New 3D Star Wars Rumor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't see a new project happening anytime soon considering the live-action tv show isn't supposed to air for another 2 years. And aren't Lucas and Spielberg working on a new Indy movie? Is he going to be working on these until he's in his 80s?

Who? Harrison or Lucas? :lol

That said, Lucas loves his technology. I think that he'd want to ride the wave of this new 3D tech and bring Star Wars back in. (It'll be interesting to see how much these would gross compared to new release movies. I for one will be in the queue waiting.)

That said, Lucas loves his technology. I think that he'd want to ride the wave of this new 3D tech and bring Star Wars back in. (It'll be interesting to see how much these would gross compared to new release movies. I for one will be in the queue waiting.)

Which he's shown a habit of embracing by infusing into the current films. Again, I think if we see anything 3D, it'll either be the animated show gone movie, or his Star Wars sextet "Special Editionized" into 3D. Red and Blue Stormies anyone? :monkey4

Lucas might make another Clone Wars movie, and make that 3D just to test the water.
I know the first Clone Wars did not do that well at the Box Office, but the show is well established now to a younger audience.

The OT didn't come out on DVD until 2004. I'm not holding my breath for Bluray anytime soon.

SW on Bluray is not the problem, it will happen - I'm talking about the original pre-SE trilogy.. the one people seem to forget. The 2006 OOT releases were not remastered, and not even true widescreen.

SW on Bluray is not the problem, it will happen - I'm talking about the original pre-SE trilogy.. the one people seem to forget. The 2006 OOT releases were not remastered, and not even true widescreen.

Yeah, and I still bought them. :(

I don't think that will ever happen.
Anyway apart from Greedo shooting first I prefer the Special DVD editions.

ESB SE is the most tolerable, as they changed little in it, but the Gungans in ROTJ? Come on.

I don't think that will ever happen.
Anyway apart from Greedo shooting first I prefer the Special DVD editions.

Not me... honestly nothing in the SE (to me) added much to the films. If anything the changes always seem to take me out of the film... or just upset me (like the new Jabba musical number).

The thing about the SE changes is how OCD they can get. Like Vader's eyebrows in ROTJ.. I understand the reasoning behind that, but they don't even bother fixing Luke's saber "off" sound when he runs from the Wampa cave?

Not me... honestly nothing in the SE (to me) added much to the films. If anything the changes always seem to take me out of the film... or just upset me (like the new Jabba musical number).

Oh I forgot about that. Yeah I hate the Special Edition Jabba Musical number.
I do like that they put Ian McDiarmid in ESB though, and the Death Star Battle looks much better now.

The thing about the SE changes is how OCD they can get. Like Vader's eyebrows in ROTJ.. I understand the reasoning behind that, but they don't even bother fixing Luke's saber "off" sound when he runs from the Wampa cave?

The "off" sound originally occurred before you see him running out of the cave. The ESB SE changed the editing so that you hear it turn off AFTER he runs out. In other words, there was nothing to fix until the SE messed it up.

-Star Wars 3D... I wouldn't do it...
-The SE wasn't bad, appart for the Hayden Christensen ghost, Boba's "new" voice, still didn't fix the scène were Luke get's his fathers lightsaber and the Greedo shoots first thing... But the eybrows on Anakin in ep VI and the Whampa scene were good new adds.
-I wasn't going to Avatar, and still don't go... Another stupid director who thinks he can make something that's greater then Star Wars... Look at us... we are all (I suppose :rolleyes:) big Star Wars fans with a (huge) collection... So if this "one movie" thinks he can make us sell all our Star Wars stuff and buy all Avatar related things... I don't think he makes a chance...

That's my opinion...:D

I don't think any 3D movie will have the same impact on me as Star Wars had when I first saw the Star Destroyer appear in the first scene of the movie. I was only seven and I remember it like it was yesterday. I even remember the massive queue that went all the way down the road to get in to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back