshihiko Sano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I know, the castings and details are all the same. The only differences are paint scheme, Sano's sig. and COA. I'm sure you will get more info you email Yumiko at Roswell Japan.

Last edited:
Re the elbow spikes, does anyone know if the absence of it on the actual Giger statue in Switzerland imply that it was an intentional design change? or was it simply missing and never replaced? ... The Marmit added them in (though way innacurate) ... I was hoping Roswell would do the same, but more accurate than the Marmit...

From the looks of the Google images. The elbow spikes are not present. The spikes can be easily sculpted in if one prefer to have it. For me, it's a non-issue.

I don't read Japanese but from the look of the pics, it should be very clear what version is what, doesn't it?

No, it isn't. Yes, I can tell there's a black version and a more detailed version. Thus I ASSUME the "special version" is the more detailed version. But I want to make sure before I potentially make a very large purchase. Especially since most of the site is in a language I don't understand.

Also, whats the difference between the "Rimted Special Version" (now sold-out) and the "special version"?

No, it isn't. Yes, I can tell there's a black version and a more detailed version. Thus I ASSUME the "special version" is the more detailed version. But I want to make sure before I potentially make a very large purchase. Especially since most of the site is in a language I don't understand.

Also, whats the difference between the "Rimted Special Version" (now sold-out) and the "special version"?

Limited Special is signed and numbered -- it's a first run...almost like how they do artist proofs...

The detailed version is labelled as Special on the pictures on the site and the Black version is labelled Normal....(less paint apps on the normal)

As far as I know, the castings and details are all the same. The only differences are paint scheme, Sano's sig. and COA. I'm sure you will get more info you email Yumiko at Roswell Japan.

email sent - I'll report back any info I get...

Sweet! Congrats!

Thank you, too ampt on this ... now waiting on when they expect payment delivery on there side.

Re the elbow spikes, does anyone know if the absence of it on the actual Giger statue in Switzerland imply that it was an intentional design change? or was it simply missing and never replaced? ... The Marmit added them in (though way innacurate) ... I was hoping Roswell would do the same, but more accurate than the Marmit...

From all the research i have done and read on this forum, The museum one def has no elbow spikes. I think Yoshihiko went for the museum accurate statue than movie accurate.

From the looks of the Google images. The elbow spikes are not present. The spikes can be easily sculpted in if one prefer to have it. For me, it's a non-issue.

Agreed Spikes don't worry me in the least bit. I am just ampt, finally as accurate as one can get Alien statue.

Last edited:
Thank you, too ampt on this ... now waiting on when they expect payment delivery on there side.

From all the research i have done and read on this forum, The museum one def has no elbow spikes. I think Yoshihiko went for the museum accurate statue than movie accurate.

Agreed Spikes don't worry me in the least bit. I am just ampt, finally as accurate as one can get Alien statue.

The spikes aren't an issue or worry me per se...I'm just curious why they were left out and if anyone knows the story...if they were either, never a part of the design and added later, or if Giger decided he wanted it more streamline etc...

Also this statue that's in Giger museum, was the suit molded from this version of the sculpt?...it looks a lot like the one that was in the workshop while making Alien...I know the suit had wrist seams or bands that appeared as lateral stripes...and the gloves four fingers were fused in pairs...so the 5 fingers can animate all of them...

If only I had enough money at this point... the normal version would be totally fine with me, after all the movie suit didn't seem to have too much of a paint job anyway.

If only I had enough money at this point... the normal version would be totally fine with me, after all the movie suit didn't seem to have too much of a paint job anyway.

In fact, other then the number, Sano's sig. and paint scheme. The normal version is no different then the other 2 versions. Hobbysearch's price is quite reasonable. And personally, I like the look of the base on the normal version better.

The spikes aren't an issue or worry me per se...I'm just curious why they were left out and if anyone knows the story...if they were either, never a part of the design and added later, or if Giger decided he wanted it more streamline etc...

Also this statue that's in Giger museum, was the suit molded from this version of the sculpt?...it looks a lot like the one that was in the workshop while making Alien...I know the suit had wrist seams or bands that appeared as lateral stripes...and the gloves four fingers were fused in pairs...so the 5 fingers can animate all of them...

from what i know the alien has 6 fingers where the 4 middle are fused in pairs from the base of the hand to just above the knuckle. So above the knuckle the Aliens fingers were not fused but this could of been a design variable in the making of the suite so Bolaji Badejo could fit his hands and fingers in.

Hands

picture038+%283%29.bmp

Wrist Bands

suitalien1.jpg

You can read more about the suit here

swiss-surrealist-h-r-giger-and-his-creation-e28093-alien-1979.jpg

Giger Museum Big Chap Hands
0001.jpg

As for the Yoshihiko Sano Scuplt, hobbysearch description of the item mentions "2nd prototype series by Mr. Yoshihiko Sano ─ ─ the whole body of Giger Museum Big Chap.", So there you have it looks like Yoshihiko based his sculpt on the Giger Museum Big Chap.

Last edited:
Anybody know anything about the kit version other than that first post shoeing that it was 50 pcs and sold out? I'm still hoping that wasn't official and final.

Back