Netflix to raise price to stream

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Literally it's like Netflix wants me to cancel. They raise prices, people leave yet some hang because to convenience outweighs the cost. So what do they do? Make it less convenient. So they'll cut the service in half, split the charges so you'll have two charges on your cards instead of one, and have to keep tabs and deal with two completely different websites and two different accounts with no integration.

Yet we get to keep the warm and fuzzy red envelopes? :lol

I'm waiting to see the cost for the video game service, I was already on the 3 DVD and streaming plan so I'm assuming that it'll be advanced enough to include that but with HBOGO and now CINEMAXGO and rumros of Starz and Showtime adding those features, the reason for streaming has become pretty nil.

I had three movies at a time and unlimited. Rather than pay the $24 a month for the same thing, I dropped streaming and went to just 2 blus at a time, saving myself $9 or $10 a month.

I've been using RedBox for my rentals of late. I find it quite easy and convenient. Plus, no subscription fees.

I've decided to drop Netflix... I enjoyed the Streaming when I had more free time. But with a 13 month old I have to be selective with my viewing time (at most one movie every 2-3 days) so I don't want to spend it watching so-so streaming movies.

And with blockbuster you get blurays and games for the same price I'm going to go with them.

I've decided to drop Netflix... I enjoyed the Streaming when I had more free time. But with a 13 month old I have to be selective with my viewing time (at most one movie every 2-3 days) so I don't want to spend it watching so-so streaming movies.

And with blockbuster you get blurays and games for the same price I'm going to go with them.

What a minute...at BB online you get blurays and games for same price as netflix streaming?

What a minute...at BB online you get blurays and games for same price as netflix streaming?

He's saying there is there is no price increase for blu-rays and games. So for $9.99, you get 1 blu-ray or game at a time. Netflix still hasn't announced their pricing for games, but they'll probably charge more like they already do for blu-rays.

He's saying there is there is no price increase for blu-rays and games. So for $9.99, you get 1 blu-ray or game at a time. Netflix still hasn't announced their pricing for games, but they'll probably charge more like they already do for blu-rays.

that's pretty good, but I though BB went bankrupt or was closing a lot of stores.

Sorry, my bad... I meant it as you don't pay an increased fee for games and BluRay.

With Netflix my last bill was just shy of $20 for streaming and 1 BluRay at at time. With BB I will have 2 out at a time at $15; so for me that works out a bit better and I get the variety of the occasional game.

I'm wondering why they're even freaking out and bringing attention to themselves. Even with 1,000,000 less subscribers they would have still been making more money than before due to the price increase.

Why is streaming so awesome? I can watch The Office, and Fear and Loathing on the same day....that is greatness.

Im slightly bummed i was hoping to have my video games and movies under the same package with the fast shipping netflix provides, unlike gamefly.

Back